Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 425

Hurricane 425 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 425

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionsx00 View Post
Empire rc is in aj, and they don't sell to the public
nation hobbys in mesa is where to go, baseline and elseworth
off the us 60, don't know about the one way gear, might wana just get the vxb one way bearing, gaui ones are failing left and right, you will need a way to press it out, and the new one in, its on a post in here.
You are correct. I believe that byron gets his orders from nation hobbies which is in Mesa through the Empire website. I think thats where i got confused.
KRYPTO316 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 02:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just make sure to go to the one off the us 60, the other store sucks.
there is one guy there who flys helis, been there a while now. But he is the biggest dick I ever talked to, every other word out of his mouth is" I don't know" he does know but refuses to help you out, I call ahead and he says he does have the part I show up and its the wrong part, then he will sit there and argue with you about what you said over the phone. Told me he can't order parts only the baseline store can, but the other store said he can, also said he can't look up parts on his computer, and the other store told me they have the same system, anything they can look up, he can.
I mean he just flat out refuses to help me period.

He has lost that store so many sales from me, my 255, countless batterys, recievers, crap load of sr parts, a couple planes, when I bought my dx8 there (only store in phx with one) he called me a pain in the ass for asking if it came with a lipo .

I know im ranting on and on, but its like 5 min away, and they carry gaui,
but I have to drive 30 min to the other store because of him

I just like to ask a few questions before I buy, but he cops a bad additude and I walk out drive down to hobby action and buy from them.

Last edited by fusionsx00; 01-29-2011 at 03:55 AM..
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Reminds me of Hobby Bench, the guys that don't know much about R/C aircraft are pretty cool. The one's that have the experience don't want to waste their time with you, even though that's why they get paid. The 43rd and Bell Hobby Bench is mostly planks and cars with deep ties in the planker clubs like AMPS (AMPS hates helis). I'm forced to either buy online, or buy from Duncan's. Byron primarily carries Align, though lately (within the last year or so) he's carrying a lot more of the Horizon aircraft products (sr, msr, sr120's). I got my X9303 from him.

I believe Byron orders his Gaui through Empire though. All e RC is pretty fast since they are in the area as well. I'll place an order in the morning and I'll get it the next day. Plus they show at the Phoenix EFF. You can do a mad parts grab then. I'm hoping they have an X4 kit by March.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on the one ways fusion, I ordered a few.

@Krypto sure man, I've been thinking of going over to CCV and asking if I can use their soccer fields when they aren't on them. So I can fly my nitro. Who know's maybe start a small club there. If not there are plenty of empty places to fly. Just have to scout it out. I've looked at that "park" in the wash just south of Bell on 75th. I never see anyone there.
Doozer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionsx00 View Post
Just make sure to go to the one off the us 60, the other store sucks.
there is one guy there who flys helis, been there a while now. But he is the biggest dick I ever talked to, every other word out of his mouth is" I don't know" he does know but refuses to help you out, I call ahead and he says he does have the part I show up and its the wrong part, then he will sit there and argue with you about what you said over the phone. Told me he can't order parts only the baseline store can, but the other store said he can, also said he can't look up parts on his computer, and the other store told me they have the same system, anything they can look up, he can.
I mean he just flat out refuses to help me period.

He has lost that store so many sales from me, my 255, countless batterys, recievers, crap load of sr parts, a couple planes, when I bought my dx8 there (only store in phx with one) he called me a pain in the ass for asking if it came with a lipo .

I know im ranting on and on, but its like 5 min away, and they carry gaui,
but I have to drive 30 min to the other store because of him

I just like to ask a few questions before I buy, but he cops a bad additude and I walk out drive down to hobby action and buy from them.
Thanks for the tip. I will try not to go to that store. I will no shop or support a hobby shop if the people arent willing to help you. Duncans are great at customer service for planks or helis.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
Reminds me of Hobby Bench, the guys that don't know much about R/C aircraft are pretty cool. The one's that have the experience don't want to waste their time with you, even though that's why they get paid. The 43rd and Bell Hobby Bench is mostly planks and cars with deep ties in the planker clubs like AMPS (AMPS hates helis). I'm forced to either buy online, or buy from Duncan's. Byron primarily carries Align, though lately (within the last year or so) he's carrying a lot more of the Horizon aircraft products (sr, msr, sr120's). I got my X9303 from him.

I believe Byron orders his Gaui through Empire though. All e RC is pretty fast since they are in the area as well. I'll place an order in the morning and I'll get it the next day. Plus they show at the Phoenix EFF. You can do a mad parts grab then. I'm hoping they have an X4 kit by March.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on the one ways fusion, I ordered a few.

@Krypto sure man, I've been thinking of going over to CCV and asking if I can use their soccer fields when they aren't on them. So I can fly my nitro. Who know's maybe start a small club there. If not there are plenty of empty places to fly. Just have to scout it out. I've looked at that "park" in the wash just south of Bell on 75th. I never see anyone there.
When i have time i have been flying on the sw corner of 19th ave and bell in the open field just west of 19th ave.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,
Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread, but since the offset was mentioned, I figured I'd ask here instead of starting another thread.
Can you expert 425 flyers have a look at my pic. I picked up this heli from a local fellow, the only servo horn that came with it was the elevator one, I have installed my servos and am now trying to put the linkages on, what I see is that on the aileron and pitch arms, he had the ball on the top of the belcrank and not on the lower hole following the line. Is that because he has made up the elevator control horn a different way? Should I just level the swashplate and drill holes on the wheel where it is? I have temporarily put the balls on the aileron servo to take the pic.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04168.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	208527  
rcpilot98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 02:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot98 View Post
Hi Guys,
Can you expert 425 flyers have a look at my pic. I picked up this heli from a local fellow, the only servo horn that came with it was the elevator one, I have installed my servos and am now trying to put the linkages on, what I see is that on the aileron and pitch arms, he had the ball on the top of the belcrank and not on the lower hole following the line. Is that because he has made up the elevator control horn a different way? Should I just level the swashplate and drill holes on the wheel where it is? I have temporarily put the balls on the aileron servo to take the pic.
Thanks
It is probably because he did not understand what he was doing - you need to either move the ball on the aileron and use the correct offset or use the CNC arms and keep them straight across. The elevator could be using something like this http://www.readyheli.com/CHP-G010-Cu...0_p_32267.html
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

How does it look now??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC04175.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	208938  
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
HF MR Support

....Looks good to me on that side!
PT
Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

That looks much more like it
Old 02-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys, here is the other side.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC04176.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	208970  
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 02-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys for the help, can't wait to get it in the air.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in