Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Microheli CNC parts on the cheap?

Hey guys, im looking to upgrade the full head on my old SR but have a hard time justifying spending $130 plus shipping over on Microhelis site.

Do I just have to just grin and bear it or do I have other options? Should I just fly with stock?
Joseph T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can get away with an aluminum swashplate and blade grips. Those are the weak points in the stock head setup. The downside to that is you will be replacing main gears a lot if you crash cause the plastic blade grips would suck up a lot of damage in a crash which will now be transferred to the main gear. The plus side is main gears are cheaper and easier to replace. As far as the swashplate goes, the stock swash is junk and over time will separate without warning. The only options you have are to glue the swash or replace it with an aluminum swash. If you just replace the swash and blade grips on your SR you should be fine and will be a lot cheaper than replacing the complete head. Good luck!!
kla912000 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, good to know. I just remember when I used to fly this little beast that I would always have problems getting the center hub to be true right out of the package.

I was one of the early adopters with this particular heli. This was before any CNC parts were available and we were actually throwing Blade cp/pro CNC on our head setups.

Well all these years later I look at the head and think that I am actually having binding issues going on that I didnt notice back in the early days with this heli. Using the wrong mix of parts looks like the helicopter can get into situations where the flybar doesn't have free full range of movement due to the linkages binding up on those rectangular paddles that go around the blade grips.

I'll try out the swashplate and blade grips and revert everything back to stock. This really was/is a fun little heli to play around with. Mine is setup pretty extreme and actually has the nickname "Satan's chopper" at the shop where I work because of how twitchy it is. The throttle curves need to be adjusted or something because when you carefully give it throttle, it likes to jump off the ground and come at the pilot LOL

Thanks
Joseph T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is a good heli after you get it set up right and get the tail locked in. I have mine bound to a Turnigy 9x and love the way it flies since I'm able to adjust my curves. Good luck with the head. Hope all goes well.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph T. View Post
Thanks for the info, good to know. I just remember when I used to fly this little beast that I would always have problems getting the center hub to be true right out of the package.

I was one of the early adopters with this particular heli. This was before any CNC parts were available and we were actually throwing Blade cp/pro CNC on our head setups.

Well all these years later I look at the head and think that I am actually having binding issues going on that I didnt notice back in the early days with this heli. Using the wrong mix of parts looks like the helicopter can get into situations where the flybar doesn't have free full range of movement due to the linkages binding up on those rectangular paddles that go around the blade grips.

I'll try out the swashplate and blade grips and revert everything back to stock. This really was/is a fun little heli to play around with. Mine is setup pretty extreme and actually has the nickname "Satan's chopper" at the shop where I work because of how twitchy it is. The throttle curves need to be adjusted or something because when you carefully give it throttle, it likes to jump off the ground and come at the pilot LOL

Thanks
Even on stock rotor heads that slider that moves up and down on the rotor head will sometimes bind up on you when it raises, that could be why it pops up like that because it suddenly unbinds.
Or it's pitch/swash adjustment, where it'll have a lot of negative pitch and then go into positive, but that is usually after running up the throttle high, then it hits positive pitch all the sudden...
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I never had much luck with the sr I moved past it to other models
dcarboni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2015, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

IF you could Put the CFX 300 FBL head on the SR's 4mm main shaft, then put a belt tail on it and decent servos, it would be a nice heli.

Mine is parked today because of the sticking pitch thing.
I enjoyed mine until I started wanting to crank the head speed up so it would flip easier.

With high head speed I couldn't get the head to quit sticking.
I wonder what size mainshaft CFX 300 has?

Better yet just keep your eyes peeled for a used CFX 300 or Gaui X2.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just in case you wanna revert to the stock head...

[ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-Blade-SR-Electric-R-C-Helicopter-Complete-Flybarred-Head-Assembly-/291468931774?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dce6 f2be[/ame]
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2015, 08:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
IF you could Put the CFX 300 FBL head on the SR's 4mm main shaft, then put a belt tail on it and decent servos, it would be a nice heli.

