Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a son who wants to learn the fly the MSR. He has the flown the MCX. How can I set up the Dx6i so the controls would only go about half of normal. Like the elevator, air, rudder. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapala View Post
I have a son who wants to learn the fly the MSR. He has the flown the MCX. How can I set up the Dx6i so the controls would only go about half of normal. Like the elevator, air, rudder. thanks.
Hi rapala:

You could reduce the Travel Adjust to something like 50%-60% for aileron, elevator and rudder. Another option, which may be better, is to increase the Expo for each of these controls to something like +30 to +50 which will reduce the sensitivity of the sticks around the centre but still have maximum throw at the extremes if needed. I have not tried these type of settings before, and you and your son may want to experiment to find out what works best. Have fun!

-Linac
Old 07-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Any one have good settings for dx7?
Corrari is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Corrari:

Try using the search function or views. However, here is the main thread: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=160720 particularly post #14.

I have suggested in the past my DX6i settings for the DX7 but I have not heard from other pilots if my settings will work for the DX7. Good luck and have fun!

-Linac

Last edited by linac; 07-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: Amended for post #14
linac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I tried this, and got everything except one Item and they seriously screwed up my mSR.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
I tried this, and got everything except one Item and they seriously screwed up my mSR.
Hi lazor:

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems. What is the issue? Is there anything I or others can help out with?

-Linac
Old 07-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My problem was that I could not figure out how to fully do the travel for each one. I was only able to do it one way.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
My problem was that I could not figure out how to fully do the travel for each one. I was only able to do it one way.
Hey lazor:

To adjust each of the direction settings in TRAVEL ADJ for THRO, ELEV, AILE and RUDD, simply move each of the sticks in the desired direction and you will see the arrow move and you will be able to set the value for that direction. Hope that helps!

-Linac
Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got it working, I forgot to switch it out of 120oCCPM and I had a servo reversed. But I don't get how to program 2 ways for each. You had each one with 2 directions.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:34 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by linac View Post
Hey lazor:

To adjust each of the direction settings in TRAVEL ADJ for THRO, ELEV, AILE and RUDD, simply move each of the sticks in the desired direction and you will see the arrow move and you will be able to set the value for that direction. Hope that helps!

-Linac
This is a very good tip because I was completely stumped by this when I first tried to program my dx6i. I eventually figured it out because I messed around with it long enough that I figured it out.

Don't be afraid to explore the menus and try stuff

When I get home I have the daunting task of learning how to set up my dx6i to the new to me trex 450 from kamikazee
feetfats is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Whew, you guys just cleared that up for me, as well. The sticks thing...
Old 07-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, I got all these settings in. Can someone explain to me what each switch does? I get the Gyro switch is the beginner settings when it's up.

What does everything else do for me?

I like the throttle control with these settings, but the aileron/elevator seems slow to react. I've put it into a few walls and find I have to really crank the right stick to save it. I'm afraid I have a switch in the wrong setting or something?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliHugh View Post
OK, I got all these settings in. Can someone explain to me what each switch does? I get the Gyro switch is the beginner settings when it's up.

What does everything else do for me?

I like the throttle control with these settings, but the aileron/elevator seems slow to react. I've put it into a few walls and find I have to really crank the right stick to save it. I'm afraid I have a switch in the wrong setting or something?
Hi HeliHugh:

This is a big question. Have a look at this link: http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Spektrum_DX6i_crib_sheet

The GYRO is always active and set to 100% when in F. Mode. Something may not be set correctly if you have to crank AILE or ELEV. Check that you are in F. Mode for flight. If you feel that aileron/elevator is too slow to react, try decreasing the EXPO to something like -40 to -50 on AILE and -70 to -80 on ELEV. This will make the stick more sensitive around the centre.

Cyclic response can be made better and others (e.g., EQMOD and hydro_pyro) have greatly improved cyclic response through various physical mods. You may also want to consider switching to the advance ball links on the swash or purchasing a third-party "high-performance" swash for better response.

Good luck and have fun!

