Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 02:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what does a ferrite ring do for the ESC?

what does a ferrite ring do for the ESC? im not sure but on my MT i have a glitch problem from my ESC i think, could this be it?
heliaddict22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2008, 03:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They reduce/eliminate noise on the wire. Install them close to the RX to avoid picking up stray EMF after the FR. If you are experiencing glitches - review your cable paths and tray to avoid (minimize) the proximity to belts/gears/motors/esc/servos. I tray to keep wire at least 2-inch from such.
sean911sc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it also depends on whether you're on 72mhz or 2.4ghz. I run spektrum and have no issues on my 600 or 450 without it. That ferrite does help to reduce the amount of noise that gets back from the ESC into the receiver. If you're on 72mhz, i'd keep the ESC and receiver away from each other as much as possible, and use that ferrite to keep noise down.

By the way, you'll want to loop the throttle cable through there several times to maximize the ferrite's effectiveness.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

woops, i thot it was an annoyance, so i kinda broke it off :S...but im running Spektrum and my ESC is FAR away from the Reciever....like other side of heli far....
Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

electrical noise can still interupt signal processing on the receiver. local hobby shops usualy carry ferrite rings if you need to reinstall one. but it might be a pain. you'll most likely have to pull the pins out of the connector and run them through a couple of times and reinstall them. 2.4 ghz has come a long way over the years so interference should be minimal from outside RF noise, however direct contact noise can still show its ugly face at times. my advice is to instal a ring. hope that helps
Old 12-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

or should i just get a new ESC? cuz the ACE RC one isnt that great, and gets pretty hot. but maybe i will just get the ring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in