Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Terrible Weekend

These two helicopters that are worth many many thousand dollars plus many many hours of work were absolutely totaled and smashes into pieces within a 24 hour period.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=364434

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=383815

What happened:

Trex 250:*
So I went upstate NY to do a little shopping in the outlets. brought my two helis with me. About 20 minutes before sunset, I spool up my 250 that was the perfect performer..... She starts dancing around gracefully in the air until until I get distracted by someone's dog that was wandering around in the hills and sprinting strait to me. next thing I know, my beautifull 250 smashes nose firstinto a cement wall, and then falls tail first into cement ground. Not even the servos survived this one.... what a shame! All I kepyt thinking was "at least it was the 250 and not the 700"..... well not for long!

Trex 700:
Less than 20 hours later, Im at a huuuuge field in Long Island, NY by myself. nothing better than being alone in a large field with plenty of packs and just the sound of blades fighting against gravity. I flew 3 packs.... very conservative since I was a bit scared and shaken up about the day before. THAT IS THE MAGIC WORD "SCARED".... I learned to not fly expensive toys while scared. Because Helis are like dogs, they smell the fear and act accordingly. As I was landing to wrap things up, and relief about the accident less session, I lost her in a deep sun (I had sun glasses, but didnt help). I lost orientation and lost control and 100% my fault and amateur skills, I drove her head first to the groud.... most metal upgrades are ok, but the heli needs to be built anew. All parts that are not made of aluminum are gone!

Sad story. I wander if I should go back to flying airplanes and give this up or keep trying!
Nlgravity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlgravity View Post
These two helicopters that are worth many many thousand dollars plus many many hours of work were absolutely totaled and smashes into pieces within a 24 hour period.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=364434

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=383815

What happened:

Trex 250:*
So I went upstate NY to do a little shopping in the outlets. brought my two helis with me. About 20 minutes before sunset, I spool up my 250 that was the perfect performer..... She starts dancing around gracefully in the air until until I get distracted by someone's dog that was wandering around in the hills and sprinting strait to me. next thing I know, my beautifull 250 smashes nose firstinto a cement wall, and then falls tail first into cement ground. Not even the servos survived this one.... what a shame! All I kepyt thinking was "at least it was the 250 and not the 700"..... well not for long!

Trex 700:
Less than 20 hours later, Im at a huuuuge field in Long Island, NY by myself. nothing better than being alone in a large field with plenty of packs and just the sound of blades fighting against gravity. I flew 3 packs.... very conservative since I was a bit scared and shaken up about the day before. THAT IS THE MAGIC WORD "SCARED".... I learned to not fly expensive toys while scared. Because Helis are like dogs, they smell the fear and act accordingly. As I was landing to wrap things up, and relief about the accident less session, I lost her in a deep sun (I had sun glasses, but didnt help). I lost orientation and lost control and 100% my fault and amateur skills, I drove her head first to the groud.... most metal upgrades are ok, but the heli needs to be built anew. All parts that are not made of aluminum are gone!

Sad story. I wander if I should go back to flying airplanes and give this up or keep trying!
Sounds to me like you might have a build fetish. Might want to have a few cheep helis to fly the piss out of to warm up with. The mcpx is good for that. Might be lighter on the wallet. Them were some nice helis. Do you have the old electronics to fix them with? Sad RC story though for sure.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Terrible indeed

I could have used those servos
jfh666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm sorry to hear about your crashes. I had a few minor crashes this weekend. The tail control rod broke on my protos, i tried to bring her down a little and hit TH but still trashed a nice set of edge blades and about 6 parts. Crashed my 450 and mcpx good enough to put both of them out of commission also.

I hope you get them rebuilt even better than before. I know how much it sucks to lose a heli that was flying really nice.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Crappy man. So sorry to hear and I loved your 250
Old 03-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
Crappy man. So sorry to hear and I loved your 250
So I wasn't the only one that had some alone time with the picks of his 250?
Old 03-13-2012, 02:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sorry to hear about your losses, however, there's a few points that can be learnt from this.

1 - Never give up - it's too easy to give up and later you'll kick yourself for not working through it.

2 - Don't fly in public places - the public and their dogs don't understand how distracting their presents can be while we should appreciate the danger these models pose to them.

3 - Don't fly into the sun - the light of the sun will easily over power any navigation or head lights, regardless of their brightness. We always fly with our back to the sun so our models are lit up by the light of the sun, else, we are flying a dark shadow that is so easy to loose orientation of within a moment.

I hope you find the strength to rebuild your models / confidence and look back over these losses as a few points to learnt from for a successful flying future.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Okay - so I went throughmwhat I though were scraps of what used to be my helismand it turns out.... Is not so bad.
All electronics are intact. Even the tp 5000 in series are scratch less.

So I decided to take out the Mks servos and build a 450 instead of 250 since I never fly indoor.

I haven 3gx and servos which is a great start.
What is the latest 450 kit from align? Is it the sport?

I also ordered all new parts for my 700. The kde tail book support upgrade saved me, since it prevents the frame to actually hit the ground directly.

I did wanted to thank all of you for your thoughts and advice. You are great.

I think. Read someone say that I have a build fetish. Well you are 100% right. I might even crash intentialy because my subconscious rather be building than flying.

Thank you all!

Nico
Nlgravity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thats the spirit
Old 03-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 That's why crashing is happy time! Excuse to rebuild

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in