Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters

E-Sky Helicopters E-Sky Line - Help each other out!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default need lots of advice with esky hh gyro set up

hi!im a newbie in this hobby.bought a belt cp recently and mod it with the esky HH gyro, futaba FASST system and an ACE for the tail servo.the cyclics are pretty ok so far but the tail keep spinning out of control as i raise the throttle. .....and because of that, frighteningly, the belt cp went out of control and crash onto me! hit my leg...stil having the bruises.as im trying to be more patient with this glitch, somebody pls assist me with the "how-to" so that i can enjoy flying like everyone else..."sigh"
niteflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

have you setup up the tail servo to give correct pitch to the tail blades?

maybe list out the setup you went through and people be able to give you more and better advice on this.
deserteagle168 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle168 View Post
have you setup up the tail servo to give correct pitch to the tail blades?

maybe list out the setup you went through and people be able to give you more and better advice on this.
well..one thing for sure, ive never reali set up helis for real except those on g3!lols
got it rtf and thats it.made a couple parts change to it.
ok...first of all do i need to set my tail servo dead centre?wat do i need to check tail pitch?my current set up for gyro is 80%+-.and one more thing, it drifts to the port side.izit a sign of cyclic error?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

here's a youtube video that shows you the setup process to make sure everythings are right, there isn't really a RTF out of the box. I think there's 6 videos in total.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh30iHwx4GY

see how you get on after that.

it is normal for the HBK2 to drift to the left on take off, the slower you try to take off the more it will drift, have you training gear? that will help you learn much easier.if you fine it hard to lift the heli off the ground completely
try just have it light on the training gear and get used to move it around first, then lift it off more, generally these heli gets more stable a few feet off the ground, but shouldn't be too much problem for 4 to 5 inches, I started off about 1 feet off the ground, I can even hover at 3 inches off the ground when I first removed my training gear, I've only 14th flight so far and flying it up and down between 2 inches to 5 ft off the ground forward and back in control
. once its setup right, you learn a lot quicker, it is a good heli for beginner imo.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks, mate!shall have it setup properly as soon ive my spares.lols
im juz wondering if futaba parts work better with their own brands?like gyro, tail servo?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry for late reply, only thing I can tell you is that the stock esky TX will put HH mode to full gain if you use the TX switch, and that over rides the setting you have on the Gyro itself, for that I am upgrading mine to Futaba as well, and I be getting a 2.4G while I'm at it with a few more channels for some gadgets in the future build of my Trex SE V2 Airwolf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in