Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Frenzy is now FBL

The last of my fleet is now FBL.
I used everything that came on the heli and just converted it to FBL. It was super easy.
I am using a Skookum 360 and have it dialed in great, this heli flew good before but it absoluty Rocks now!!
The balls on the blade grips are the balls from the rudder linkage under the boom.
I used the mixer arms from the old setup and cut off the long side and just used the short one with the little angle thingys on them. For the swash follower collar I used a collar clamp from my Velocity 50 http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ase-w-Hardware

The linkages for the blade grips are the ones that were already on the head, I just adjusted them till I was 0deg at center stick, no other mods needed.

Last edited by crashagain; 06-04-2011 at 09:12 PM..
crashagain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 04:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I purchased my frenzy with the flybarless head. I had previously changed it over to TT tail drive. I added a Curtis youngblood Total G and should be able to get out and flight test this weekend.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

What did you do to make it a TT? Do you need new frames? I would love to ditch the belt drive.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have converted my belt TZ ,to torque tube. I can tell you this, DO NOT do it. It will cost you. BUT if you are like me (I was midway when I found out the frames were diff) here is a parts needed breakdown. If I miss something I apologize. Basically go to A main hobbies and buy everything with a TT behind it. (1) new TT frame set (2) tailboom with driveshaft and bearings in it (3) Metal TT tailcase, and don't forget the tail output shaft cause it is different as well as the slider,bracket and bell crank (4) bevel gears ,front & rear+ the bearings(5)Tail boom holder(6) main shaft (7) drive gear shaft and spur gear.
Cost is about $154.00 without shipping. You decide.

I have flown it and kinda like the belt better. I had to change my mini G settings from the belt version. Do not know what it is ,but it seems to wind up (torque tube) and I get a little bounce at the end of a fast pirouette,that I did not have with the belt.
I am still setting up my total G.
I will tell you this, if it still acts the same after all this, it will be up for sale. That or I will convert it back and sell the TT parts. Please keep an eye out if you really want one as I may post it on here for sale after flight testing.
mattsergo60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW, for that kind of money and the initial cost of the heli you could have bought a Trex or Outrage.
I think I will leave it alone. I went thru the drive train, balanced everything even changed the main gear and pinion since I was not happy with the mesh. Changed the plastic belt pulleys to metal ones and this heli is as smooth as my others with TT's. I think I'll take your advice and leave it alone.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashagain View Post
WOW, for that kind of money and the initial cost of the heli you could have bought a Trex or Outrage.
I think I will leave it alone. I went thru the drive train, balanced everything even changed the main gear and pinion since I was not happy with the mesh. Changed the plastic belt pulleys to metal ones and this heli is as smooth as my others with TT's. I think I'll take your advice and leave it alone.
Yea sure, rub it in. I look on the bright side though,at least I have a spare set of main frames for my belt heli!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I finally got a chance to fly the TT Frenzy FBL with the total G. I can say this. It acts ( tail) as queer as it did with the mini G. The total G needs some tweaks ( not locked on solid yet) but I am sure that will change once I switch the flight control over to the view 2.
anybody else flying a TT Frenzy????????? If so ,LMK how yours acts.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spent some time going thru the setup on my Skookum and got it dialed in really nice.
Tail is locked and smooth. Now I think I'll sell it to fund another project.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew it again tonite to check the trims with the FC off and no wind. Got it, now I just need to wind the gains up some. I got the tail better,but not where I like it.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I went through the setup on my total g. I switched the FC to the G-view and dialed up the tail parameters. WOW, what can I say. It is a totally new machine and flys awesome. The flip rate is a fuzz slower than I like ,so I will dial that up. I cannot wait to fly it again,and again, and again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in