Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Odd, variable vibe

Not sure many people hang out in this subforum but, I will ask anyway to see if anyone has some possible insight. I have been fighting a vibe on my 450 3D forever. Finally, the other day I went through everything including replacing the tail shaft. i was super excited when I flew and the vibe was gone! Then I flew the second battery and the vibe was back. Next time I flew, I flew three batteries. First batt there was vibe, but minimal. Second battery had massive vibes and the third battery had no vibes! any thoughts? Only things I have not replaced include the main gear and tail drive gears.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2017, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Without much detail on the vibe your are experiencing, I would start by making sure all links are secure, no screws missing, and checking main shaft bearings for wear.
rlhatch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2017, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

check your Motor bearings for play.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the ideas, I will look into your suggestions. The motor is an upgrade and has relatively few flights on it so should not be an issue I would hope.

There has to be something that moves whenever i shut it down and change batteries to make this occur. When I flew with the second battery last time and the vibes were horrible, I set it down and dropped throttle all the way down, then back up again and even hit throttle hold to shut it down and then fired it back up again, all to see if it would change the vibe and it had no effect. Very odd.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
Old 02-23-2017, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Different battery placement might be affecting CG (barely) and maybe this is casing it to sometimes vibe and sometime not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Copternewbi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2017, 11:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I would love to update this thread but, I haven't flown the thing since posting. I did replace the cracked tail drive gear though.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you balanced the main blades ? it happened to me once with a brand new set, they where not equal in weight by a good margin, it sure took care of the vibes when balanced
altransam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in