Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2021, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dx6e Setup

Does anybody have a Dx6e setup list for a blade 4503D. Just starting out.
Morand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2021, 07:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 4503D is a flybar/paddle model which means you have to have your own servo settings (Subtrim, min, max) for all three cyclic servos = 9 settings.

Every model is slightly different so it is best to just learn how to setup a collective pitch heli.

The CCPM mixing values from the Blade manual were too high for my personal taste and above 6° cyclic pitch when I measured.
Use a pitch gauge!

You also should use CH6 collective pitch subtrim for zero pitch for the later fine-tuning once your mechanical head setup is OK and you're only off ~1-4 clicks.

It is a tremendous advantage if you can ask a LHS for help or go to a club.
Basically you need someone on your side for the first steps and to do the programming or fine-tuning.

Don't forget that an experienced flyer first needs to trim nick/roll while hovering, if it will drift or pitch up (elev up) after curves.

You can't do this on your own if you have never flown any micro CP helis before.

First you need to get a good mechanical setup (cyclic servo horns 90 degree to the push rods, swashplate leveling, blade tracking, zero pitch at mid stick,...).

Don't forget to balance the CG of the main blades both static and dynamic, else you'll get vibrations especially with the wood blades.

On my 4503D second wood pair the CG of both blades was totally off and didn't match so I got pretty bad vibrations and the alu rotor head wobbled.
Later I used Align blades.

Better I repeat it once again:
You can't fly the setup of someone else on your paddle heli!

Will only work for basics like fixed throttle curve, fine-tuned pitch curves, DualRate, etc.

You can find all those settings as suggestions in the 4503D manual.

You need an experienced heli flyer to maiden your flybar heli and trim nick/roll while hovering and first 1-2 lipos round flight (8).
Only then you can take it over.

PS: The Eflite Mems G210 gyro is quite tricky and there are better ones so you don't lose your nerves.
Either it drifted, gave me a tail wag, and the next flight pack it went left instead of drifting right.
Suddenly it was OK and I could fly. No idea.
Better install another newer gyro which allows subtrim for 90° servo horn to tail push rod.

Make sure your belt has the right strength. Don't overtighten it!!!
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in