Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Raptor 30 - Futaba 8FG - GY401 - TAIL WAG

New to this radio system and gyro but it seems that any gain setting above 50% causes a very violent tail way. When I was flying with spektrum I was running a gain of 71% and the tail was rock solid.

When I took the gain value down to 43% the tail was solid. However that sort of goes against what I thought I knew. That being, below 50% is Rate Mode. Above 50% is Heading Hold.

Although even at 43% I still have slight tail wag. When it was at 70% it nearly caused me to crash.

What is my next couse of action?
Nologic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Futaba 8FG and GY401

Nologic
It's been a while since I fooled with this radio. ( For a couple of buddies and their heli's).
Correct me if I'm wrong. The settings for a "normal" gyro will be negative numbers and for
"heading hold" would be positive numbers. So being in the 40 ish range would seem
appropriate if not in the 30's for "Heading Hold" The "normal" range setting would also in the low negative numbers. Have you set up the gyro for a "normal" and "heading hold" condition with a switch ? It's also highly advisable , with this gyro, to adjust your tail blade pitch while in normal mode.
I hope this is of some small help
Regards

Here, when wanted
There, when needed
Everywhere, when looked for
LAMAR COOLEY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMAR COOLEY View Post
Nologic
It's been a while since I fooled with this radio. ( For a couple of buddies and their heli's).
Correct me if I'm wrong. The settings for a "normal" gyro will be negative numbers and for
"heading hold" would be positive numbers. So being in the 40 ish range would seem
appropriate if not in the 30's for "Heading Hold" The "normal" range setting would also in the low negative numbers. Have you set up the gyro for a "normal" and "heading hold" condition with a switch ? It's also highly advisable , with this gyro, to adjust your tail blade pitch while in normal mode.
I hope this is of some small help
Regards

I do t care about Rate or Normal Mode. I only like to fly in Heading Hold. Why do I have to take my gain down so far? It's past 50%?

And somehow still in heading hold???
Old 01-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nologic View Post
I do t care about Rate or Normal Mode. I only like to fly in Heading Hold. Why do I have to take my gain down so far? It's past 50%?

And somehow still in heading hold???
You're trying to compare apples to oranges. What is 43% on one brand of radio is obviously what was 71% on the other. There are a lot of differences between radio brands. Some use positive expo to soften the center, while others use negative. Etc., Etc. Don't worry about it, just fly your rappy with 43% gain and enjoy.

Later;

D.W.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Spectrum uses 0 to 100 and futaba uses 0 to -100 and + 0 to 100
usually any setting below +50 is heading hold to 0 find your sweet spot in that range and fly
trex esp 500 fbl
AKPhill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKPhill View Post
Spectrum uses 0 to 100 and futaba uses 0 to -100 and + 0 to 100
usually any setting below +50 is heading hold to 0 find your sweet spot in that range and fly
Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in