Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SBUS question

SBUS newb questions. Thanks in advance.

Is there a secret to getting SBUS rx to work with the 12Z? I have two brand new 6202SBWs and although they appear to go through ID process correctly, I am not sure that they are really linked. This conclusion is based upon no input showing in VBar GUI despite solid green light on rx.

As a test (which with SBUS I have no idea of validity) I unplugged the SBUS lead, and just plugged a servo into the ch3 slot on the rx - no movement. Posted a picture of my tests here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=500118

Should this have worked? Ideas? I strongly doubt that I go two bad rx in a row from separate sources. This seems like me. 8^)
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Freak View Post
As a test (which with SBUS I have no idea of validity) I unplugged the SBUS lead, and just plugged a servo into the ch3 slot on the rx - no movement. Posted a picture of my tests here:

Should this have worked? Ideas? I strongly doubt that I go two bad rx in a row from separate sources. This seems like me. 8^)
The channel 3 should still work even if you are using S Bus. What will matter is what type of servo you plugged into it to do the test. A 760uS servo will not respond plugged into the Rx. Re link the unit in high speed mode if you are testing with a 1520uS digital servo (DS8717).

Green and Red (makes Orange) when on "High Speed mode".
(After two(2) seconds, change to Red.)

The unit will be solid green the Orange amber looking color is when you are linking it.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It's running in HS mode according to the LEDs, and I have used the link function with a variety of switch times (> 2 sec is supposed to be the right one) - no love yet. It should work in either speed mode, I think.

For what it is worth, I just linked a 6014FS and had instant success. The servo works, and it appears that the TM-14 module does too.

But I am not getting response from the two 6202s yet. I see the difference (quick orange vs. quick red at startup) but does not appear to matter.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at mine again it is channel 2 not 3. Shouldn't make a difference for what you are testing but just wanted to point it out.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Solved it. I had to learn that the diagrams appear inverted. You have to know that they mean to walk around to the other side of the rx and then use the pic. 8^) Sigh...

Thanks for the PMs and excellent suggestions!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in