Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Blade CP+ Ditch it?

Long time reader, first time poster.

Guys,

Well, I guess you would classify me as a newbie. I have mastered the Blade CX and CX2. Like most of us, I sought to move up to a better performing chopper, one that I could eventually fly 3D with. With limited knowledge and no CCPM experience, I bought the next model up in the E-Flite series, believing it was the way to go.

Here I am, one month and 500 dollars later, and I cannot fly the thing whatsoever. I have tried Radd's school and cannot progress past the fourth battery because I cannot tune the chopper for crap. Every time I fly the thing it breaks, even if I don't crash it. I flew it just now and the left rear servo and the tail motor burned out at the same time! It is completely unstable, and still flies backward all the time even though the battery is all the way forward. It is a ZERO wind helicopter (which annoys me because I live in Florida). There are so many other things I could bitch about.......

Should I ditch this thing and find a new chopper? Is there anything better for me out there at a comparable price? Is it me?

Help!
The_Russian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

It is not ALL you, but mostly you.

Seriously I took the same path as you, although I can 'hover' and to some tail in movements without crashing most of the time. But as I am learning and this thing breaks easy, I got tired of dumping money into it. I have not ditched it, but put on a shelf until I can fly better. Sounds like yours is way out of whack too....when you are ready for it you should have an experienced pilot look it over for you.

I now have a B400 too, but I dont do any 'training' on it, just hover. I recommend the Honey Bee FP you can get it RTF for less then 100.00 and it can take a punishment and when things do break its pretty cheap to repair. Only problem is it will not handle the wind like the blade cp cause it is lighter, the blade cp (if set up correctly) will do okay in the wind. For me, its just too expensive to learn on.
LockMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks!

I ordered a Honey Bee FP on Ebay last night. It was only 66 bucks! That is less than I would have to pay to fix my blade right now.
The_Russian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

I know, huh!

this has been the cheapest, yet most fun. And I am LEARNING so once my thumbs are better I will go back to it with more confidence. Good Luck.
LockMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I too started on the Blade CX. I then upgraded to the Blade CP just like you. YES, it's REALLY frustrating! I've been flying it off and on for about a year...can hover like a champ....in my garage, but still fight it the entire time. I had to upgrade to dual tail motor and that helped greatly. But just after Christmas, I bit the bullet and got a TREX 450 SE v2. Man o man what a difference! In just about a months time, I can hover in all orientations, fast forward flight, figure 8's and did my first loop last weekend. The larger heli and the HH gyro makes all the difference in the world!

But I have to say a simulator was the BEST investment I made.....it helped me greatly with nose-in hovering and hovering in general.

Good luck!
Skarn
Skarn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2008, 04:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Russian View Post
Long time reader, first time poster.

Guys,

Well, I guess you would classify me as a newbie. I have mastered the Blade CX and CX2. Like most of us, I sought to move up to a better performing chopper, one that I could eventually fly 3D with. With limited knowledge and no CCPM experience, I bought the next model up in the E-Flite series, believing it was the way to go.

Here I am, one month and 500 dollars later, and I cannot fly the thing whatsoever. I have tried Radd's school and cannot progress past the fourth battery because I cannot tune the chopper for crap. Every time I fly the thing it breaks, even if I don't crash it. I flew it just now and the left rear servo and the tail motor burned out at the same time! It is completely unstable, and still flies backward all the time even though the battery is all the way forward. It is a ZERO wind helicopter (which annoys me because I live in Florida). There are so many other things I could bitch about.......

Should I ditch this thing and find a new chopper? Is there anything better for me out there at a comparable price? Is it me?

Help!
I started with the CX2, then I got a CP+. Big mistake, the CP+ is so hard to fly. So I gave in and got a used Trex 450 SE V1. Couldn't be happier. The Trex is so much easier to fly and once you make the initial purchase, the repairs are actually CHEAPER than the CP+. For example, the replacement blades for the Trex is cheaper than the CP+ blades.

So don't ditch it, keep the CP+ for practice. If you can fly the CP+, you can fly anything. I know its expensive, but you should get a Trex 450 SE V1 or V2. The Trex SE models have metal parts, so it usually won't break in a crash (compared to plastic parts). You can also consider the new Blade 400, but I've the setup can be frustrating. I would look for a used Trex 450 SE at your local hobby shop.
speed808 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

The Russian

Should you ditch the CP and get another heli?

If you can find someone to buy it, Definitely!!

I still have my Blade CP but it is down for parts. Unfortunately that is all too often the case with this heli (at least from my experience). I bought mine used and like you dumped way to much $$$ into it! I started out with a coaxial and quickly became bored with it as my skills developed. I did a ton of research to see if there was a better alternative to the Blade CP and that's when I found out about the E-sky Honeybee King!! Most of the info I found at runryder.com. I purchased the Belt CP (this is a bigger 400 size comparable to the Blade 400) and could not have been happier. The King is the same size as the Blade CP (300 size) but costs less and outperforms the Blade CP!!

If you are serious about staying in this hobby I highly suggest you check out runryder.com to see what all the fuss is about.

You won't be disappointed!!

If you have money growing on a tree, I would suggest buying the T-rex, but if your like most of us who have a budget, get the E-sky King or Belt CP!!!!!
mprice_77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Been there, done that too (Blade CX to Blade CPP to T-Rex 450). Almost gave up on helis while trying to fly the CP, then saw the light and got a T-Rex. Even after becoming proficient with the T-Rex, I still couldn't control the CP. I could have tried to sell the little beast, but I couldn't bear to put anyone else through the pain i had experienced. So one day, I punched the throttle to get it as high as quickly as possible. Of course, it immediately started going out of control. I did my best to keep it straight in order to get as much altitude as I could. Then I just let it crash. Still at full throttle, I watched the little SOB flap on the ground like a wounded duck. Kind of sad. After the battery died out, I walked over to the damaged CP and commenced to put it out of its misery by stomping the $h1t out of it! Boy, did I feel much better after that. Kind of like those guys in the movie "Office Space" who trashed that copy machine! :o)
gdbontly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in