Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #361 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Bob

i just got a 7100R and a coupke of quick questions

i have a dx7 (serves me well)

aux to gyro
gear to gear

i want pmix 1 idle 1 and pmix 3 for idle 2

but can i still use pmix 2 for throttle cut as i need to use the gear switch to kill the throttle ??? any ideas

how would you set it up mate ?

Cheers

Lee
Definition: 3D as applied to current rc helicopter flying is any maneuver that to be performed requires the constant harmonized input of three or more controls simultaneously while the maneuver is taking place.
satchy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #362 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Read through this post from Danal. Might help figure out a way to do it.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=94078

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #363 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Read through this post from Danal. Might help figure out a way to do it.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=94078

Bob
Thanks bob read through it alot of people asking the same and its looks like a no

oh well thanks anyway mate

Cheers
Definition: 3D as applied to current rc helicopter flying is any maneuver that to be performed requires the constant harmonized input of three or more controls simultaneously while the maneuver is taking place.
satchy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #364 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default sensor placement

Let me pre apologize for my laziness but I didnt want to search the countless pages this link has accrued.

**Can you use a sensor (futaba? or other?) going to the magnets on the fan or clutch bell using this Rx?? Im building a Trex700 with possibly a YS 91 3d so you cant mount the sensor to the back plate of this eng....

Thanks
Kevin
kvnm27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #365 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep,

I did it on my 700N using the Align clutch sensing magnate. I had to reverse the two wires. Works a treat. You may have to do a little homework though. I'm sure it's not hard to find.
Steve Graham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #366 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Reve Limit won't limit

Bob,

I have two AR7100Rs. One is on Frenzy 50 with an OS 50 Hyper and the limiter works perfect. On my other helicopter (trex 600n) I am using YS 50st engine. On the trex with the YS motor the limiter is not working. I set it up exactly the same way as on the Frenzy. I am getting the solid red sensor light and have recalibrated several times using your videos. I'm stumped. Is it something to do with the YS 50st. I set the sensor about the width of a business card just like on the OS engine. But I would think since I am getting a solid red sensor indication it would work. Unless there is something wrong with my transmitter setup. Anyhow is the YS engine throwing it off. Thanks for your help.
bmnewland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #367 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never mind. Found Horizon John Adams advice on moving the sensor out 0.5 - 1 mm out from the back plate on the YS 50st. Evidently if the sensor is too close on the YS engine it cannot distinguish between the crank itself and crankshaft pin. I moved it out 1mm and now works great, just like on the OS 50. Thanks.
bmnewland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #368 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New engine and rev limiter

How do setup the revlimiter on my ar700r before breaking in the engine. In other words I have the heli all built up but have not yet broken in the engine. I've heard I should break in the engine first before using the rev limiter. Is there a way to set everything up but run it in non rev mode to break in engine and then switch on rev limiter with out having to reprogram everything?
johnnyo7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #369 (permalink)
dch
Registered Users

Post deleted. Got my answer I needed.

David

Last edited by dch; 03-07-2012 at 12:07 PM..
dch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Raptor 50X with a Hyper motor. When I setup the AR7100R receiver for the first time to break in the engine. Do I setup everything like in your video and just either unplug the sensor or inhibit the revlimiter and run normal thottle curves in all modes to break in engine first? ANd then after engine is broken in plug sensor back up and setup throttle curves accordingly?
johnnyo7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #371 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am running the AR7100R with a RCE 6600 governor using a DX7. I am unable to control the head speed with this combo. I have [PROG.MIX1 2 and 3] AUX-> 2 GEAR. No matter what percentage I set the rate to I am getting a head speed between 2400 and 2500 rpm. Wondering if I need to use [TRAVEL ADJUST] instead? I currently have the GEAR @ +100%
-100%.

Thanks.
Markstefaniuk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

Need help setting up 7100R with a 12X radio. All servo's are moving correctly right/left aileron. Swash moves up when advancing throttle. Only problem is the elevator servo is backwards. When i go into radio & reverse the elevator channel the servos are not moving together. If i reverse the aileron & pitch servo's to move together then when i throttle up the swash moves down and elevator is correct. Anyone can help me..
ttaylor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaylor View Post
Need help setting up 7100R with a 12X radio. All servo's are moving correctly right/left aileron. Swash moves up when advancing throttle. Only problem is the elevator servo is backwards. When i go into radio & reverse the elevator channel the servos are not moving together. If i reverse the aileron & pitch servo's to move together then when i throttle up the swash moves down and elevator is correct. Anyone can help me..
I think you first get all servo to move in the same direction first. (servo reverse) irregardless of which side..
Then use swash mix to change the direction if, it's going the wrong way..
Old 05-28-2020, 03:45 AM   #374 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got an AR7110R for my Raptor 90 SE... just figuring out how to use this. I'm guessing the 5.2v regulated Rudder port will work with my JR G500T gyro and JR8900G servo? Both need 4.8v and not more!
muscleflex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2020, 03:43 PM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the 2 servos "Both need 4.8v and not more! " then... no.
But, I think those two servos have a little leeway and should be able to run with 5.2v.
An old-school 4 cell NiCad is rated at 4.8v. But, when fully charged (fresh off the charger), that 4 cell pack is around 5v to 5.2v.

As I recall, there were 4 servo ports that were regulated to 5.2v - rudder, throttle and 2 others (gyro gain?).
I used the Perfect Regulators "Spekline" regulator on my AR7100R to regulate the 2S LiPo down to 6v so I could run the DS-610 servos (6v max) and the low voltage rudder servo.

Last edited by ticedoff8; 06-01-2020 at 03:58 PM..
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #376 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks buddy... only managed to install the receiver last night. I changed my gyro as well from the G500t to a G770T which can take a bit more juice than 4.8v but my servo still says 4.8v so I'm hoping, as per your comment, it will be fine on 5.2v.
Will fully set it up this weekend altho no flying or test flights as it's supposed to be raining all weekend in the UK
muscleflex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in