Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question esc will not arm in autorotation mode dx8

hello, I will start with my setup
futaba bls252 cyclic
savox tail servo
ikon fbl
castle 130 esc
vertigo 1175 kv
dx8

ok, well I am trying to fly in autorotation mode to practice autos of course. everything works fine and I can calibrate my throttle endpoints with out autorotation enabled. but when I check the autorotation box I cant get the esc to arm for nothing. I have tried everything I can think of. am I missing something? are there steps or a procedure I need to follow step by step? thanks

Old 05-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is the Castle quick tips video on how to do it.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you for the reply. these are the videos I watched to try and set up autorotation. but still no luck. I still cant get the esc to arm when the autorotation box is checked.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASON671 View Post
thank you for the reply. these are the videos I watched to try and set up autorotation. but still no luck. I still cant get the esc to arm when the autorotation box is checked.
On my esc I found that I can plug in everything and it will count the cells, but not arming. I then figured out that I must toggle my TH switch twice, for it to arm. Maybe if you try that.
Ps. I don't use the auto rotation, so I don't know if it will work with you, but just try.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can get it to arm and calibrate the throttle when the autorotation box is not checked. but when I check the box and try to recalibrate the throttle I cant get low stick to arm so I can calibrate my auto bailout .
Old 05-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is how it is meant to be.

To arm your ESC, go to normal mode and zero throttle.

When you arm, the ESC goes back to slow start mode. If it did that in throttle hold mode, you would not have the quick acceleration you need to bail out of an auto.

Regards

Acrow
acrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought I was supposed to calibrate throttle endpoints with autortation box checked. that's what I been trying to do an can not get it to calibrate or read low stick to arm.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I thought I was supposed to calibrate throttle endpoints with autortation box checked. that's what I been trying to do an can not get it to calibrate or read low stick to arm.
Yes you do the endpoint calibration with the autorotation box checked.

So are you saying that when you try to do the low endpoint, you can't reach it? Of course I assume you are not in TH when you do this. You should be in normal mode with a throttle curve of 0->100. All throttle trims are off.

Normal order of operation is to get both endpoints calibrated (with that box checked). Then you adjust the TH throttle level to be just above that low endpoint value (as shown in the video.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes that's what I meant. I cant get high and low endpoints calibrated with the box checked.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found this specific to the Ikon and setting up AR bailout.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
yes that's what I meant. I cant get high and low endpoints calibrated with the box checked.
Im having the same problem, and was able to get low after a few tries but not high, i tried to hover and gov was all over the place. Unchecked the box and everything was fine. Headscratcher, i only set it up to practice aerobatic autos but screw it im going to practice them anyway, blades are cheap right
Old 05-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

just curious as to what your throttle curve is? my was flat 30 for gov so thats why it wouldnt set, as soon as i change it back to 0 25 50 100 it did it first try. what an idiot i am sometimes
Old 05-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I set my curves back to linear. still no luck. I tried rebinding with different endpoints and all. idk im stumped
Old 05-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah i gave up on it, the gov flies way worse withh the box checked for some reason, it seems like its overspeeding bit there is a crazy whine. Probably user error but i dont really need bailout anyway. If ima botch an auto ima do it right

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in