Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 08:52 PM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi all from Michigan

Hello All,

I'm new to RC. I have always been interested in RC, and with helicopters the most. Still in the process of learning all there is to know. Any help will be appreciated. So far I have purchased a 550E v2 and currently building a 550L dominator. Thanks
midniteman9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking New Member From NC

Hello all. Greetings from North Carolina, where if you don't like the weather today............... Just wait till tomorrow. New member but not new to the site. Have found a ton of great info here. Been in the R/C world for about 30 years. My dad flew R/C planes when I was a kid and my first R/C was a Tamyia Grasshopper car. Things went wild from there. Been flying helicopters for about 15 years and currently have 14 in my "hanger". Just getting in to harder 3D and finding out that practice most deff makes perfect. Well.......... Maybe near perfect. Have 1 nitro boat, 1 nitro Traxxas Revo, 3 planes, a DJI Phantom 1, Walkera Tali H500, DJI F550 and a handful of 1s micro's. Thanks to all that post on this site as the information is priceless.
KCCO75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi from Leland NC

Been flying helis for about 2 yrs, rc cars for 20, lost almost all interest in cars when I flew my first heli, I have a cx2' 120sr, msrx, 2 mcpx v2, nano cpx, Nano qx, and a couple protoX's.
Donovan41 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi from Grantham UK.
Flying 200srx and msr x fairly new to this game this is one of my helis
nigel.connor.35 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from Lake of the woods MN.

hello to everybody from the Minnesota and Canadian border. im new to heli world just started flying at x- mas the old lady got me twin blade biaxel copter and a small quad copter both are protocolny , they are cheap but it gave me the bug and I got it bad. went and bought a genius cp v2 in jan been flying inside all winter and now I just bought a V450D03 walkera so im ready for summer. well I hope I didn't bore you all to death bye for now..
smithmk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 08:52 PM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool Newb From Southern Indiana here.

Hello, Fellow HeliFreaks! (warning: Long Winded!)

Very new to the Heli Hobby, but have quite a bit of experience with RC hobby, on the ground since about 1992 or so. I did take about 10 years off though, getting into other things that move. And quite a few things I built in the static world. I'm mostly about anything mechanical and tons of things that are made of plastic. From a couple of 1:1 scale 4x4's to a couple of Camaros and a motorcycle. There was that long stretch where plastic modeling was cheaper (to an extent) than the RC equivalent, but even those are collecting dust now.

In Sept. 2013 for my 40th birthday, against my wife's wishes of course, I bought myself my first RC Bird. A Blade 450 3D, RTF setup, with Spektrum DX6i and... in pieces.

It was a "crash recovery" from a local guy selling it on Craigslist, that I figured was well worth the $200 I paid him. He said he got a "rodeo ride" outta the 450, straight outta the box. About 8 seconds. And crashed it into the ground. He had reassembled it about 98% when I got it, only needing a feathering shaft to make it whole again. All the broken parts had been replaced and he told his buddy had helped with the reassembly. I charged the battery when I got her back together and spooled it up in my driveway soon after. BUT, I never had the courage to lift off. The DX6i was more intimidating than the Syma brand coaxial I had been flying a few months prior to buying the 450.

It has been sitting on my model desk now for 1.5 years. Although I did recently try once more to take flight, only to have it roll over port side and the main blades struck the ground. That's about it for the 450 right now. Until I find a Pro locally that can help me verify she's flight worthy, on the desk she sits.

In the meantime, I have "graduated" from the worn out Syma coax to a Blade MCX2, bound to that same DX6i I got with the 450. That little coax is FUN to fly inside! Especially during the cold months here. I have 5 batteries for it, all E-Flite, with the original 120mAh and 4 more 150mAh ones. So I can enjoy about 30 minutes worth of air time.

Last month, I stepped up even more for a Blade 120SR. Of course it was BNF like the MCX2, because everyone knows extra radios starting out isn't necessary... when the one you have will control so many birds! (that IS of course my opinion) Love the 120, except for the fact I've already "lost" a tail motor, resulting in a canopy cracking crash! But, the LHS got me up & running again with a new tail motor. And, I bought a spare.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the Blade Heli's I have! Even thought the 450 isn't doing anything but collecting dust for now. The 2 smaller birds keep me smiling AND the 120 has let me fly outside, when there's no wind.

