Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just an update on tonight's progress. I got some acetone and was able to get the bearing that I got some CA in, removed. I also got another bearing removed from my previous torque tube and it felt much better, so I used that one and threw the other one with some CA in it away. It just didn't feel smooth anymore.

So I got the torque tube squared away. Then I went back to the noise with the transmission. I looked more and more, and well I decided to change the mushroom gears out, and see what that felt like. The mesh of the mushroom gears was much tighter, but not too tight, very little slop, but just a small amount. So then I took the transmission and I put the spur gear to the 54t and I rolled it back any forth and I could feel and hear the noise I've been tracking down. So then I grabbed my 52t gear and did the same, and it was much quieter!! Just to make sure, I grabbed my 13t spur gear and rolled them with the 52t, smooth, then the 54t and the noise was back. So I've pretty much narrowed it to the 54t gear.

My thinking is as long as it's not too tight, the gears will wear in and become smooth. Can I, or should I put anything on the gears, some lube or something to help with break in, or just leave them dry?

I ran out of time, but will have that part installed, and then finish the tail. Now to get some new mains ordered, and I think I'm going to change the dampening to just a tad bit softer, as I'm planing on running low head speed with the E5s.
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should check out the progressive dampening system over at FblRotors.com you can mix the three different orings to make a dampener as hard or soft as you like without buying multiple dampeners it's pretty cool.
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Frequency is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 06:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
You should check out the progressive dampening system over at FblRotors.com you can mix the three different orings to make a dampener as hard or soft as you like without buying multiple dampeners it's pretty cool.
I have that system here to install on my E5s. I already have it in my E7SE and loving it!
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Isn't it a cool idea. I love the stuff Ralph comes up with. I live near him and I ordered the N5 turnbuckles when I needed the N5c ones and he invited me over to his place to get the right ones. He does everything right out of his garage. He then wanted me to try basically everything that he made if I hadn't already bought it from him he gave it to me. He's a really cool guy and his backyard is perfect for flying he told me one of these days when we both can find time to head over and fly. When you meet someone like that it's hard to not want to tell everyone about his products.
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Frequency is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in