Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thank you
I did find a white canopy for the b400 and ordered it.
lowwing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine2501 View Post
Local Hobby Shop - among other things:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/Slang/LHS.html

You can get special "plastic primer" which will make any plastic into a nice paintable surface... I don't think it's worth it personally - canopies seem somewhat 'disposable' to me at this stage in my flying, so the last thing I want is one that I spent some time on. This lets me be original without taking that risk.

I thought you might be interested in this.

http://www.decalgear.com/DG/Product.asp?ProdCode=62201
lowwing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

you need to look up the manual for the blade 400 plug in play manual it has all the stock settings in iy as it does not come with a transmitter.
whirly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #64 (permalink)

who ya callin a dummie shure i'm only 13 but i know a little bit about helies
brushless daughter2401 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2009, 06:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Head shake!

OK so I have just checked a few things on my new blade 400 right out of the box, turns out that the blade pitch was out and the tracking as well. so I went through the steps to set up the blade pitch with poor results ( with everything at half way on the sticks and the idle up switch in position one I can get zero on both blades) but checking the pitch I get +10 , -8 so thats wrong I suppose?
So I strapped it down on my bench spun it up to a little more than half throttle and the red blade was a little high, so I adjusted it and then got it to track right but while spinning up the heli the thing would shake like crazy while it was spooling up. whats going on ?

P.S I have a flight sim and can fly like crazy, inverted , fly back and forth blah blah blah.
plus I've tried to fly the b400 with training sticks with balls as soon as it lifted off it started to tip.

Cheers
Brian T
rz500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When you first spool up, the blades usually aren't straight, and you'll get some vibration. You can reduce this by grabbing them at the tips and tugging outward, but it won't be perfect and will still shake a little when you start up. If it shakes a lot, or if it continues to shake, then you may need to balance the blades.
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jasmine,

Yes this I do understand but it seems to do it every time after while still being on the bench. and only after I've done the above mentioned adjustments.

Brian
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

how tight do you have the blades.
How much does it tip? The 400 leans while hovering. I always thought it was tipping until I got the guts to throttle some more and get it up.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As you throttle down, the blades get out of place again due to coriolis force and momentum. It is nothing to worry about as long as it doesn't continue - the helicopter should be smooth at low RPM - to test, spool it up high, then slowly back off the throttle and allow it to spin at a slow speed - it should be stable. Blades should not be tight in the grips. They should be tight enough so if you hold the helicopter sideways, the blades will stay out, until you shake it a little bit, then they should fall.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey,

The blades are set from the factory and they are just right according to what I have read on the forums. like they are just stiff enough that when you move with your fingers they move easily enough but stay where you leave them

Brian
Old 01-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz500 View Post
Hey,

The blades are set from the factory and they are just right according to what I have read on the forums. like they are just stiff enough that when you move with your fingers they move easily enough but stay where you leave them

Brian
Nothing is set up right from the factory. This is the myth of "RTF"
Old 01-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine2501 View Post
Nothing is set up right from the factory. This is the myth of "RTF"

And thats what really sucks for someone wanting to get into the hobby . I have some local forums that I'll post to as well maybe someone there could meet me at the field and check it out for me.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah I started a thread about that a while back... but it kind of died, because we all kinda know the issue already. RTF gets people in that otherwise wouldn't, but you get screwed thinking that it really is ready to fly. I prefer the term "fully assembled"
Old 01-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well said,

Although I'm no noobie and have scratch built and flown electric balsa planes, I have also bought a few foam kits too. So this was I feel the next step for me. So yes set up is everything.

I'll keep posting with my progress.

Cheers
Brian
Old 01-05-2009, 02:52 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

What about expo?

does anyone have a setting for noobies to help hover ? to go along with the factory settings.

Thanks
Brian
Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
What about expo?

does anyone have a setting for noobies to help hover ? to go along with the factory settings.

Thanks
Brian
Nobody can tell you what amount will be right for you. It is important to know that too much is just as bad as none, so if it starts feeling non-responsive, back off a bit. Otherwise just try 20% to start with and go from there - adjust to your own taste.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Another dumb question....

Ok so do I understand this right...........that if I program.........um let's say three different models into my dx6i ,like one plane and two heli's, I would have to everytime I want to change models I have re-bind the receiver every single time?

Thanks
Brian
Old 01-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok so do I understand this right...........that if I program.........um let's say three different models into my dx6i ,like one plane and two heli's, I would have to everytime I want to change models I have re-bind the receiver every single time?

Thanks
Brian
no
just chane models before u fly the next one
once the TX is binded to a RX of a certain saved model itwill retain the info

like my 2 helis

start TX select model
b400
i turn TX off them back on before i plug batt in not sure if that needed but seems to work with out fail

then fly

then when u switch models do that same thing
sokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK,

I think what I'm doing is the factory settings are what they are, so I made another B400 model (model 2 ) with different settings in that one. so when I loaded that one there was no beep beep and no control, so I did the binding thing and then it worked but going back to the original BLADE400 setting ........nothing no beeps, no control.
so that would be wrong???

Brian T
Old 01-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
OK,

I think what I'm doing is the factory settings are what they are, so I made another B400 model (model 2 ) with different settings in that one. so when I loaded that one there was no beep beep and no control, so I did the binding thing and then it worked but going back to the original BLADE400 setting ........nothing no beeps, no control.
so that would be wrong???

Brian T
Yeah if you want to do that, you have to re-bind. The receiver can only be bound to one model selection at a time. Otherwise Model-match, which prevent you from flying with the wrong model selected, wouldn't work.

Tags
e-flite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in