Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

nuttcaze i thought you had another ES600 on the way sorry if ive missed an update i havnt bin on for awhile lol
54321doug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2008, 04:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well I was gonna sell my E-Smart's but its kinda hard to sell them, I'd end up losing out big time, so I just decided I'd keep them, I have 2 flight ready and I also have a EXI 450 Squadron and a Falcon 40. I have parts of a 3rd ES600 that I crashed, gonna rebuild it sometime but I've gotta save some money first, I'm gonna go with all carbon and CNC though, then finally get the electronics for it, I plan to use it for 3D so I'll actually be putting fairly good electronics on it. Its the building season here in upstate NY, so all I can really do with my ES600's right now is hover in my garage. I'm also getting a Exceed RC Piper Cub next week, I plan to use some planes for AP this summer so I better start practicing now, its a bit too cold for Helis right now, but a cheapy plane will should be ok, plus it doesn't require alot of fast stick movement, stand in the cold more then 5 mins and your fingers stop moving as fast

nuttcaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2008, 01:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default how does this thing autorotate?

Wassup guys,
Just finished putting the chassis together on my ES Pro and man is that thing beautiful. One thing I noticed is that the main gear directly connects to the tail drive gear. I know the one way bearing allows the rotors to spin freely to autorotate, but the tail rotor doesn't follow through. Wouldn't this make the ES spin the opposite direction when you cut throttle? I know you guys have had a lot of air time with the ES and I was just curious as how this thing behaves. Thanks and hope everyonehad a great xmas!
kbzx35 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 09:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The e-smart auto just fine as long as you keep some forward flight while you auto. This heli has a good hang time during auto rotation compared to driven tail design.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 03:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

have any of you guys had a problem with the stock esky motor,on mine the main part of the motor(windings etc)has broken away from the base that holds it all on the frame,luckily I was only hovering and noticed that I was down on power so no harm done
henry
henryd123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 04:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

both of mine are ok, I've even done light 3D with no probs
Old 01-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes ,i think it may be quite a rare problem,I posted the same thing on rcg and only had one guy with the same thing happening
you still flying your two big birds?
henry
henryd123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

unfortunately not right now, they're on the shelf collecting dust, its been too cold for them lately, last time I took one out I went up for a loop only to have my servos start freezing up right when I reached the top of my loop (inverted), I had almost no cyclic, still not exactly sure how I got it to flip back over, I really thought I was gonna crash, a feeling I haven't had in a while, had to do an emergency landing on the other side of the field, and since the heli is so big I like to fly a long ways away, so it was a good long walk to get my heli. Took it home and shelfed it, not gonna take that chance again, especially now that I have smaller helis to trash
Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Goin UP !!!

Hey ya'll Been lookin around at large heli's. I'm gonna go up in size for the spring and was wondering what everyone thinks are the best 600's
If price didn't matter.
Thanks
Fatdaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For the price? It's a decision between the E-smart and the outrage 550. If you want to conserve funds now and just taking a dip into larger helis, go with the E-smart(yes you can 3D with it too). But if you have some extra cash and want impressive performance out of the box, get the outrage. I still fly my E-smart if I want a relaxing sport-3D flying and if I want to be wired tense and almost mess up my pants, I fly the outrage 550. There is a price difference though, the outrage is about 2X the price of a semi metal E-smart kit. Then again with the outrage, you do not have to upgrade anything on the airframe, just your electronics and power system. Both helis can run on 6S and will perform. It's just a matter of what are you looking for. Heck my trex 600 is now just gathering dust on the shelf. I think at this time the outrage 550 outperforms anything in it's class out there. I also have a logo 500 3D and the outrage is way above it in performance. Another thing with the outrage that it has going for it is the fact that the head can be set up for beginners and then later be set up for insane 3D(I'm not there yet) without buying additional parts. I still like the e-smart and I'm currently modding it to perform like the outrage 550.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Yup

Thats what I been thinking too. I'm gonna go with the E-Smart for sure. I like the working and upgrading almost as much as flying them so thats the way I'm gonna go. Anyone tried the 4 or 5 blade rotor heads??
Old 01-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default open box

Hey danxz How much for the esmart open box??
Old 01-31-2009, 04:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think they make a 4-5 blade head for this heli, but you can get a brand new kit for $140 at helidirect

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2161
Old 01-31-2009, 05:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default rotor head

They make one for the 600 class. so I'm sure it can be fitted.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

You should be able to adapt a 4-5 bladed heard for a 500 class heli work. The rex 500 uses a 8mm main shaft as well. Comparing the size of the 500 stock head to the esmart they are close to the same size. I may throw a rex 500 metal head on my esmart when upgrade time comes!
Design Engnr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It has been sold to friend of mine for 170 bucks with motor, 3 scanner rc mg servos, 2 sets of wooden blades, a set of SWE FRP blades and a used align 75A ESC with a spare main gear.
I think he got a good deal. I am bummed today because I did not get to go to the Daytona event because of work. I'll be working on the flybarless system for the E-smart I guess.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ya Think!!

Yea sounds like he got a really good. I'm new, really just startin and leaning lookin at whatever I can find and already you guy offer the most good info around. Thanks
I 'm starting with a HBK@ that I've had bout 3 weeks now. Smoked the motor on the 5th batt. And that has just started it .... With upgrades.
Yea I know I've read all the negivite stuff that's (some good stuff too)
been said about the HBK2 but I do things my way and I really like it already. I do have or have ordered EVERYTHING to up the bee as far as it wlii go. Including theEXtreme carbon airframe!!!When I'm done I will pretty much have all the org.HBK2 sittin on the side!!! I been flying it around my living room to learn to hoover till I can get outside. You know I got a 24x36 graage but its too full to fly there. So inside will heve to do. Only 1 crash that has broke parts so I been lucky.
I'm gonna slowly build up the tha ES600 and do it right.. I'm lookin at starting off with the Full metal and carbon. Any thoughts..
Old 02-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's good, but don't waste your money on bling stuff for now, the HB king 2 flies really good stock airframe with just good electronics. Invest your money on a good transmitter instead. Good electronics like gyros and tail servos will help you fly better. and will actually last longer than the model itself. You also can transfer the good electronics to another model if you get tired of the one you got. Good electronics doesn't mean expensive. Look at the ino-lab servos and the logictech gyros. A spektrum DX7 is a good transmitter to start with.(get the package without servos). Also invest in a good simulator-it is worth it's weight in gold.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ESmart

Hey guys,
I just won the auction on EBay from Helidrect for the all metal and carbon
W/motor E-Smart!!! Got it for $220.00. I cant wait to see her!!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Very Cool

ES600 Arrived today!! This thing is sweet. Gonna pick up a DX7.
Any thoughts on the ar7000 and servos that come with it?
Looks like some pretty good deals on EBay.
E-Smart CF Pro, Full Metal E Smart, Outrage 550
G-Smart. Pegusas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in