Better yet just keep your eyes peeled for a used CFX 300 or Gaui X2.
I agree, I have spent lots of time with my SR, I like it but the head is the first thing that has to go. Then the tail.
Rudy
Old 06-01-2015, 12:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just fly it for what it is....and its actually not a bad heli to fly once set up correct.
I just took the little beast up yesterday after binding and setting it up on my DX8 I just got a few weeks ago, and she flies nice!
She's been sitting on the shelf for a while because I have been flying my 450's/500's, but I still enjoy it when I bring her out of mothballs!
It's what I cut my teeth on CP birds, so she's kinda special to me...
500 Pro DFC
Old 06-01-2015, 02:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with nighttrain. Its not a bad heli at all when setup correctly. I have my SR converted to a Turnigy Rx and fly it with a Turnigy 9x radio. It flies great and I like it as much as my Trex 450 pro.

Hey nighttrain, I see you only have 1 SR now and you got a DX8. Is it workin out better than the DX6i?
Old 06-02-2015, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla912000 View Post
I agree with nighttrain. Its not a bad heli at all when setup correctly. I have my SR converted to a Turnigy Rx and fly it with a Turnigy 9x radio. It flies great and I like it as much as my Trex 450 pro.

Hey nighttrain, I see you only have 1 SR now and you got a DX8. Is it workin out better than the DX6i?
Yeah I sold my all stock SR&stock radio a while back. Wasn't flying it much compaired to the DX6i controlled one. The radios make a lot better flyer outta these birds!
So far I love the DX8! All sorts of different controllability settings one can use. I got a great deal on it is the reason I bought it...$150.00 shipped! So since I have one now I figure I'll begin switching my other heli's over...so far with the SR bound to it its a sweet flier!
500 Pro DFC
Old 06-03-2015, 03:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain06 View Post
Yeah I sold my all stock SR&stock radio a while back. Wasn't flying it much compaired to the DX6i controlled one. The radios make a lot better flyer outta these birds!
So far I love the DX8! All sorts of different controllability settings one can use. I got a great deal on it is the reason I bought it...$150.00 shipped! So since I have one now I figure I'll begin switching my other heli's over...so far with the SR bound to it its a sweet flier!
Good deal! Can't beat that price.

You are deffinately right about flying these birds with a good radio. Ever since you helped me get my SR set up and bound to my 9x it has made a world of difference. It flies so much better than with the stock radio. I can do things with the SR/9x that I never would have even tried with the stock radio.

I couldn't be more greatful!!!! I'm glad everything is workin out good for you.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good deal! Can't beat that price.

You are deffinately right about flying these birds with a good radio. Ever since you helped me get my SR set up and bound to my 9x it has made a world of difference. It flies so much better than with the stock radio. I can do things with the SR/9x that I never would have even tried with the stock radio.

I couldn't be more greatful!!!! I'm glad everything is workin out good for you.
Your very welcome! So many have given up on this bird and that's too bad.
It can be difficult and as you say that stock radio isn't the best for a rookie.
But as for myself it's sure taught me a great deal about moving deeper into CP's and the hobby.....

I mainly bought the DX8, well for one the price was right...but I'd planned on moving up to either a DX9, or 8 in the future just happened sooner.
But I love the functions of the 8 already. Very nice radio! It even came with a lipo pack! And it lasts forever on a charge!

Back to the SR though, I guess this heli is perfect for us that like to tinker, and have some patients, because it sure tried mine in the beginning.
But as far as I'm concerned it has made me a better flier and able to grasp setup and the importance of this!
500 Pro DFC
Old 06-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Your very welcome! So many have given up on this bird and that's too bad.
It can be difficult and as you say that stock radio isn't the best for a rookie.
But as for myself it's sure taught me a great deal about moving deeper into CP's and the hobby.....

