Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mikado 600se vs. Compass 6HV vs. scale?

Pro's and cons guys.

For some stupid reason, I'm trying to decide on a 600. "If I did", this would be the choice. FBL of course, (flybars, pfhhttt).
Not talking the cf 600se, either, just the plastic one. Sorry, I see too many advantages to the plastic frame to dismiss it.

Actually, been thinking about an electric 600 Blackhawk. Guess I might have enough performance heli's. Also found a Hind in the same size! Now, I can "see" that.

On the first two, talking top line, again, ( you know me ). MKS hv all the way, scorpion and full size V-Bar, again.

Scale, haven't thought about it much, but I did find a place still selling sk360's!

The scale, actually has me interrrested. The thought of a Hind doing a dust-off sounds like a fun idea.

Observation, on todays research, I'm not thinking the cost savings of a 600 is really worth it when compared to a 700, not in the performance end anyway.

Only slot I have left, really, and it's time to plan those winter projects.

So, what do you think I should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

600SE + the Mikado Hughes 500 scale without a doubt.
http://shop.mikado-heli.de/LOGO-Scal...&c=5381&p=5381

About the only scale fuselage that is rigid enough (carbon box inside the fuse) to do advanced manoeuvers, and you could take the scale away very easily if you'd wish. Basically, you'd have 2 helis in one, a light 700 size 3D heli and a scale heli, with the added benefit that the scale version wouldn't get boring soon. It might be on my list of winterprojects. After the Xxtreme, of course.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tom, the 600se swings 693mm blades, so rotor wise, it's more like a 700 but with 600 power. I also think it has a stretched boom, again to make it the size of a 700. I guess the SE stands for Stretched Edition?

I'm not sure if you were aware of that, but I thought I'd mention it as you stated you wanted a 600 size heli.

The Logo 600 may be a better choice if you want a true 600 sized heli.

As for scale, what Raf posted is great for scale and 3D. But it depends on how true to scale you want to be. For me, those Mikado fuselages are more like "full body sports pods". Nothing wrong with that, if you want to compromise to allow for some 3D aswell. If that's what you want, then it's perfect for you.

But if you want something like a blackhawk, then I'm guessing you want a bit more attention to detail when it comes to looking like the real thing (e.g. guns, search lights, cockpit, rivets etc). Versus the bare minimum detail you get with the Mikado hughes 500.

Jonny
Old 07-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm lovin' the pink one!!

dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got to admit, it's a pretty pink!

At 12s Jonny, power ain't gonna be an issue.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

also Jonny, just because it can swing 690's doesnt mean you have to .
600se on 620's the tail is awesome cause it is so far out.

Darin
mCPX
Real_Sparky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

True. I'm swinging 713's and Avant has a long tail, just got to love it!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My point is that you'll need a 700 size fuselage if you go for the 600se. Therefore it will be bigger than a 600 scale heli. I'm not having a go at the 600se because it's "underpowered" or anything. I have nothing bad to say about Mikado at all. Well that's a lie, I do have one complaint and that is, I can't afford one!

Jonny
Old 08-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mikado 600se vs. Compass 6HV vs. scale?

Both of these are great helicopters, so there is no downside here.

I own and fly both (my Logo is the 3D version), and enjoy both.

Both have reliable belt driven tail systems. Both have very strong frames and are well designed. Both are highly resistant to wear in normal use.

I have not flown scale in many years (my Hirobo scale Iroquois was finished about 1981 and last flew in 1990, my Kavan Jet Ranger was retired long before that).

The 6HV has a lower profile, which may provide an advantage, depending on the specific dimensions of the fuselage.

In terms of flying (my opinion), the 6HV is a bit more precise and more responsive; the Logo perhaps just the slightest bit smoother (from a flight characteristic standpoint, not a mechanical standpoint-both are very smooth, mechanically).

The 6HV is a little bit lighter as well.

I prefer the head design on the 6HV with the swashplate being driven by the delrin drive tubes directly from the blade grips (at some point, I will probably upgrade the head on the Logo to the Compass/TracX head).

I confess to a certain bias towards Compass as I fly for them and have been flying them for years prior to that-they are my favorite machines of all I have had in the last 35 years or so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in