Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink Done almost

Hey, Scott; Helibuddys; just tightened the last allen screw on my grips, all I need now are MCM's recomended skids that I paid $50.00 for...Gotta love it!! Hope my wife doesn't see this This extended shaft looks sweet The whole thing purrs like a sewing machine, I checked everything step by step to ensure everything was spot on O.K. I can't put it off any longer, guess I'll walk over to my flying room and fly "crash" it I emptied the whole damn room out except a coffee table and my couch.. Alright I'm out of here..Dave It's done,I just finished flying it and it handled as easily as my MCX S300, the lift of the EXtreme blades is amazing. Give it throttle and she goes up in a stable hover.. I love it... The swashplate HAS to be perfecly level, 90 degrees of your shaft 360 degrees around..

Last edited by Skyranger; 06-20-2009 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: add info...
Skyranger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey Helifreaks, What do yall think of a turboace brushless conversion? Since I am attempting to build a scale coaxial blinged performance heli, I need some input. Would better servos and a Dx6i help forward flight against breezy conditions, coupled with brushless conversion which is 37g lighter. Anybody ever try this rig. I have a new, not e-flite UH-60 fuse in the making by mmanrow. Check his fuse work out. Their nice. All input good or bad welcome. Scott
scottdrumfish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Recruiting

HELP WANTED
Pilots to fly scale coaxial helicopters
Pay:
Benefits:Tremendous satisfaction of realistic flight
Pros: Imagination Stimulation
Cons: Still coaxial money pit wanna be collective blade 400
Result: Nice SiKorsky SH-60 Coast Guard Scheme w/lots of Lights
Pictuers by 4th of July or I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCOTT - cx3 pilot
Old 07-02-2009, 02:04 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fuselage

Got fuselage in and shipping people damaged the box and crushed it cracking it up badly so as my luck would have it, i'm delayed for the by 4th of July promise or I quit statement. I e-mailed Mike and I'll let ya''ll know what he says.
Darn, the saga continues.
Bummer. Late, Sick, Crashin out, OVER AND OUT!
Scott
Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Scale gusekage

Well, I'm ready to install mechanics, but I now have an e-Flite JetRanger in blue and silver and its looking more tempting than the SH-60, which was damaged in shipping. Some body help me decide before too late tonight because I promised too finish it--- Projects at home too. However, my mechanics are spot on with no vibration. If I just fly coast guard. Picture, then put it in Jetranger, picture, call it a night($500), go too a party for the 4th and:t humbup:
PS Forget the Extreme light set, use it for a heli picture wall frame. Get some more remote e-flifgt ones I guess, needs a white strobe to compliment nose spotlight.
And it hotter than hell out here in my shop no a/c garage 2 fans, still sweating and need decisions from you guys that have chatted with throughout this attempt to help it be successful for that much money.All welcome comments good or bad, plus need HELP- uploading pictures to the forum. Thanks, Scotthel p
Got Pictures Need Help Uploading Thanks for Everything Guys

Last edited by scottdrumfish; 07-04-2009 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: Pics by end of 4th or I Quit
Old 07-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Uploaded Pictures

Well guys, Here she is, I hope ya'll like it. Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade CX3 Upgraded Extreme Scale Performer 008.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	104575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade CX3 Upgraded Extreme Scale Performer 001.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	104576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade CX3 Upgraded Extreme Scale Performer 003.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	104577  
Old 07-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile YEP

Scott, it's sweet. I am goin to do do a scale like that it really is nice.....good job neighbor...Gulfport and the Bay rock, at least we know that, and the million pilots and A&P's at Keeseler right....Who's got Americas back.....WE do.. Love your bird, don't D & F Buddyro.......
Skyranger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need Opinions Posted

Come on cx2/3 freaks, give me some comments. It flies great for a scale coaxial. I was not super impressed with the Extreme se180 motors. I am considering brushless. I'll wear these out first. This custom fuselage came in damaged, I repaired it somewhat. KRS hobbies still owes me a flybar. Overall, I think its great, just do not crash. It is not as easy to repair as pod and boom set ups. I'm gonna put the stock stuff in the e-flite blue and silver jetranger scheme just to add to the fleet which still does not have a blade 400. It will soon though. Please ya'll tell me what you think. Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade CX3 Upgraded Extreme Scale Performer 004.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	104698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade CX3 Upgraded Extreme Scale Performer 005.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	104699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade CX3 Upgraded Extreme Scale Performer 006.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	104700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade CX3 Upgraded Extreme Scale Performer 002.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	104701  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdrumfish View Post
HELP WANTED
Pilots to fly scale coaxial helicopters
Pay:
Benefits:Tremendous satisfaction of realistic flight
Pros: Imagination Stimulation
Cons: Still coaxial money pit wanna be collective blade 400
Result: Nice SiKorsky SH-60 Coast Guard Scheme w/lots of Lights
Pictuers by 4th of July or I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCOTT - cx3 pilot
Scott

do yourself a favor, and get a trex 450 insted of the B400. yes it will cost more, but it's
10 times the heli. my friends broke almost as much as his cp (crap) pro. trust me. just get the trex when your ready to step up to a collective heli. tons less frustration too. wait till ya snap a tail belt on a 400. 2 hours later it's done while your buddy changed his, and was flying for a hour and a half.

