Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation New CX2 Out of Control - My nightmare

Using the DX6i to "trim" my brand new CX2 Main Motor Proportion Mix Trimmer Pot following the instruction that when you adjust this pot you must remove power - make adjustment - then reconnect the battery. I was doing OK and slowly getting in trim when after a few trims I had no throttle power. Elevator and aileron controls seem to be working OK so thought maybe I needed to "re-bind" the receiver. When I released the "trainer switch" the heli went straight up at full power hit the ceiling and broke the rear plastic body and one upper blade. I did have the throttle at its low position. I ordered new parts and a few extra "things".

Received parts and replaced upper rotor blades. Installed the heat sink to reduce over-heating of motors suggested in the manual. Same problem as before when trying to re-bind the heli it went to the ceiling full power. Bent the fly bar, broke both upper blades and not sure what else. At this point I'm discouraged, disgusted and don't even want to look at the CX2. Don't know why this heli is doing this??? Maybe a defective PTC Resettable Fuse?

Anyone interested in buying it? I'm done with the CX2. Included is a LP5DSM transmitter, three 2S 7.4V 800mAh lipo batteries, E-flite balancing charger, set of upper blades (1 pr), set of lwr blades (2 pr), Battery support set, Body Rod and Grommet set, new Rear Body, Canopy OK plus manual. Make me an offer I can't refuse. Please send me a PM if your interested. I'm going to stick with my mcx that I can fly and my new mcpx which I can hover pretty good and not worry whether the heli will throttle up. Cheers Don
KonaDon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the CX2 and CX3 are the same platform just different body styles. You might want to review this as it concerns setting up a CX3 with a DX6i radio. It sounds like you have your throttle channel backwards or something.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/blade-cx3-tips.html

Might help.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My bad and my apoligizes to Horizon and the CX2. I woke up at 5 a.m.this morning and BIND PLUG was in my head. So the throttle problem was a human defect not a product defect. I DIDN'T USE THE BIND PLUG and, I'm sure, this is what caused the full trottle stright to the ceiling. So the bottom line of this story is now you know what can happen when you do not use the bind plug and follow instructions. So if I haven't completly destroyed this heli I guess I will give it one more try and hope the third time is the charm. Cheers Don
Old 12-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

you don't need the heat sink for the motors if i get a chance ill take a picture of the canopy mod i did that will allow the counter rotating blades to cool the motors without the added weight
Flatearthman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaDon View Post
My bad and my apoligizes to Horizon and the CX2. I woke up at 5 a.m.this morning and BIND PLUG was in my head. So the throttle problem was a human defect not a product defect. I DIDN'T USE THE BIND PLUG and, I'm sure, this is what caused the full trottle stright to the ceiling. So the bottom line of this story is now you know what can happen when you do not use the bind plug and follow instructions. So if I haven't completly destroyed this heli I guess I will give it one more try and hope the third time is the charm. Cheers Don
I was going to post, asking if you had installed the bind plug, but I assumed you had did this procedure before and knew. One other thing is, you not only have to have the throttle lever in the lowest postion, but also the throttle trim setting has to be at the lowest setting. Otherwise the servos will respond, but the motors will not. Good Luck!
whirlydude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the comments.
Whirlydude: Yeah you know what "ass-u-me" means but seriously thanks for the info for low stick and trim requirements. I did know about that. Stupid mistake about the bind plug. Been playing around too long with mini's that bind without a bind plug. Get careless and you pay.

Flatearthman: I have allready installed the heat sink but would be interested in pictures showing your method to cool the motors. Cheers Don
Old 12-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i just have to figure out how to post a picture here :-(
Old 12-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatearthman View Post
well i just have to figure out how to post a picture here :-(
Click on "reply" to his post. Then click the attachment paper clip, when that window opens, click "browse" and find your photo in your computer.
Then click upload. When it finishes close the window and submit reply. When your post appears the photo will be there.

If you want to test it, there's a section on the main forum page, way at the bottom, to use for test posts.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info :-)

Tags
mcpx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in