Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 550X

Blade 550X Blade 550X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree WBFair. It looks like a really nice heli, for Blade. But Align is proven and reliable. What's good about this move is Blade will get more people more involved with RC Helis on a serious level. Cudos for that!!
timdknowlton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #62 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
I'm not sure how this is contributing to "fun, learning, and mutual respect"??
For the ways you guys do things, could say the same in return, and btw good job on playing the "get the guy who posted things that don't help us sell our stuff in trouble with mods" card.

Not surprised that you have to go there.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking at the manual I see above HH really did a great job on it. Easy to follow looks good. I can't wait to see how this fly's plus I can't wait to see if more kit sizes to come. Great job on the Manual.....
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #64 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogupgo View Post
Looking at the manual I see above HH really did a great job on it. Easy to follow looks good. I can't wait to see how this fly's plus I can't wait to see if more kit sizes to come. Great job on the Manual.....
Well, mean no lack of "fun, learning, and mutual respect" but you don't fly or possibly get hit in the face by the manual.

Also was briefly looking over it myself and was just wondering if you could point out the page and part to me that explains how to make the adjustments to the ESC...or the BEC for say things like the LVC adjustment?

Or the part that gives me the max amps the ESC and can handle, or the volts level the BEC is?

Also wondering if you could show me the part of what the max the motor will draw and for what under a brief load?

Also was wonder if you tell me the part that tells me what Head Speed the helo is and or at least should be run at and under the various settings of Norm, ST-1, ST-2?

As well was wondering if you could show me where it shows how to even connect up the BEC?

Also a few other small observations, see there is a little box of what servos to hook up to the AR7200, but Aligns manuals have actual nice pictures and diagrams that show the wiring.

Also they include the manuals for all the parts it comes with is details for those for lots of the additional stuff like actually how to mechanically setup the servos and links on the helo in regards to the FBL/AR7200, and other in depth setup stuff for the it, but in this one just says refer to the manual for that.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
For the ways you guys do things, could say the same in return, and btw good job on playing the "get the guy who posted things that don't help us sell our stuff in trouble with mods" card.

Not surprised that you have to go there.
Agreed 100%, that's just childish.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WBFAir - I can tell you have a problem with HH, I did not see in the manual either where the settings are on the BEC. That does not mean it will not be in the kit when it comes out. Contact HH and ask them, sure they will give them to you if that is bothering you. Give them a chance to get the bird out a least. Boy everyone is attacking something they have no clue how it will fly. I think it is cool they are coming out with kits give everyone lots of options.

If I listen to everyone that had a problem with the 130X and not judge for myself I would not be enjoying my 300 flight of fun on it.

WOW HH comes out with a new kit and everyone starts ripping them. WTH...
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure whoever buys it will need to spend another $500 in electronics and airframe mods to get it to fly correctly!!

PASS.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did anyone notice the tick-tocks were not very tight in the video. I saw a lot of spinning moves but not a lot of 'power' moves. I wonder if the motor could be underpowered.

I too welcome the blade pro line. Blade got me hooked. I have several and no other brand yet.

Looking at the two competing combos:

T-REX 550E DFC Combo
Price USD$905.99 without 3GX (list price)
Add in AR7200 BX $240 = $1140 The Blade 550X Pro Kit is $999 and includes AR7200BX.

The price is really really close..

The motor is Align 1220kv vs Blade 1366kv. Is that substantial?

The question is performance and whether there is any design flaws in a v1.0 product. Is it reasonable that the kit should be cheaper, at least initially, to sway people to try it out? And if there are design flaws, how many after market parts will you have to buy to fix them?
helifred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinLarry View Post
I'm sure whoever buys it will need to spend another $500 in electronics and airframe mods to get it to fly correctly!!

PASS.
Please clarify.
What product are you referring to (it) and what is the $500 spent on??

Thanks!
David
Old 12-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #70 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogupgo View Post
WBFAir - I can tell you have a problem with HH, I did not see in the manual either where the settings are on the BEC. That does not mean it will not be in the kit when it comes out. Contact HH and ask them, sure they will give them to you if that is bothering you. Give them a chance to get the bird out a least. Boy everyone is attacking something they have no clue how it will fly. I think it is cool they are coming out with kits give everyone lots of options.

If I listen to everyone that had a problem with the 130X and not judge for myself I would not be enjoying my 300 flight of fun on it.

WOW HH comes out with a new kit and everyone starts ripping them. WTH...
Wouldn't say I have as much of a problem with them but actual and long term experience with them.

And with every one of their things that comes out, see all their guys coming out then and coming to the boards and putting out all kinds of look how great this latest thing we made is, and going through all the build up to get so many to buy it.

Then it comes out and turns out to be a piece of junk and see tons who suffer from it. And also see all those guys too who did all that selling of how great they are and it is...just vanish until the next thing they make comes out.

So after seeing this "always" having been the case and with each time it being said that it wouldn't be, but seeing it has, and for so long and so many times, really just can speak from experience here without really the need for it to be out yet.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm referring to the topic of the thread (550X) and I'm talking about the shoddy electronics that people will need to replace (motors, servos, etc) and frame mods people will probably need to do (Like on 300X)

Sorry, you guys just have been going down hill. Every HH product I have owned (Sbach x2, Beast 3D, Edge 540QQ, MCPX, Mig 15, 300X, 400 3d) has had quality issues, fit and finish issues, electronics issues, or a combo of those. Bearings that go bad after 10 flights.. Servos that strip or or lock up, 3n1 boards frying for no reason...

