Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Is a Pyro 600-11 enough for a Logo 500?

A low rpm (1800) 500 with 553 mains. I was thinking the 153 main gear and 13t pinion with full size servos. I was going with a Kontronik 80 hv esc using 4500 batts.
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2016, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Make sure the full size servos are light. IE plastic case, plastic gears. <=45g

Ultimate performance is definitely a set of MKS 9767/9780. Adapters can be 3d printed from ABS and I can e-mail you the STL and a link to an affordable guy who does good work if you're interested.

On paper, the Pyro600 should be superior to the HS/HK3026-1000 (if you could even find one these days) but the Pyro600 also has a few drawbacks. It doesn't have a 30mmxM4 bolt pattern and drilling / retapping the 25mmxM3 to M4 might be a bit sketchy but it is hard to tell how much material is around the bolt holes from their drawing. Also, you'll need to stuff a 5mm shaft into it as it comes with a 6mm. KDE might be able to help you there as many of their motors use a 6mm internal shaft. The 3026 would also need to be drilled / retapped M4 but since I've done it before, I know it is definitely possible and the little motor is surprisingly efficient. It is actually MUCH more efficient than any 4020 or 4025 class around 1100kv but it does limit you to ~1300w max. On my 550 around 1500-1600rpm this isn't a problem at all.

If you decide to go to a larger class of motor, my study has shown the Xnova 4020 class to be the most efficient option but if you're willing to go up to a 4025, they're even more efficient. I've been considering the 4025-560 on 6s and the 4025-670 on 6s. The 560 would be more efficient at low power and the 670 better for slightly higher levels of power. I have an Xera 4025-560 coming in the mail to play with and test. If you go for the Xnova, get a V3 as they now have the 30mm xM4 bolt pattern.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I have a very similarly equipped 500. I am using a Tango 45-10 1070kv motor with a Jazz 55-10-32 controller. I am using full size Spektrum servos and 500mm Switch blades. I did fly it with 550s for a short time but found the system lugged, even using a 3800mAH pack for power. However, I am a sport/scale flyer only so I only do very mild 3D for fun but have used it mainly for autorotation practice. I do fly it at the lowest throttle setting the Jazz will let me for very slow flight and recovery from autos. It is a very light, responsive helicopter but maybe 520's will give it a bit more pop without bogging, however, I am happy with it as it is. Hope this might help.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm thinking I could use brass sleeves on the M3 bolts and washers to mount the motor. The issue would be the pinion. I'm running that motor on a 480 using the 600 pinion and gear. Very smooth. I have Cyclone 505 blades and I'm glad to hear the 500's work.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

If you want to, you can order the 25mm motor mount if yours is the 30mm version. The part number is from Mikado USA 04088 and runs 31 dollars. I am not sure that you could mount a 25mm motor on a 30mm mount but I have heard of it being done the opposite way with limited success. Hope this helps.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2016, 01:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I fly a 600/11 on my Logo 500, and that with 5s, which makes it a nice Friday afternoon machine, and at 5 min I still have over 40% battery left with 5000 batts.
Mind you I'm a 2.5D flyer.
Oh you do want to do the calcs on headspeed you want, as you will be limited in pinions do to the 6mm shaft on the pyro, not sure if mode .7 pinons are available for 6 mm shaft, I actually switched to the mode 1 gears.
Yes you will need the 25mm mount, they used to do a free exchange back when I bought my 500 but that was 4 years ago.
w18604 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in