Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't want to attempt to fly the 130 inside either...especially at your level. 130x is a monster for its size.

And read up on the nano before you decide. You can get the brushless motor plug and play for 50 bucks i think. Stock motors run around 10. I don't get me wrong it's a great heli but the motor problem is a fact. 95% of people complain about the motor. So if you think you can install a bl motor and your ok with that then the nano would be a good heli. Just do yourself a favor and order extra motors when you order the heli.

Most people that get the 130x are big time 3rd flyers and love doing the lightning fast bouncing around. If you've ever tried to track a small nimble fly to swat it that's pretty much how the 130x flies.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
TrAuMaChAsER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrAuMaChAsER View Post
I don't get me wrong it's a great heli but the motor problem is a fact. 95% of people complain about the motor. (...) Just do yourself a favor and order extra motors when you order the heli.
Ok. when it's time I'll buy the Nano CP X, 1 stock motor and 1 BL motor! XD That'll help to learn the basics of the 3D fly!
Loku is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loku View Post
And all have been very helpful!

Just wanted to know the difference between the 130 X and the mCP X BL.

The Nano CP X will be my 1rst CP because it's powerful and durable, plus is the cheapest CP!
Xeno is right, you've been asking a LOT about the same thing. Seems like every other day you come up with a new "first" heli to try out. Then come up with a new 6 month plan for your next 3 or 4 helis to buy. I've seen 3 or 4 "plans" from you, all of which seem totally reasonable.

Bottom line is to just get one of them and fly the crap out of it. Fly it until it starts becoming "easy" to fly, then worry about what you want to move up to next. By then, there might be 10 new helis from various brands that weren't available before.

Again, just fly the crap out of whatever you buy, and remember to have a good time.

Blade 450x V2, Nano CPx, 120SR, mCX2, Scout, DX6i. Just assume I have others, I probably won't update this every time I get a new heli... ;-)
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandt View Post
Xeno is right, you've been asking a LOT about the same thing.
+1 The only thing that I need it's buy and fly! Tks to all!

Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^ Agreed. Just buy one already. Whatever you chose, you will have some crashes, repairs and learning to do. Even the FP helis will take a bit of learning. One of my suggestions would be to skip the nCPX for a first CP heli and go with something a bit more stable. The nCPX is like a heli on 'crack' it is super agile and not stable at all. You may benefit from something a bit larger with some more stability. My first CP was the mCPX and loved it. As a first CP heli, you will not need brushless no matter what the masses want. A brushed CP heli is plenty for a first model.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Once I got hooked on this hobby by a $25 Syma coax, I ran over to the LHS and bought a DX8 and an mCPX v2. The DX8 was a great investment, but the mCPX2 was way beyond my skill level. I tried to steer it like a coax, which was a total disaster. I can only say good things about the durability of the mCPX, as I put it through some torture before I finally learned how to fly it properly and it still works great. I backed off to an mCX2 (much more my speed at the time), a CX2, and a little simulator time before going back to the mCPX.

Now that I've started playing with quads, I'd strongly recommend a quad as a learning tool if you don't like simulators (like me). Something like a Nano QX can start off flying very easily like an mCX2 but can also grow with you to handle more like a "real" heli. I love the mQX (now discontined; replaced by 180QX) along with the mCPX2 for indoor flying. The mQX doesn't have any SAFE or stability modes; it's like a Nano QX or 180QX in agility mode.

So anyway, go out and grab something and have fun! My point is just that jumping into CP from square one is a big deal and may not be very successful at first.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr View Post
Go out and grab something and have fun! My point is just that jumping into CP from square one is a big deal and may not be very successful at first.
+1 Fun 1rst!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a reason why I said get a 450x.

The MCPX BL and 130x don't crash very well, they are far more twitchy, far harder to learn how to fly. But neither of them are good for a beginner.

I've had two crashes and a tail boom strike on my 450x out of somewhere between 125-150 flights. 3 of my MCPX BL crashes cost more to fix. Granted a lot of crashes on the BL didn't cost anything. The 130x, a crash isn't all that expensive but a rebuild and troubleshooting issues caused by a crash can cost you a few good hours on the bench. The 450x is far easier to troubleshoot, easier to work on, far more stable in flight, can be seen much further out and has some of that hang time that makes flying a lot more fun.

The nano is great... I could flip, loop and fff circiuts with ease... but the fact it's so small makes you push it that much harder... because it's much more toy-like that you just tend to crash a lot more. At least that was my tendency... to be a lot more reckless because what can it harm?

Almost everyone is telling you to get a NQX because you can't really hurt it if you crash and you will learn your orientations.

