Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 500 dfc and v bar issue.

I have set a friends 500 dfc up with mini vbar, all is as normall apart from massive collective and cyclic travel . To get anywhere near the v bar paramateres of 80%-120% on the sliders for travel this thing is achieving 20 degrees pitch and 18 degrees cyclic.

The heli is way out of the vbar loop with correct pitch and cyclic values ( 45%) .

The servo arms are alloy align arms and on the inner most hole ( there is only 2)

This heli is new to me but I am guessing this is a dfc issue somewhere and must be common in the trex 500 dfc and v bar world

Any advice much appreciated. By the way folks, never try to hover a vbar with 45% value set in the travel adjusts for cyclic and pitch as its not pleasant
mak24seven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like the problem is within the Vbar so you may want to ask in that forum. Achieving those values in the inner most hole sounds really strange.
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

yep had the same type of issues with vbar and trex 500

unfortunately to set it up properly it will be no where within the parameters of the vbar control loop I flew mine that way for a while then put a AR7200bx on it
Kap'n Krunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had trouble with the original pro alloy servo arms (blue) and mini vbar too - no chance even on inner hole. i just replaced the original arms with plastic ones => innermost hole additional ~2-3mm "better" compared to the orignal arms and that did the trick.

with dfc swash and those (hq) plastic arms the mini vbar results are ~80 and ~86 if i remember correctly... achieving around +/- 13.5-14° pitch. just flying so great (now since 2-3 yrs)...

best regards
michael
Old 07-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid121 View Post
i had trouble with the original pro alloy servo arms (blue) and mini vbar too - no chance even on inner hole. i just replaced the original arms with plastic ones => innermost hole additional ~2-3mm "better" compared to the orignal arms and that did the trick.

with dfc swash and those (hq) plastic arms the mini vbar results are ~80 and ~86 if i remember correctly... achieving around +/- 13.5-14° pitch. just flying so great (now since 2-3 yrs)...

best regards
michael
Sounds like the information I need thank you, can you be more specific on the exact plastic arms and I will get my friend to order them.
mak24seven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

oops... if only i could

it is 2-3 years ago and i really do not remember exactly where i got them (or if they have been in my "home stock"), but maybe the picture attached could help you in getting some (similar)!

btw: just returned from flying this great heli... still one of my favs as a trainer. 2650 mA 45C Lipos (1795g takeoff weight) and 3000 on the head is just... yeah!

best regards
Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	595862  
Old 07-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid121 View Post
....btw: just returned from flying this great heli... still one of my favs as a trainer. 2650 mA 45C Lipos (1795g takeoff weight) and 3000 on the head is just... yeah!
Wow, those are some awesome specs!
Even without metal bling my 500 ESP is about 1950gr with 3000 40c batts.I think 2650 45C is the way to go . I have two Zippy 2800 30c that are actually rather light for their capacity, all in all about 100gr less and believe it or not the performance difference is huge! But those are not strong batteries. I feel them closer to 20-25c rather than 30c.

Last edited by Mateyhv; 07-11-2015 at 06:18 AM..
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2015, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rabid121, those are just plain old Align plastic grips. That's what I use on my 500, and I have no complaints.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think that you should be able to adjust the values during programming. Do you use a computer to program it?
Old 07-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

what I remember the geometry is off (even with the blue align horns) when you start using the inner holes and the servo rod can interfere with the bottom of the anti- rotation bracket
Kap'n Krunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2015, 01:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Rabid121, those are just plain old Align plastic grips. That's what I use on my 500, and I have no complaints.
yes, now i remember.... they're from the original t-rex 550 kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateyhv View Post
... and believe it or not the performance difference is huge! ...
oh yes, i do believe sometimes i fly 3200 mA packs on this bird to... and as you say: the performance difference is huge!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in