Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios

Hitec Radios Hitec Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 02:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can not get this RX to work on my Robird G31 in PPM mode with my Aurora 9, it works great on my Quad with a APM 2.6 controller, any buddy know why ?
mcfast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2014, 06:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I'm not much since its not a genuine hitec rx but are you using the ppm converter from 3dr for your apm 2.6 if not then should be a simple setting on the robird. Does the robird support ppm and which version of ppm also? I believe there is a few different ppms protocols out there?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Gump View Post
Sorry I'm not much since its not a genuine hitec rx but are you using the ppm converter from 3dr for your apm 2.6 if not then should be a simple setting on the robird. Does the robird support ppm and which version of ppm also? I believe there is a few different ppms protocols out there?

Robird does support ppm from Futaba, JR and I think genuine Hitec, but not form FrSky Minima RX, but it works on the ArduPilot Mega 2.6, I was just wondering if it would work with the FRSKY DELTA-8.
mcfast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2014, 06:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hitec genuine rxs don't have ppm out. That's why the there is the new maxmia 9 fbl which using s-bus protocol. The reason that hitec never went ppm was due to the fact ppm is not a digital signal.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

But sadly the new Maxima 9 fbl has no telemetry and only works on the A9X. What about all of the loyal A9 customers that fly helicopter?
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is telemetry rx I believe in the works as far as I know the old a9 has no memory left for any firmware updates so idk I can't answer that question

Old 03-31-2015, 04:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info been going through the Hitec posts to see if I'm missing out on anything new. This isn't new but I'll have try it with AccuRC and see if it works. AccuRC doesn't work with the maxima SL so this may be an option.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was anybody able to get the FrSky RX to output the ppm signal to a fly bar controller? I have a few of these receivers and tried to get them to work with an Align 3gx (which accepts ppm), but couldn't get it to work.

In the end I bought a DX8 for a great price and use satellites for my 3gx and VBar controllers. Very easy, but I definitely miss the quality feel ofthe Aurora. My DX8 feels like a cheap toy by comparison.
Northwest Helifan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thread is truly a sad commentary about Hitec. I still have my Aurora 9. I loved that radio and would still continue using it today but as my interest in FPV grew the radio was limited. Hitec had no provisions for head tracking, PPM, and SBUS. Their only answer for the head tracking issue was to plunk another $500 on a 9x. Now my Aurora 9 sits on my shelf as a museum piece. Another example is a well made piece of hardware that is obsolete due to mis-engineered software.
Whirligig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is the optima sl that gives you sbus for the old a9. Honestly that is very old radio in terms of market. That was best Hitec could do to give you sbus on a a9
Old 12-09-2016, 07:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This what I'm talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Helifan View Post
Was anybody able to get the FrSky RX to output the ppm signal to a fly bar controller? I have a few of these receivers and tried to get them to work with an Align 3gx (which accepts ppm), but couldn't get it to work.

In the end I bought a DX8 for a great price and use satellites for my 3gx and VBar controllers. Very easy, but I definitely miss the quality feel ofthe Aurora. My DX8 feels like a cheap toy by comparison.
I ditto this.or plus 1
I also have the same problem. As well as 3 Hitec A9's
Bluemoose is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default PPM output

I found this link a couple of days ago, its instructions to reflash a hitec optima receiver to ppm output.

https://github.com/Zero3nna/Optima-PPM

I tried it tonight, and its a success! I used an atmel AVRisp programmer and atmel 7 suite and it worked great. I'll do a range test asap and report back with results. Hopefully I'll have a fully functioning telemetry receiver with ppm output to use with my old A9 TX.

Many thanks to the person who originally coded this. I think its been around for a couple of years but it took me this long to find it. Outstanding work
The_crack_fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got 1.6km range on the ground with the reflashed optima7.
The_crack_fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in