If you don't have your orientations down on a nano cpx, expect to crash and buy a bunch of spare parts... feathering shafts at $5.99 each, skids at $5.49 each, you'll want a solid main shaft... that's about $10, a solid tail boom (you need to do that yourself... you need two OEM tail booms to make one solid one... a motor needs to be cut from one frame and the mount from another). Also expect to shred canopies and canopy pins, so you'll be replacing frames too.

And if you don't know your orientations or aren't good with throttle hold, you will eventually kill a board. So that's $65 for a new one or a week or two not flying waiting for one to come back from Megas.

I purposely used the NCPX as a sim mostly over asphalt and concrete... so I knew exactly what I was doing... but it wasn't cheap at all. It's great once you stop crashing, but if you're just getting one to learn CP and want a NCPX, practice only over grass and practice your TH skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loku View Post
+1 Money 1rst!
Fixed it for you!
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
Fixed it for you!
Saving for the 200 SR X! XD
Old 02-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Xenophope- pretty much summed it up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
TrAuMaChAsER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol
Old 02-03-2014, 07:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whether you like quads or not the Nano QX is your best option to start on. Learn orientations and basic movement with it then step up to a Nano CPX or mCPX to start learning collective pitch. You're even better off if you pick up a sim and start practicing right away.

Seriously, go look at the dozen other threads asking for a "1st heli" recommendation and they all point to the Nano QX - https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=596233
Aerial pics at http://foosyou.imgur.com
FoosYou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

NQX is really the best trainer... because it's not slow and stupid like the MCX2 or MSR... it's predictable, unlike an MSRX, but it's also fast and can fly in mild wind, so it's a blast outdoors too. And if you crash, the most you'll need to do is use your second set of blades that come with it. They take a lot of abuse. The frame will end up cracking and the motors will start dying, but up until that point, you won't have to spend anything more to keep it flying... and with that much abuse, you'll have spent a couple hundred extra in parts for your NCPX.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

It really doesn't matter what you get, a week later you'll want another one. This hobby is like pringles, once you pop you can't stop. And let me tell you as you go bigger crashes cost more but happen less. Just get something and let us know how you on the maiden.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryv83 View Post
And let me tell you as you go bigger crashes cost more but happen less. Just get something and let us know how you on the maiden.
200 SR X to a 300 CFX!
Dead Helis: WL v911 v2
Old 02-04-2014, 02:51 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

But that's over a month no flying, oh boy I would go crazy
Old 02-04-2014, 04:32 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sorry Folks! Helis info pls!!!

I wouldn't recommend going that route at all but I'm sure you'll make a hobby shop very happy with your replacement parts purchases if you do.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:59 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure it'll be fine the 200srx has safe mode. Don't know about the CFX though that's probably not a good idea but who knows, Kid might be a natural and really pick it up fast. I learned the hard way with a Honey bee king, so at least with today's tech noobs have a head start on us seasoned flyers, I would recommend getting something small first that can be flown inside in controlled conditions, doesn't matter what be it a Mcx maybe even a scout just to get a feel for flying, just remember your very first flight WILL go bad so any way to make it cost less is recommend. I know this is a long winded post but even SAFE can only do so much and without any prior stick time you will make a mistake, in which make sure you video your maiden so if the panic mode really works in real world situations we can all witness it and give HH the they deserve.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:32 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryv83 View Post
I'm sure it'll be fine the 200srx has safe mode. Don't know about the CFX though that's probably not a good idea but who knows, Kid might be a natural and really pick it up fast. I learned the hard way with a Honey bee king, so at least with today's tech noobs have a head start on us seasoned flyers, I would recommend getting something small first that can be flown inside in controlled conditions, doesn't matter what be it a Mcx maybe even a scout just to get a feel for flying, just remember your very first flight WILL go bad so any way to make it cost less is recommend. I know this is a long winded post but even SAFE can only do so much and without any prior stick time you will make a mistake, in which make sure you video your maiden so if the panic mode really works in real world situations we can all witness it and give HH the they deserve.
You're right that SAFE mode on the 200SRX is a huge advantage and I totally agree that it sounds like a good choice for someone pretty new to the hobby but I just don't feel it's a great choice for someone's first helicopter. Even with SAFE mode crashes are inevitable and they're going to be much more expensive than the Nano QX.

If he's looking to blow money... get the Nano QX, DX6i and a sim now to get started and pick up the 200SRX when it releases.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I can, I'll do the best transition:

FP FLYBAR (mSR) - FP FLYBARLESS (200 SR X) - CP FLYBARLESS (300 CFX maybe)

Quads? Maybe in a future!
Dead Helis: WL v911 v2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in