Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Finally a 770 video

Tareq flying his 770

discoferret is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is he just learning?
wrong way is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hes fairly new, started last season i think. He just took the training gear off last month!
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys - seen that clip on another forum and I posted that I beleive the clip has been sped up as the heli movement is just too un-natural for even a fast heli and pilot like Tareq.

There are really fast camera pans and zooms that are jsut too quick for real like. The heli wobbles really un-naturally at the end when it lands and is spooling down and even thou i know how good a pilot he is and how quick the heli is, it's still like watching an old silent movie sped up.

Can I have your opinion on whether or not you think this clip has been tweaked as i'm the only one it seems that thinks it's sped up and not normal speed..

1min 42 is a short flight - if you slow down the clip to normal you'll probably have closer to a normal 3min flight time.. that's what I think anyway..

Am I going crazy? What do you think about the clip's speed (not the heli speed).. ?
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No this is not sped up at all.

To be honest, it looks like this heli struggle a bit with tareqs demands.

I know for sure that I dont want anything bigger than a 700, its slow enough.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
Guys - seen that clip on another forum and I posted that I beleive the clip has been sped up as the heli movement is just too un-natural for even a fast heli and pilot like Tareq.

There are really fast camera pans and zooms that are jsut too quick for real like. The heli wobbles really un-naturally at the end when it lands and is spooling down and even thou i know how good a pilot he is and how quick the heli is, it's still like watching an old silent movie sped up.

Can I have your opinion on whether or not you think this clip has been tweaked as i'm the only one it seems that thinks it's sped up and not normal speed..

1min 42 is a short flight - if you slow down the clip to normal you'll probably have closer to a normal 3min flight time.. that's what I think anyway..

Am I going crazy? What do you think about the clip's speed (not the heli speed).. ?

Try watching at a lower resolution, the video looks rather slow to me (cant expect miracles from a 770). A sped up video look is usually a frame rate problem.

The short flight is because he was tuning (check the title), this could have been between tunings, doesnt mean this is the total flight times.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, the blade farts and tail noise do not sound oddly fast.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post

I don't think so. If you look at the people standing next to Tareq, they are adjusting their bodies at normal speed. Even the girls hair blows in the wind at normal speed.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

He's getting used to with flybarless heli and this type of big heli so we can expect much more exciting vids from Tareq for this Goblin 770 in the near future.
SAB GOBLIN USA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by latte View Post
No this is not sped up at all.

To be honest, it looks like this heli struggle a bit with tareqs demands.
Agreed on both counts. I was standing 5 meters behind the camera man ...

During one of his flights with the 770 , we heard a sharp "clip" On landing , main blade / tail blade touch was evident - small chip missing out of a tail blade.
Still , when checking it stationary , there was some 20mm clearance between main anf tail . Could it be that the heli was "bending" its back during the extreme smacks?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lead/lag could explain that.
bobloblaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
Hes fairly new, started last season i think. He just took the training gear off last month!
just started last year? well some people take longer than others but I hope he keeps up with it, you never know he just might get sponsored or a t-shirt or stickers that would be cool. Maybe he was mad at his mom or something or someone might have kicked his dog?
wrong way is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
Lead/lag could explain that.
Could you elaborate ? They had the main blades ( and head) parallel to the boom , and the tail blade pointing to the main blade tip when checking the (about) 20mm clearance
Old 05-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

folks - just an update...

I played the clip on my PC at home (was at work when posted) and looked a lot better and more realistic..

Problem solved.. thanks..
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus7 View Post
Could you elaborate ? They had the main blades ( and head) parallel to the boom , and the tail blade pointing to the main blade tip when checking the (about) 20mm clearance
In fast flight the advancing blade has a faster airspeed than the retreating blade. This causes the blades to swing back and forth in the grips. If you fold one blade back far enough and input a lot of -ve pitch it might be possible for the blade to come in contact with the boom.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
In fast flight the advancing blade has a faster airspeed than the retreating blade. This causes the blades to swing back and forth in the grips. If you fold one blade back far enough and input a lot of -ve pitch it might be possible for the blade to come in contact with the boom.
It clipped a tail blade , not the boom
Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks awesome....
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in