Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRPY View Post
Is it possible to still buy a Black Edition Pyro? The Red is underwhelming, the Black is supposed to be better?

Looks like it's still available :

http://www.kontronik.com/index.php?o...id=181&lang=en
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRPY View Post
Is it possible to still buy a Black Edition Pyro? The Red is underwhelming, the Black is supposed to be better?
From the German Kontronik site. The Black Edition appears to be available as a drive set only, Motor and ESC packaged together. 995 euros
Here's the web page:

http://www.kontronik.com/index.php?o...id=194&lang=en

Been thinking about this myself.....Note: It is not listed as an order option on Kontronik USA site.......

I seem to remember reading in the winding forum, GMAURO expressing the fact that the standard 700-52 can be rewound to a more powerful spec. than the Black Edition. Aparently this is achieved by using 1.32 mm wire and YY winding configuration VS's the 1.4 mm wire and D winding configuration used on the B.E., more torque I think, so there are other cheaper options available to us.......

Mike

Last edited by Mojak; 06-08-2012 at 09:02 PM..
Mojak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hard to find people to rewind a motor for you. Seems like most of the rewinders are in Europe. I'm attempting to have slowflyworld.de rewind my Pyro. We'll see how that turns out. Shipping to Europe is expensive, and the language barrier is tough. Not sure I want to try doing it myself. Might end up as the only option though.
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

A little OT, but I put a Pyro 700-52 in my 7HV and am shocked at how powerful the Heli is with that little motor in it. I'm loving the Pyro!

I'm currently motor shopping for either a TDR or Diabolo and keep coming back to the pyro.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think slowflyworld setups sells already hot wired, so you don't have to send back and forth
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hard to tell from the website. I sent an email and he (Michael Lambertus) told me to send the motor to him.
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Xera 4035 2.5y 480 was recommended to me by someone also flying the BE Pyro. He mentioned the Xera had a bit more power and although a little heavier had 3 bearings ran super smooth and still running on the same bearings after hundreds of flights. The Pyro has smaller bearings that needs to be changed more from what I gather...
Anyone with personal experience with both able to chime in?
amb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have that motor in the Diabolo atm, very happy with it. Planning to put a 4525 Ult. in Diabolo (will have to buy one first...), and will then put the Xera in the TDR, with 15T pinion, Gmauro mount and no CB...
It's not crazy power, but feels stronger than Pyro.
Similar setup in both birds, except motors, usually about 30 sec- 1min shorter flights with Diabolo,
Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb1 View Post
The Xera 4035 2.5y 480 was recommended to me by someone also flying the BE Pyro. He mentioned the Xera had a bit more power and although a little heavier had 3 bearings ran super smooth and still running on the same bearings after hundreds of flights. The Pyro has smaller bearings that needs to be changed more from what I gather...
Anyone with personal experience with both able to chime in?
No way that can be true, he must have ran wrong headroom in gov or something, xera 4530 maybe close yes but not the 40. It's true that pyro has thinner shaft, running counterbearing compulsory imop, but pyro has better fan concept than xera, however you can always get the better xera, quantum 4530 with the pyro fan!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to clear things up I was the guy that told amb1 that the 4035 made more power than the reg pyro and the BE pyro made more than the 4035 I may have confused him. There all nice motorsI think its all about what each pilot wants FT, power , weight, lower temps etc.
Magneto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, hey, hey,
I am running the X-era 4035 /480 too on my TDR-700.
15T pinion. Nice headroom.
Perfectly smooth, never changed the bearings in about 150 flights.
During ambient temperature of 30C the X-era comes back after a flight at about 65 to 70C.
Imho the most undervalued motor. . .
Old 06-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Woops

Thanks for clarifying Magneto, got it reversed. Anyway, couple good validations for the 4035 2.5y here.
Personally, I don't like the idea of changing bearings more frequently.
Another factor for me is that in flight vids the Pyro seems to make a more high pitched whine (smaller bearings?) so last thing I'm wondering about is which one sounds the best...?
The Scorp 4525 UE sounded better than Xera 4530 in a couple Diabolo videos.
Anyone able to weigh in on favorite motor sounds or does anyone care about that...?
amb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the 4035-HKII sounds a little strange, it sounds like two whinings at the same time. See below. Btw, this motor was really great for low price, 180 Euro (runs quite warm though)

YGE 120HV vbar gov (0 min 33 sec)
Old 06-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pyro 700 sounds clearly best, Hacker Turnado and Xera 4530 are noisy (unpleasant high sound), Scorpion is somewhere in middle, little closer to Pyro than to Xera or Hacker.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojak View Post
I seem to remember reading in the winding forum, GMAURO expressing the fact that the standard 700-52 can be rewound to a more powerful spec. than the Black Edition. Aparently this is achieved by using 1.32 mm wire and YY winding configuration VS's the 1.4 mm wire and D winding configuration used on the B.E., more torque I think, so there are other cheaper options available to us.......

Mike

BE is D wound? I have this set but didn't realize this, from what I understood HJ didn't like D wind and perferred YY. If running D wind you should run KSA also, do I need to reprogram my HJ?
KidHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

no you're good std mode, b/e is d but has been tested and ok'd by kontronik so you are fine
Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Xera 4530 is D too and dont have any issues with Helijive. I used this combo and everything worked fine. No KSA mode.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's more a problem with thick single wire and short fat stators are worse
Old 06-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
It's more a problem with thick single wire and short fat stators are worse
Okay I didn't know that. I do remember that my BE has 2 wires per connection wire. So all the scorp motors have a thick single wire which causes the issue, why is that? Sorry just curious and trying to learn. Do the thick wires carry interface from the motor more than the way the BE is wound.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
KidHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it has 2 per connection it's dd so delta in pairs, same as yy is star in pairs, that may be why it doesn't cause problems with jive. they probably choose dd to get correct kv btw, all new scorpions le versions are yy so 2 wires per connection. powercroco explained the reasons for yy being better for esc in the scorpion forum under 4525 ultimate (to lazy to go search for it)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in