Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location
Default NOTICE - JR 12X users and PC software

All, just a notice and it took me a while to figure this out.

If you are trying to use the 12X PC software that allows you to download and upload model information to the radio and you are getting an ERROR of some kind while trying to connect to the radio, I found the issue.

I just built a brand new PC and for the life of me I could not get the PC software to connect to the radio. I would get a badly translated error something like "Connecting, this may take a long time". Could not find ANYTHING anywhere about this error or what causes it.

The software would work fine on all my other older PC's and laptop. After messing around for hours I finally decided maybe my i7Core mother board (Asus BT6) just needed new intel drivers to fix a bug that was not fixed yet. It happens sometimes when you get the latest chipsets.... So i figured I would wait for either a new BIOS release from ASUS or now chipset drivers to come out.

Then after also finding out I had some older USB memory sticks and some other older USB devices that also had some problems, I started messing with BIOS settings.

Low and behold I had a bios setting for USB called "High speed". I set this back to Full Speed and VIOLA!!!! This fixed my problems with the 12X PC software as well as my other USB devices.

So if your having a problem check your BIOS settings for the USB controllers.

Just an FYI.....
Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had no luck at this point getting the software to work on my computer ,but my computer is far from new ,it fact it's due to be replaced . it's 4 1/2 years old now . But it does have a ASUS motherboard I'll check and see if that's my issue also. I just thought it was just another Vista Issue,and stopped trying . Are you going to do setup vid's with the 12x ?

Last edited by tweav; 04-07-2009 at 10:06 PM..
tweav is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What OS are you running?

I hadn't considered the BIOS settings since the issue I have is the 64 bit Vista requires a signed USB driver and the one included with the 12X software is not signed.

If you bypass the warning and install it anyway, the program still does not work and upon rebooting, the computer will report a corrupted driver and remove it.

I'd like to see a 12X setup video as well, I've got things pretty well figured out for my planks, but the little 450 T-Rex is still causing me some grief....
zeb29 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes my usb was set to high speed ,I changed it ,and yes it works. old computer and all. So I'm thinking is a Asus bios thing .

thanks for the
insight Finless

Last edited by tweav; 04-10-2009 at 08:39 AM..
tweav is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Glad that worked for you!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great heads up, thanks for that!
mchammer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi , I had an issue with vista 64 with the 12x driver software as well
here is the response I got from Horzion for the fix and it has
indeed fixed the problem for me

Frank

Hi Frank,

It looks like your Vista is continually restarting UAC on logout. You would need to permanently disable UAC if you do not want to do it every time you startup. It is a security feature of vista and not an issue with the data software.
You may also visit this page for more information on disabling UAC:
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

I hope this helps.

Kale
Product Support Representative
Horizon Hobby, Inc
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, IL 61822
1-877-504-0233
Ballistic1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in