Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Frame

So I need a new frame and I was looking at all the options. Which would be the smartest move. Stock or rkh cnc aluminum or microheli cnc aluminum.? I'm looking for looks and strength and proformance if there is any. Cause I don't want to spend $40+ if its going to break.
Thank you

Christian
Orangephoner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangephoner View Post
Cause I don't want to spend $40+ if its going to break.
Thank you

Christian
Then get the stock one

It's $6 and I find it to perform better and is more durable than the aftermarkets.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What are the pros and cons of a aftermarket one?

Christian
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The stock frame is very strong if you get the upgrades from Astroid. The most durable for me has actually been the Xtreme frame though, once I figured out a good boom brace system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0417.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	329135  
motoracer5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

All of the aftermarket frames have bonuses but Rakon is lightest and Ive caused more damage on it when crashing in comparison to the 3 microheli frames I've got/but if you're needing to stay in budget CousinLarry is right about the stocker you can't go wrong you can mod the stock frame up to you're liking with rear A/R bracket plus carbon cage from Astroid Designs..... For me though I am an Addict and need carbon and aluminum to survive!!
Shake and Bake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I'm not worried about the money. I just don't want to keep replacing them is all. So then microheli rakon or xtreme? Which is more durable/ better over all. I to love uprades.

Christian
Old 07-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have Microheli-X frame and Rakon 3mm Boom brace just need Astroid rear MH Frame for this brace. I hear this combo is one of the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 MH frames and 1 xtreme frame and I have been happy with all 3. The only complaint I have about the frames would be the plastic boom blocks. I have upgraded the MH frames to alum and just ordered the xtreme alum boom mount. With the alum boom mount the MH frame is pretty good but for the money I would buy another xtreme frame and upgrade to the alum boom mount.

A few pros to the xtreme frame would be the motor plate is alum. Also the canopy pins on the xtreme frame are almost bulletproof. I have had several hard crashes and have not broken them yet. The MH frame uses 1.5 mm carbon rod for the pins which you could cut your self.

A few cons would be the xtreme frames AR guild is kinda weak. It uses one screw to hold it in place. I broke mine and ended up modding one from asteroid with a dremmel, some thread and CA and it has flown fine with several hard crashes. I dont like either landing gear mount but I Dislike the extreme one less. The MH frames uses 1 plastic mount and a alum one. The MH frames uses 2 screws to secure the gear in place where the xtreme frame is just a push in system like the stock frame. I've broken the gear pins in the MH frame and had a bit of a hard time getting them back out.

Just my opinion, Hope it helps. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
MCPX BL(#1 V1 Hp05s/120SR tail, V1 C05m/Dual coreless tail)
Nano cpx stock
Trex 450 Pro, Spektrum Dx6i, Phoenix
tommy217xxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

As the come out of the package I would say the MicroHeli is most durable. It also comes with rear AR and 3mm boom mount, nice for doing more powerful builds. Still breaks rear frames sides with certain impacts though. I also can not get a Hp08 in and out with taking off a front frame side.

I have not broken the Xtreme since I put on the boom mount as shown, it also makes the tail VERY stiff with the plastic mount. I have been beating that frame indoors practising inverted orientations in my somewhat small living room. I have crashed 50+ times and nothing has broken. Before the boom support I had broken 4 frame sides. This frame will end up costing more than the MH if you want all the same features as the MH X frame (3mm boom and rear AR)
motoracer5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another recent same subject thread here

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=430556

IMO a reinforced OEM frame is the best. Visit the mCPX Bible and find links to moding the OEM frame. I use Astoid Designs CF Lower Frame Brace for BL mods. some 1 mm . CF rod ,Spyder Wire (fishing line) thin CA and my frames can take a real beating. The one I am flying had only one remauing body post when I modifeied it for a brushless etup. It now has over 100 BL flights and numerious crashes into grass and is still in great shape.

Last edited by everydayflyer; 07-04-2012 at 01:40 PM..
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have used all 4 frames, so I think I can offer a fair opinion.
*All of the frames, except stock, were provided to me by the manufacturer for the purpose of review/ evaluation.

A reinforced stock frame is perfectly fine and the cheapest.

The V2 Rakon frame has no rear A/R guide, has really thin CF up front and for the motor plate, but does have the best boom block and rear.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQfBwhteyRk[/ame]

The MicroHeli frame is nice all around and for me is right in the middle, just all around good, except the delrin boom block stinks, I'd get adapters from Astroid-Designs so the RKH boom block could be used.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBO1C9Zxxdo[/ame]

The Xtreme frame is also good. The canopy posts are nearly bullet proof (I never broke one, or any piece of it for that matter), the motor mount is metal, aluminum boom blocks (2 & 3mm) are now available (never had an issue with the stock one, but only comes in 2mm), and a rear A/R guide option is now available too. The frame is also the most open, so installing the servos is easy.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEdaJLpUpn0[/ame]
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in