eflite only makes 3 good helis. cx2, cx3, and mcx. PERIOD!!!
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

brushless in a cx3? brushless in a scale bird? scale isn't speed, but looks. hey do what ya want, but if scale is your thing then it's supposed ta fly scale too. ya want speed make it pod, and boom. not many options for a scale fuselage for the cx2/3. i'd love a airwolf fuselage personally. is there one available? i want one for my trex 450 also.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’ll have to somewhat agree with Jerry on this point.
If you want to “fire” up a CX3 or, whatever helicopter for that matter that’s fine but I feel that you should then keep things in perspective when considering scale such as your U.S. Coast Guard. In my opinion the idea of scale is not only its detail in looks but also in its handling as to the chosen scale heli/airplane chosen. The idea of a U.S. Coast Guard helicopter buzzing about like a firefly on amphetamines just does not fit in with that particular type of heli. If you’re going to go scale, keep it real. JMHO

~Phil~

Last edited by Philup; 07-08-2009 at 10:18 PM..
Philup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Break

Come on more power is needed for scale flying because of weight. you guys could do everything your doing with an extended shaft. Admit it LOL! I'm new, crazy, but by far not stupid. Try scale your self, blinged. I'll bet brushless helps if it works right guys. Thats an elementary no brainer. Scott Duh!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by scottdrumfish; 07-08-2009 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: speling get it
Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW...you sure like making use of using those "smilies" don't you!!!

Yes, I suppose some extra power would be needed with a larger body. What brushless motors are you using? I saw some link that someone posted where they are available but I forget at the moment. I do however remember that they were $99.00....forget it and I'm still awaiting further reviews on them as to their advantages and how they hold up. Even then.... still forget it! I've placed enough money into my CX3 and that's it. If I'm going to spend more money on a heli it will be for a single blade but not for sometime yet. Got to move up eventually but one step at a time.

~Phil~

Old 07-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

i take it the jolly green fuselage is just a lexan shell? if so how much more power do ya need to lift the tiny bit more lexan than the stock cx2/3 body. in the upgrades i did on my cx3 i gains a whopping 9 grams of weight. flew just as fast as in the stock version. oh ya i forgot i have a boomtown hobby tail boom on it witch would account for the extra weight of the fuselage.

scale ships don't fly faster than 3D helis (witch is the look of a pod, and boom setup i have for my cx2). scaled down speed would probably fly slower than a stock cx2/3. hey if you want brushless motors by all means get them, but the extra weight of the motors, and 2 esc's isn't going to slow them down much. i still think your going to be flying way faster than a 1:1 jolly green would in scale.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default scale power

Hey, your probably right except for one future thought I just had. The brushless saves 31 grams in weight so if someone comes out with a little stronger than lexan fuselages, I'd have the power to lift the difference in weight and not blow the 3in1. However, I have too many irons in the fire, I'm gonna fly it with the carbon se180's, then put the silver brushes in and see what that does first. If I could find a nice fuselage thats at least strong enough not to crack up in shipping. I mean come on your gonna crash eventually. Would'nt it be nice to have a fuselage that is'nt destroyed in a mild crash. Anyways, I just thought about trying it, but you guys have me wanting a T-Rex. I'm sure theres no comparison from coaxials. However, I like it, and until I can afford to drop it all at once for the real deal, I'm staying here. Scott
Old 07-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

something stronger than lexan on a cx2/3? defiantly save your cash for a trex 450. how's your eye sight? didn't want to ask if your a member of the over the hill gang, but if it's slowly getting worse concider a gaui 550 hurricane. i love mine. plus switch over to A123 batteries if you make the jump to a bigger heli. 15 min charges, they survive crashes better, no fear of them blowing up from over discharge, or starting your house on fire during charge.

oops i drift from the topic. sorry for the hijack.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thread Purpose

Alright Thats all good. I started this thread so we could all upgrade CX2/3's, pod and boom or scale, post some nice pictures, talk about what works and what does'nt and fiy em more than we work on em. Is that even possible? Lets see some pictures guys. Even my 42 year old ass finally got that. Thanks Dave Skyranger. Oh yeah my eyesight is great, Its my mind thats picky about what they see. As far as going collective, I can not wait, but thats probably gonna wait till x-mas. For now lets stick to the thread topic and give these coaxials a little break, cause they certainly did not have these when I was a kid, so get some kids involved. Most will love it. Shaggy and Phil, post some pictues. The guys keeping up will appreciate your experience. Thanks to all of you, I am enjoying this hobby! Please more pictures(some in flight)
Thanks, Scott
Old 07-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

my cx2 hasn't been in the air in a long time, and i do mean a long time. bout a year, or close to it.

not picking on the cx2/3. fantastic bird, but i'm beyond it now, and just cant come to parting with it. same issue with my mcx.

trying to decide on my next heli. thinking of selling my 30 size nitro. i better make up my mind before winter sets in. it will come way too fast
Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still working on mine. It got to TB so I'm working on the flybar and upper grips. A tad bit of looseness in there so I'm sure that's causing it. I'm not talking about the flybar being loose as that is as it should be but there seems to be some play in the upper blade grips and the inner shaft.

By the time I get this sorted out I'll probably want to work on a collective but that will end up being in the winter. Then when I get it finished I'll be pulling my hair out wanting to fly it and having to wait for spring. No problem as I have a lot of more time to spend on the stimulator. Sorry, I mean simulator! The stimulator was last night!

~Phil~

Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Phil

toilet bole effect is usually a bent flybar, or bent shaft.

ya mite want to consider a collective before winter. building it is usually only a day or two. coincider A123 batteries if you go the 450 route. other than stick movement your going to be at square 1 again. the sim is nice, but not as much help as you mite hope starting out with a collective heli.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in