I have plans, when I'm a better pilot and when I can get a good larger scaled bird or my 450 earns a Clean Bill of Health, to build a Scale Heli. LOVE the look of the Hughes 500's or Bell 222. (Airwolf!!)

Anyway, enough with the novel. Thank you for all that are here! And thanks for giving me many hours worth of reading from HeliFreaks.

Daniel
aka: Ram_Wagon.

(btw, the user name here is only derived from my user name on a couple of other forums I frequent. It's just easier to remember than using a new name Heli related!)
Ram_Wagon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default new

hello very new to this sport doing mostly sims have 3 heli 4 in route
blade 200 srx,blade 180 cfx,gaui 550 hurricane and finaly hk 500 tt fb in route to swap hurricane elec as hurricane are discontinued and hobby store just sold it to me to learn nice guy hey in from canada kindersley area
ac007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hello from dallas texas

Hey everyone , im Charlie have been flying (crashing ) for about a year now . have learned a lot from the site lots from finless bob and simulator time . Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the help
samuraiflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2015, 11:29 PM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Guy

I am a beginner. I am a beginner to helifreak and to flying rc, I recently bought myself a blade 200qx and a Spektrum dx5e. All was well until I started having some mechanical issues and cant figure out why so I decided to join helifreak in hopes of getting some ideas and input on my situation.
msullie07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #270 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by msullie07 View Post
I am a beginner. I am a beginner to helifreak and to flying rc, I recently bought myself a blade 200qx and a Spektrum dx5e. All was well until I started having some mechanical issues and cant figure out why so I decided to join helifreak in hopes of getting some ideas and input on my situation.
You've come to the right place. Check out the Multirotor section. You'll find a subforum for Blade 200QX discussions.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2015, 02:50 AM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi all from Excel, Alabama

I've been flying my blade450x for about 6 months. I recently purchased a blade 700x can't wait to fly it but I might need some help with the setup.
chopper42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #272 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default jamesra@ptd.net From pa.

I own 200srx blade,v912'v911.the v912 is brushless.hope to find out some good info about some of my problems good day .
jamesra@ptd.net is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #273 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JLC-1

Fairly new to heli building and flying. Better at build than fly.

(2) Blade 200SR, Align 450L Dominator, Blade 550

JLC1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015, 09:57 AM   #274 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello from Fort Lauderdade!

2 weeks ago I purchased a blade 200 Srx RTF .. I already crashed and cut off the plants on the garden and make I lot mess !! Need more much more practice and hope to learn from this amazing forum !! Thanks to give me the opportunity to be a member ..
Have a great day folks !
Edgardcafe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2015, 08:38 AM   #275 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default not a newbie, a trybie. trying to get better from Western Michigan

First, I've been trying to fly helis for a couple years. First one was an esky honeybee v2. It saw more dirt than air. Moved to walker's and on to exi 450. Still have it. And a exi 500. Picked up a hk600gt which is for sale. Now have a 7hv and a 550 ultimate currently getting built. At the level of "sport" flying so far. And simming when time permits. I have a problem. ... helis ..
It's an addiction .
doconeheli2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2015, 09:17 AM   #276 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Pilot

Good Morning Zoltan Virag From Caracas Venezuela couple of years flying Titan 50 Nitro no 3D Stunts but good Solid Flight.
Now setting up a TT 360 FBL with Spektrum DX7 and so far did ok but do not know how to set up Switches for T Hold and Idle Up to begin 3d Flying.
Thank you
Best Regards
zoltanvirag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #277 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Member

Hi

My name is Pete and I am a new member from Clovis Ca
brutus17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #278 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Member

Greetings from Treasure Coast, FL.. Thinking about getting back to helis after long layoff, dusting off some old nitro stuff that flew OK many years ago. May be asking some questions about all the new stuff

Bobby G
bobbyg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #279 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi,,,

i'm from bekasi-west java

nice to meet you all

best regard from indonesia,,
b1683ar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 11:09 PM   #280 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Greetings from Colorado

Rick in Boulder here. Graduating from quads to CP this week, I hope. I've asked my LHS to get a 240 S for me. Wish me luck!
Boulder53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in