Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC > Spartan Vortex

Spartan Vortex Spartan RC - Vortex VX1 Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is there a way to save settings?

I'm playing around with a vx1e on a beaten up old test platform. I'd like to move it to a new model, and then put it back on the beater later.

Is there a way to save all the parameters and then just reload it later? Or am I forced to write it all down by hand and go through all the setup menus again?

If there is no way to save a profile, is there a plan to fix this? Seems like it would just be a simple text file with a list of parameter names.

Thanks!
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

I tried to look for this feature as well and could not find it. Definitely a good feature to have. I cant see why this couldn't be added as its a simple to do
Old 08-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Angelos takes all ideas into consideration. If it can be done, makes sense, and is worthwhile, then he will give it due consideration. He is constantly working to improve, but not everything can be taken on at one time.

Sent via phone
Old 08-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My guess is the software evolved from the datapod while the GUI is a brand new addition. So the initial GUI heavily leveraged the datapod work which is why there is no save/load feature.

Most other systems started with a GUI on day one so this was a core feature during development.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I asked this question back in January 2013 see below

Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post
its a shame you cant save current settings to a file and reload them after a firmware upgrade

Angelos response

The programming is erased only when new parameters are introduced. The reason behind is explained here and it also extends to how things are saved in the Vortex memory: http://www.spartan-rc.com/resources/....php?topic=157

Saving and restoring the configuration is a very complex and dangerous process. For example, this new firmware doubles the size of the trim steps so the old values are no longer the correct ones. Ok, this is a trivial thing but down the line more substantial changes will be made and parts of the software may work in a totally different way. Given the risk factor of the helicopter misbehaving it is not really bad idea to reset all parameters to a known stable configuration and then set things manually.

Perhaps a happy medium would be a price of software to print all parameters on a piece of paper (or save on a text file) and the user can then refer to it whist doing a new manual setup.

Cheers,
Angelos
Old 08-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmm well, that's a pretty unusual architecture. I'm sure I'm over simplifying, but obviously every system that has a GUI manages. In the end it's a bit stream, and the end user has to go through ore flight checks to verify the model is ok.

Regardless worse case the GUI could save all the "safe to restore values" minimizing how much you have to manually go back and fix after a default start. At least restore all the "personality" settings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in