Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wookong-M Functionality

Ok. I decided that I needed to take notes on all the capabilities that the WKM has to offer. So I started reading the manual and said to myself, "Man, I better take some notes!". So I took notes in the Notes app on my Mac and sync'd them to my iPhone so I would have them handy out at the field. I also put the manual on my iPhone so I could reference the LED status page in the back as well.
After taking notes, I found that I had a nicely paraphrased the important parts of the manual. It might not have every detail, but that wasn't the purpose anyway.
So here are my notes for anyone interested.

DJI F550 Settings

WKM
GPS Antenna Location: X= -7 cm Z= -13 cm
-all the rest, zero.

DX8 Channels/Switches

Flight Control:U -> AUX1 -> F.MODE
0-[GPS-ATT]
1-[ATTITUDE]
2-[MANUAL]

IOC:X2 -> AUX2 -> FLAP/GYRO
Mode set to "Control 3":
0-[OFF]
1-[POI]
2-[HOME LOCK]
Green LED will blink slowly to indicate IOC mode selected.

Use this switch to manually record the IOC nose orientation, home position or point of interest for the corresponding modes/switch positions. POI has to be recorded manually.
To record IOC points manually:
After GPS IOC integrity is established: toggle the 3-position switch 3 to 5 times between two switch positions [only]. The recorded IOC points will be different for different switch combinations. The following shows how the MC will record the different points for my settings above:
Position-0<-> Position-1: POI point recorded.
Position-1<->Position-2: Home Lock recorded.
Green LED will blink quickly to indicate IOC point successfully recorded.

RTH:X3 -> AUX3 -> Knob
Initially mapped to knob to set gains on Autopilot page
After, set to GEAR switch:
0-[STANDBY]
1-[START]
If you switch F.MODE to [MANUAL] OR [ATTITUDE] then RTH is cancelled.

Flying - always start near the intended Home Lock or POI position.

Upon Power-Up:
wait 5 secs for system to initialize.
Before Take-off:
Wait for GPS IOC integrity. Indication: 6 or more sats acquired for more than 8 seconds (red LED blinks once or no blinking >8secs).
MC Automatically records IOC points after GPS IOC integrity is established.
For Course Lock: MC will record the current nose position :30 seconds after power-up. Can reset it manually after :30 seconds of power up.
For Home Lock: MC will record the location after throttle stick is raised for the first time. Only one recorded at any time. Same point used for Go-HOME and Landing FailSafe.
For POI: NO automatic recording documented.
OR Manually record IOC points after GPS IOC integrity is established.

IOC Modes
Note: Continuously spinning the craft in IOC will accumulate yaw errors. The LED will blink white to indicate excessive yaw errors. In this case, stop or slow down the spinning. You may continue forward flight after the blinking has stopped so as to have better flight performance.

Course Lock: F.MODE->[ATTITUDE] or [GPS/ATTITUDE]
To cancel: Change IOC to OFF. Or change F.MODE to [MANUAL].

Home Lock: F.MODE -> [GPS/ATTITUDE] and >10m away from recorded home point.
To cancel: Change IOC to OFF. Or change F.MODE to [MANUAL] or [ATTITUDE]

NOTE: If you select F.MODE to [ATTITUDE] mode during Home Lock, then Course Lock is set using the current - NOT RECORDED - forward flight direction.

IMPORTANT: If the craft flies within 10m of the home point, or you switch F.MODE to [ATTITUDE], the MC will automatically select Course Lock using the current - NOT recorded - forward flight direction automatically. This forward flight direction is NOT the recorded forward direction. However, if you now select course lock, the MC will now fly in course lock using the recorded - NOT current - forward flight direction.

POI: F.MODE ->[GPS/ATTITUDE] and >5M away from recorded point of interest.
NOTE: After POI engaged, craft will slowly rotate it's nose at point of interest.

To cancel: Change IOC to OFF. Or change F.MODE to [MANUAL] OR [ATTITUDE]. Or GPS status goes bad (3 blinking red lights). Or craft flies back within 5m or >500m from recorded POI.

Inflight Motor Failure:
FLAP/GYRO -> 2-[HOME LOCK]
Land ASAP

CAUTION: If F.MODE->[MANUAL], the motors will stop if the throttle stick goes below 10%!

Enhanced Fail-Safe Methods

Fail-safe is initiated when:
Signal lost between TX and RX. Or
One or more connections between the MC and the RX is lost. Before flight, motors won't start. During flight, LED will flash blue. If Hovering fail-safe is configured and U channel signal is lost, then craft will auto land.

If RTH is initiated during flight via a configured switch on TX, LED will flash purple. If you switch F.MODE ->[MANUAL] or [ATTITUDE], then RTH is cancelled. F.MODE->[GPS/ATTITUDE] re-enabled RTH function.

NOTE: To use any form of GO-HOME - including the fail-safe return home, you must have GPS IOC integrity and a valid HOME position must be recorded prior to take-off.

Configurable Modes;
Hover: Signal lost? Craft will hover.

Go-Home: Signal lost? Craft will hover. Signal lost > 3 secs? Computes altitude and will climb if necessary(min altitude 20m) and flies home; hovers for 15secs, then lands.

Altitude Go-Home: Signal lost? Craft will hover. Signal lost > 3 secs? Computes altitude and will climb if necessary(min altitude 20m-300m as configured by user) and flies home; hovers for 15secs, then lands.
MIKADO VControl Touch | iCharger 406 Duo | Meanwell RSP-1500W-24V
CaptHal8HS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in