Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My 4#3B Arrived.. And Charger.

So my IMAX B6 Charger and 4#3B arrived today.

The charger is great, charges my battery in 1-3 hours (can't say exactly. my partner pulled the damn plug on me twice once the alarm went off they were done.. man that pissed me off.). Beat the hell out of waiting 16 hours with the Esky charger, can finally retire that bugger for my used.

As for my 4#3B.. I'm not a fan.. I couldn't hover it for god sakes, it just flops over on it's side no matter how much stick or sensitivity I adjust it to have or not to have. Then once I got it going, the kitten came over and swotted it down into the ground..

The icing on the cake was one of the leads magically flying off my ESC's motor. To small to solider so I'm grounded already from poorly soldiered leads. Not really impressed, though eager to go at it more, if I could. Will have to wait and see if eHirobo will send me a new one or not.

My partner came home, seen it and instantly went outside and tried to fly it, which was pretty cool.. She was no better then me with it.. spool up.. FLOP... lol Wish the big birds can just chicken dance then sit back up and fly again like that thing can.

Sigh.. Ah well, took the 500 out after that and flew her real high... Good fun.. Will be flying it twice a day or more now..
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

what! ah man that sucks! um dont know what your set up is but my swash is leaning way down to the right to counter the left torque the heli spits out. i have learnt that on a fixed pitch heli that a level swash is not important. i can take a pic and send it to ya if you want. b4 i did that mine did the same thing just right over on its side no matter what i did! now all better!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

wannahover is absolutely correct, adjust the swash as he describes. every adjustment is critical on this size heli, your cg needs to be spot on.

once you have it set up, you can achieve a throttle up only take off, here's a vid of mine w/ b/h mod

when the heli goes off screen is when i touch the cyclics

4#3B Full Brushless Bell Hiller Modification (1 min 12 sec)
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Miek, told you they are twitchy!!!!!!!! You'll feel like you're moving the sticks at mach 1 just to keep up.
Tomstoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol, the video was for showing the b/h mod and the control it provides especially in ground effect. It is much more stable than the video shows
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

richard! whats up man! what u doing on a esky forum! hahaha that awesome. hey diggin the lights thats cool. is there details on the bh mod in the 4#3 forum?
Old 08-15-2009, 02:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2TheEYo View Post
So my IMAX B6 Charger and 4#3B arrived today.

The charger is great, charges my battery in 1-3 hours (can't say exactly. my partner pulled the damn plug on me twice once the alarm went off they were done.. man that pissed me off.). Beat the hell out of waiting 16 hours with the Esky charger, can finally retire that bugger for my used.

You can allways safely charge a LiPo in about 1 hour. If your battery is 2200mah just charge with 2.2amps if its 3000mah charge with 3amps. See ?
Some batteries can take a faster charge but will reduce its life.

I also got a better/annoyed half that canīt stand those beeps. Took me a while to notice that the Imax can disable beeps for keypresses. It will still beep when starting and ending a charging though.
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Mike! LOL, i didn't even notice it was eSky just saw the subject of 4#3B

well i'm also a hbfp guy have like four of them of different configs, they're pretty kewl.

yeah, the b/h mod is in the 4#3 thread
Old 08-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh yea forgot about that
Old 08-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks folks.

I thought about tilting the swash but didn't think it'd help I'll have to do that then, thanks!

Now only if I could fly the thing, the ESC motor leads came off and eHirobo is being a bitch and not sending me a replacement. They told me to solder them back on, way to small to be done. I'll do it and say it's wonky just so they bloody replace it like there suppose to to begin with.

@ Tjomp - haha thanks, I'm a complete fool when it comes to the detail specs on these lipo batteries, they pretty much define everything I know about all the batteries I've worked with before.

AREN'T THOSE BEEPS HORRIBLE? Holy crap.. I disabled them right away.. lmfao
Old 08-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have flown mine 4 times already today! did a header into the couch!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mine got about 10 flights the first day up until the ESC screwed off in it.. I'm surprised nothing broke.. It spent more time chicken dancing then anything.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
It spent more time chicken dancing then anything.
Nice, 3D at ground level...
Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

EXACTLY..

I think the best maneuver was it being on it side, then flipping back up on it's skids..

Maybe I should try that on my 500? (LMFAO)
Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
EXACTLY..

I think the best maneuver was it being on it side, then flipping back up on it's skids..

Maybe I should try that on my 500? (LMFAO)
Absolutely, and make sure your video camera is running !
It really is easier as you think, just try it Mike, trust me ! (or maybe better not...)
Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

So um.. I tried it.. Good news is I don't have to dig those trenches for the foots for the new deck.. Bad news, my flybar is sorta misaligned now.. and my blades are vaporized... not to mention my main gear would make a better spare tire for a RC car too.

(lmfao kidding).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in