Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Msr x motor in a msr

So who is going to try this first, and will you use the stock blades or the msrx blades
Flatearthman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a thread down below with no replies as i wanted as much input as possible before attemting it. I have my spare parts second MSRX here so i have the motor.
But i worry about frying the main motor fets, So some cooling will be needed.

Ive really been more interested in learning to fly my MSRX than attempting mods, But i also want a mSR with MSRX power.

I gotta make up some copper heatinks and then let the thermal adhesive cure a little bit. Being hand made it could take a while. But ill post pics of the mods if it works.

If not all be sending you a pm asking to help buy me a new mSR mainboard after i fried mine trying this! lol j/k!
All mods are done at your own expense and responsibility or you dont need to be modding.
Dasfriek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thats what is the most fun about the hobby, my msr flys perfectly i just cant stop tinkering with stuff
so the msr x will be in the mod shop after a few flights
there is always weight to be lost and power to be gained
Old 12-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

In all honesty i spend more time modding and fixing than i ever do in the air. The main reason is my living room is the largest room of the house but can only be used to fly in at very specific times for short periods.
So i try and make sure my heli's are ALWAYS ready for flight as many times i never know when i can sneak a few cells of flying in.

Im gonna pull my motor from the MSRX now and give this a shot. Im gonna start with the install first as im not 100% sure it will fit perfectly yet and no sense in all those cooling mods if the motor dont even fit.

You will here back from me pretty soon tho.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I had an extra mSRX motor I wouldn't be scared to try it in the mSR. I have two extra 5-n1's anyway.

-Don
Dont155 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatearthman View Post
So who is going to try this first, and will you use the stock blades or the msrx blades
People still intend to fly their old mSRs after getting the mSR X? Heck, I shelved mine months ago because I got bored with it and sick of its annoying flight characteristics from that stupid 45 degree flybar.
kokopelli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Done and a BIG failure.
The 5n1 cant output the amps the big motor needs, It flys just like it normally does with the old motor.
It took me longer as my old motor was hard wired into the board so i had to make a new connector which it needed done anyhow.

I also have a 120SR tail motor, But after what ive seen it wont do no better either.

Sorry guys, I too was hoping to not have to keep my mSR on a diet all the time just so it stayed nimble.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

if you want the msrx to last you will let it cool down after a flight
but if you still want to fly while its cooling then why not fly your msr
Old 12-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli View Post
People still intend to fly their old mSRs after getting the mSR X? Heck, I shelved mine months ago because I got bored with it and sick of its annoying flight characteristics from that stupid 45 degree flybar.
I have two mSR's and I'll probably fly both of em until I run out of spare parts for them. I didn't pay $100+ each for them just to let them rot on a shelf now. Besides, they're still fun enough to provide some entertainment, especially if you fly them without taming them down with beginner DX6i settings.

If they do get boring for me, I'll probably give them to my nephews to try to temp them into helis. But they won't be forgotten, they're too good to ignore in spite of their quirks.

The dust gatherer in my house is the silly 3.5ch hover giant I was fool enough to buy before I logged onto all of the R/C forums. I didn't know any better and thought bigger would let it fight the wind easier. That was a big FAIL on my part, I could've had better helis sooner if I hadn't wasted cash and time on that fool thing and the 3.5ch toy helis in general.

-Don
P.S. (Those Syma 107s were fun to start out with though, I just wish I knew about the Blade 4ch coaxes back then.)
Dont155 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

So i take it the mSR is a dead bird? Meaning HH discontinued it?
Ive let my spare parts bag get low since the better i flew it the less i broke. Now i need to get some cheap spares as imo its a more relaxing indoor flyer than the MSRX.
I need my anxiety medicine after a few flights with the MSRX while indoors.

On the other hand my MCPX is such a handfulll indoors i added up my spare parts and i can build 1.5 spare heli's just out of parts. Its locked down until spring and the outdoors where flying blenders belong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in