Last was the 300X, I pay almost $400 then I get a bad tail servo that crashes it.. Frame flex beuase the frame is made of rubber, bad bearings in the motor (new owner reported this).. I just think the quality is crap.

Which sucks because I do like your designs, and when they work, they fly well for the most part. The UMX Sbach is one of my favorite planes of all time so don't think I'm busting HH's balls for no reason... I just want quality product when I dish out all that cash.. Not something that I need to do R&D and mod to hell to get it reliable.

rant over.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
And the 130X also flies awesome in the real world!
Was this with a mass Chinees low QC production or a prototype,
because there are a lot of people with several issues out of the box.
Me included.
Still like the heli though, but keeps me thinking mmmhhhhh....
next time...

Grtz.
Olaf
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #73 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Please clarify.
What product are you referring to (it) and what is the $500 spent on??

Thanks!
David
I can't peak for CousinLarry and I'm sure you could care less what I think as I'm just one of your customers and also one apparently on your ignore list as I wont play along, but for me the two out three helos I have of yours, the Cx2 and most recently the 130...well can't replace the electronics even if I wanted to, but for all other parts of the helo and in reciprocal to is size and initial cost, that number is right on the money if not well over more so in the parts I have to replace with upgrades.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree about the 3-in-1 board frying for no reason on my mcpx.

And also my mcpx bogs and then cuts off the power and my heli falls from the sky for no reason.
helifred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

PS
Untangling Christmas lights get me P.. off
Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinLarry View Post
I'm referring to the topic of the thread (550X) and I'm talking about the shoddy electronics that people will need to replace (motors, servos, etc) and frame mods people will probably need to do (Like on 300X)

Sorry, you guys just have been going down hill. Every HH product I have owned (Sbach x2, Beast 3D, Edge 540QQ, MCPX, Mig 15, 300X, 400 3d) has had quality issues, fit and finish issues, electronics issues, or a combo of those. Bearings that go bad after 10 flights.. Servos that strip or or lock up, 3n1 boards frying for no reason...

Last was the 300X, I pay almost $400 then I get a bad tail servo that crashes it.. Frame flex beuase the frame is made of rubber, bad bearings in the motor (new owner reported this).. I just think the quality is crap.

Which sucks because I do like your designs, and when they work, they fly well for the most part. The UMX Sbach is one of my favorite planes of all time so don't think I'm busting HH's balls for no reason... I just want quality product when I dish out all that cash.. Not something that I need to do R&D and mod to hell to get it reliable.

rant over.
I am sorry you have had troubles... I hope you contacted support and got good service. (Many of the products you mention are my favorites.)
As my other post notes, the servos, Rx, and motor have been on the market already for some time, and as far as I know have very good reputations. This are very high open stock 'expert' items.
The ESC and BEC are new, and have tested VERY well. HH Support stands behind our products.

The motor is here... available now... made with the highest quality materials. High tier supplier.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...0kv-EFLM60550A

The servos are open stock (call it mid-high end) SPM servos and have been in use for some time. High tier supplier.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...peed-SPMSH6040
Titanium gears!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...rvo-SPMSH6080G

I am still just struggling to understand which components you feel folks will need to replace for $500.

Best Regards and enjoy,
David
Old 12-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvdP View Post
Was this with a mass Chinees low QC production or a prototype,
because there are a lot of people with several issues out of the box.
Me included.
Still like the heli though, but keeps me thinking mmmhhhhh....
next time...

Grtz.
Olaf
Yes, this was with out of the warehouse production units. I think the majority of customers agree the 130X flies extremely well.. best in class flight characteristics.

Good luck with the lights.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #78 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
I am still just struggling to understand which components you feel folks will need to replace for $500.

Best Regards and enjoy,
David
Well isn't all that surprising Dave as you are the guy looking to sell us this the stuff you make, an get us to buy it.

Perhaps if you were the one of the ones who had to suffer through all the things we have had to suffer through with all the stuff you have already sold us in the past....you would understand.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am sorry you have had troubles... I hope you contacted support and got good service. (Many of the products you mention are my favorites.)
As my other post notes, the servos, Rx, and motor have been on the market already for some time, and as far as I know have very good reputations. This are very high open stock 'expert' items.
The ESC and BEC are new, and have tested VERY well. HH Support stands behind our products.

The motor is here... available now... made with the highest quality materials. High tier supplier.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...0kv-EFLM60550A

The servos are open stock (call it mid-high end) SPM servos and have been in use for some time. High tier supplier.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...peed-SPMSH6040
Titanium gears!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...rvo-SPMSH6080G

Best Regards and enjoy,
David
dribbe, you're wasting your time trying to convince the haters! Just keep improving the product line, as you guys have been doing, and the respect will come, or not! Who cares? Oh, and release a 130x v2 and I'll jump on that bandwagon in a second, lol!
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Best Regards and enjoy,
David
For starters, if you want to run gov mode a Kontronik Jive 80 hv will set you back ~$400.

Personally I would not run a 550mm bladed heli on less than 8-10s. So, another $2-300 for a good lower kv motor.

I would like to see the kit offered without the power system (motor, esc, and bec) for ~$400.

Overall, still looks very good imho.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
550 x, 550x, blade, kit, pro series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in