I mainly bought the DX8, well for one the price was right...but I'd planned on moving up to either a DX9, or 8 in the future just happened sooner.
But I love the functions of the 8 already. Very nice radio! It even came with a lipo pack! And it lasts forever on a charge!

Back to the SR though, I guess this heli is perfect for us that like to tinker, and have some patients, because it sure tried mine in the beginning.
But as far as I'm concerned it has made me a better flier and able to grasp setup and the importance of this!
I couldn't have said it any better. The SR takes a lot of patience, and a lot of know how as far as set up and collective management.

Once you learn to fly the SR you can fly just about anything.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I couldn't have said it any better. The SR takes a lot of patience, and a lot of know how as far as set up and collective management.

Once you learn to fly the SR you can fly just about anything.
Hope your doing well my friend! Have you acquired anymore birds?
500 Pro DFC
Old 06-04-2015, 03:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hope your doing well my friend! Have you acquired anymore birds?
Doing real well, thank you, and same to you.

The only new heli I've added to my collection since the last time I talked to you is another mCPX. That makes 3 mCPX's, 2 Nano CPX's, the SR, a Trex 450 Pro, a HK 450 GT, and a couple FP 4ch birds. Would love to get a 500/550 but funds just don't allow at the moment.

How is everything down your way?
Old 06-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Doing real well, thank you, and same to you.

The only new heli I've added to my collection since the last time I talked to you is another mCPX. That makes 3 mCPX's, 2 Nano CPX's, the SR, a Trex 450 Pro, a HK 450 GT, and a couple FP 4ch birds. Would love to get a 500/550 but funds just don't allow at the moment.

How is everything down your way?
Good now that the monsoons have stopped! My field I fly at has been flooded and waiting for the water to recede, so very little flights have taken place here in the last month or so....:-(
Yes I can say the cost goes up a lot once you go up to the 500 series heli's.
Although this newest 500 I just built was by waiting patiently for the right price, and parts to assemble it, and it ended up not being as expensive to build. I'm still waiting on a flybar lock that I ordered to get here so I can finish the setup.

I've also aquired a Walkera V120D02, w/radio, and man what a sweet flying little heli! I use it for around the house in and outside. It is a blast
To fly!
Glad to hear all is well on your side of the country!
Keep in touch!
500 Pro DFC
Old 06-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good now that the monsoons have stopped! My field I fly at has been flooded and waiting for the water to recede, so very little flights have taken place here in the last month or so....:-(
Yes I can say the cost goes up a lot once you go up to the 500 series heli's.
Although this newest 500 I just built was by waiting patiently for the right price, and parts to assemble it, and it ended up not being as expensive to build. I'm still waiting on a flybar lock that I ordered to get here so I can finish the setup.

I've also aquired a Walkera V120D02, w/radio, and man what a sweet flying little heli! I use it for around the house in and outside. It is a blast
To fly!
Glad to hear all is well on your side of the country!
Keep in touch!
Yeah the Walkera 120 d02s is a nice bird. I almost got one but got a very good deal on my newest mCPX bl from a guy that got in a little farther than he could handle. Bad for him but good for me.

Forgot to mention that I also got a Dromida Ominus Quad to play around with. Its very easy to fly but pretty fun and almost indestructible. Its a pretty nice little quad for $79.

Glad to hear all is well. Happy flying!!!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah the Walkera 120 d02s is a nice bird. I almost got one but got a very good deal on my newest mCPX bl from a guy that got in a little farther than he could handle. Bad for him but good for me.

Forgot to mention that I also got a Dromida Ominus Quad to play around with. Its very easy to fly but pretty fun and almost indestructible. Its a pretty nice little quad for $79.

Glad to hear all is well. Happy flying!!!
Oh yeah I got the Nano QX quad, they are fun to buzz around the house for sure....yeah I was eyeing the MCPXbl when I got this Walkera...still may buy one sometime though.....🚁
500 Pro DFC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in