Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2016, 07:38 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

6 lipos done today, really love this bird, I bought the flybarless head and a flybarless system but as you can see it's still FB, I feel like I'll miss it so I'll take that way right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160130_12_24_05_Rich.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	632790  
andrea_farins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016, 11:42 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles500 View Post
Well after a local heli pilot actually set me down and step by step showed me how to set up my helicopter I realized that 99% of my problem with the bird was inexperience and wrong setup. I am happy to say that it is in perfect flying condition and I have gained a lot of valuable information today. The t-rex 500 flies great now. It is supposed to be a good day here so I am going to the field all day. I will let you guys know how it went. Thanks again for all your advice.
That's great to hear! The beginning is the hardest time, because you don't know what you don't know. Just getting your footing will allow you to leap forward now!
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2016, 07:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

4 modestly hard flights on this machine today. Very much enjoying the small bump in headspeed that I did last night. I am on a 16 tooth pinion with a 3226-1600kv motor. Gov headspeed is 2800 and it's a rocket ship

I usually start in UI 1 at 2500. do a few slow flips and rolls and after about 30 seconds will open it up to UI2. so darn nimble! No vibes or abnormal stuff today, just good old 500e flyin'!
-Markus
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2016, 09:58 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got in 3 flights with my T-rex 500 out at the field today. I did some of the best flying with the 500 than I ever have before. I also got 2 flights in on my new blade 500x. The only two flights since I got it yesterday. I had a small mishap and needed to order a main gear and servo mount . Luckily I had the other parts needed to fix it. Other than that it was an amazing day for me. I needed it after the last few days. Its always nice when your packing up for the day and you can leave with a smile.
Miles500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2016, 01:18 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just stared at it

Although I'm accustomed to bad weather conditions, the weather in the Netherlands was absolutely horrible for the last week.
Didn't do any flying. Straring at my helies sitting on their shelves was the only RC activity this week.
hdewinter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2016, 06:12 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1454328625229.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	633110[IMG][IMG] been assembling one of my 500 trex and disassembling the other for maintenance.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:53 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went back out to the flying field yesterday and ran about 4 packs through it. I switched to KBDD 430mm blades and Finally after saying screw it I successfully flipped my 500.several times front and back and practiced my nose in hovering( with some altitude LoL) I flew so great. I have never had this much fun flying. The first flip I did I was shaking so much afterwards I landed immediately I was so full of adrenaline.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:15 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

No flying today. Just changed my transmitter to a Futaba 14SG so had to set the model up again on this. Didn't take too long once I got to grips with the various menus. looking forward to getting out with the 500 again soon.
nigel armstrong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just wanted to let everyone know that I took all of your advice and I backed off from the flips(well I limit myself to one a flight) but I have been practicing my figure 8's and my nose in and I can see an improvement in my flying. Thanks for all yalls advice. I listen to everything that has been said. I'll keep Everyone updated on any progress I make.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:55 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatjev View Post
Attachment 633110[IMG][IMG] been assembling one of my 500 trex and disassembling the other for maintenance.
Yesterday did a maiden flight with my 500 clone, which started as a HK 500 TT FBL kit from Hobbyking, but in the process of building everything except frame was changed to Align and TAROT...
I will NEVER EVER buy any HK clone, he he
Because there is no economy at all, much much more is frustration from all those different vibrations you get from crappy HK parts. Main and tail rotor was changed completely because of these huge vibrations, nothing was straight, rotating parts were out of balance etc.
Compared to Trex 500, it is night and day!
Old 02-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

And this is why you need to practice your orientations before attempting to do super fast and wide figure 8's. If I had been more proficient this wouldn't have happened. I'll post rebuild pics eventually.

#dumbthumbs
#piloterror
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20160208_154934.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	634294   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160208_155036.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	634295   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160208_154951.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	634296  
Old 02-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles500 View Post
And this is why you need to practice your orientations before attempting to do super fast and wide figure 8's. If I had been more proficient this wouldn't have happened. I'll post rebuild pics eventually.

#dumbthumbs
#piloterror
Sorry about that! I had similar crashes because orientations. We hope to see your rebuild

Graupner mz-24
VertCP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2016, 04:08 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yesterday decided to put on new canopy from HK on my 500 and besides new look now I can use my 3000mah without any mod to frame.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	unspecified.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	634906  
Old 02-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the 500 rebuilt the night after the crash due to the help of a buddy of mine and the weather has been horrible since. We finally had a break in the weather and I ran 1 pack through the 500L and my goblin 500. The T-rex flies beautifully, but the goblin is acting pretty ignorant up in the air. Wants to roll right and forward. I've checked all the "normal" causes. I do have some slop in my control arms. Its only my 3rd flight of this heli. Other than That I was just happy to get some stick time.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:44 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been dealing with the same crappy weather. I got a few flights in on my X3 today after the sun came out, to regain a little bit of my sanity.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:55 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Long story short, 3 flights on my newly required 500esp that I converted to fbl. Wow, I had forgot the head speed this thing has!

Youtube
AzHeliCrasher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ran 2 packs through the T-rex. Windy as HELL today so it kept pushing the heli to the right and wanting to make it roll. Its like super windy though it almost made flying no fun. LoL Had perfect weather all weekend. Work came first. I got off with enough time to fly yesterday so I had the wife charge all the batteries only for it to rain literally as we were pulling away from the job. Still tweaking the Goblin, but its flying a lot better than it was
Old 02-22-2016, 06:19 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had it start raining the moment I got the the field once. I still flew a pack before leaving.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its been gloomy all day so far, but I got 2 packs through my T-rex 500 Dominator. I successfully did a few figure 8's. Also I did my first barrel roll 3 times to be exact. I did my first nose in tic tocs. the first try was pretty good, but the second try as I was nose down I hit the rudder and lost orientation. Luckily I was up high enough and I didn't panic and regained control of the heli. I did have to change my underwear when I got home though.....LoL

All in all it was a successful day..
Old 03-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

3 more flights, sport flying and flips, rolls, etc.

Youtube
AzHeliCrasher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in