-Linac

Last edited by linac; 07-07-2010 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Correction to GYRO information.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, I've got the heli responding very well physically. It flew really great with the stock TX and then with the dx6i without setting the adjustments.

I love the resolution, but it's just not twitchy. I'll play around with the settings some more and see what I can figure out.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I love the resolution, but it's just not twitchy. I'll play around with the settings some more and see what I can figure out.
The mSR is not a "twitchy" or "squirrelly" heli - it's quite stable/sedate in stock form. Let us know how your settings work out. Thanks.

-Linac
Old 07-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by linac View Post
The mSR is not a "twitchy" or "squirrelly" heli - it's quite stable/sedate in stock form. Let us know how your settings work out. Thanks.

-Linac
Maybe my choice of words is wrong. With the stock TX, it felt like I could throw it all over the place and save it before it hit the wall. Now it feels too docile. That's why I was worried I set something wrong or didn't flip a switch to the correct position.

So as long as the Gyro switch is down with your settings, then the Ail/Elev are set to full?

125% should actually decrease the resolution, right? I'm pretty sure to make it feel how I like it, I will have to make a change there. I'll try your suggestions for the expo settings and report back.

It does fly amazingly solid with your settings the way it is. I'm afraid maybe I got so used to the stock TX that I need time to adjust or I have to make it feel a little more scary like it does with the stock TX.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Maybe my choice of words is wrong. With the stock TX, it felt like I could throw it all over the place and save it before it hit the wall. Now it feels too docile. That's why I was worried I set something wrong or didn't flip a switch to the correct position.

So as long as the Gyro switch is down with your settings, then the Ail/Elev are set to full?

125% should actually decrease the resolution, right? I'm pretty sure to make it feel how I like it, I will have to make a change there. I'll try your suggestions for the expo settings and report back.

It does fly amazingly solid with your settings the way it is. I'm afraid maybe I got so used to the stock TX that I need time to adjust or I have to make it feel a little more scary like it does with the stock TX.
Hi HeliHugh:

- Try everything out with Gear/Flight mode switch in F. Mode (switch pulled up) not Gear.
- The GYRO switch at 0 or 1 should not make any difference to AILE or ELEV (but I keep my GYRO switch at 1)

- The 125% I believe you are referring to is the TRAVEL ADJUST, not resolution. I do not believe you can change the stick resolution on the Tx. Feel free to ask for clarification on terms which you are not familiar with.
- Check to ensure that you are at least 100% TRAVEL ADJUST in both directions for each of AILE and ELEV.

The settings that I have posted are much more aggressive than the stock Tx - so I would strongly suspect that your Tx has not been set up and/or switched correctly.

Good luck!

-Linac

P.S. - Please take note of my corrections/edits.

Last edited by linac; 07-07-2010 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Correction to Gyro/Gear switches.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I put all expo to -100. It's is great!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, I decided to put in a lot of stick time with your settings, and I'm getting used to it finally. I will start playing with the expo numbers next just to see if I like that better.. but I have to admit, your settings are really good.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WOW, i just flew my msr out side after using these settings, it was going so fast i got it stuck on my roof twice. but once i got the hang of the new settings i was doing banked turns and every thing, well i guess as banked as you can get with this little guy.

with the stock TX every time i got going fast it would just turn sideways and dive bomb straight in the the ground when i would try to turn.

thanks for the settings, they are great. only thing i changed was all my expo to -100 except for the rudder rudder i left the rudder on INH had the rudder set at -100 for a min but it was way to touchy, it would pyro like crazy even if you only looked at the stick lol, that is part of the reason i got it stuck on the roof. hauling ass and the nose spun to much and it took off in the wrong direction while still going what felt like 50 mph i finally damaged something on this little guy, bent the tail blade a little but it bent right back into place and flew again. it did hit the roof quite hard both times. these are definitely tough as nails. what a blast to fly with the dx6i and your settings.

thanks again.

I would say put all your expo to -100 or even -75 except for the rudder. leave that at the suggested setting or set it to INH cant remember what his recommendation was for the rudder but i like it at INH. i think this made his great settings just a little bit better. stick are more touchy witch might make it hard to control for some but i think it reacts faster this way.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in