Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I decided to try and set this auto mode up just for kicks and giggles. Bob is correct it will not function with a flat 30 normal throttle curve, it must have 0 at the first point which essentially takes away one of your 3d curves at least with DX7. Thence it takes some bizarre switch changing to get it back into soft start think I will just go back to my 3 headspeed 3D throttle curves and forgo this about to grenade fast spoolup.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

sar,

Who really needs three Stunt modes? I see it as a luxury, not a necessity. Coming from nitro, Normal flight mode was necessary for starting and spooling up. Standard practice was to spool up in normal mode, lift off and then immediately switch to Stunt mode.

Now that I'm electric, I still have a Normal mode and two Stunt modes. Unless I'm going to do an aerobatic take-off, I still spool up in Normal mode. I don't have a desire to have a third stunt mode.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was just mentioning it as a point of fact. With 7 channel radio you lose one if you want this bailout faster spool thingy. Myself if I have to auto its gonna probably not be a good outcome in any case and its not gonna be pretty . More thought on it think I shall just go back to my 3 solid 3D headspeeds not that I am capable of doing much with any of them…

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by sarpilot; 09-28-2012 at 07:55 AM..
sarpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
sar,

Who really needs three Stunt modes? I see it as a luxury, not a necessity. Coming from nitro, Normal flight mode was necessary for starting and spooling up. Standard practice was to spool up in normal mode, lift off and then immediately switch to Stunt mode.

Now that I'm electric, I still have a Normal mode and two Stunt modes. Unless I'm going to do an aerobatic take-off, I still spool up in Normal mode. I don't have a desire to have a third stunt mode.
Welcome to Electric City. That explains it.....
In electric land we spool midstick in idle up…
:bang

Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well now that it is all setup I guess I will try your method Bob. Guess I better change the normal pitch curve from linear to maybe -5 at the bottom so it doesn't start flinging stuff everywhere on spoolup. What kind of headspeed change rate you running on your 6HV?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #26 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sent from my phone
Old 09-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Sent from my phone
Ty sir… what kind of normal pitch curve are you running? I'm copying from everyone else might as well copy from you as well…

Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #28 (permalink)

My HF Map location

LOL!

My normal pitch curve has gone unchanged from the day I started flying. 40-45-50-75-100

BTW, I don't "fly" in normal mode.

Sent from my phone
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
LOL!

My normal pitch curve has gone unchanged from the day I started flying. 40-45-50-75-100

BTW, I don't "fly" in normal mode.

Sent from my phone
I think that is pretty close to how my 450 and 600 are currently setup. I concur normal I only use for testing/tracking etc.
Thx

Old 12-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have followed Bobs setup video to the T and cannot get it to calibrate. I have a 700 Goblin, with a CC 160, running a 2s lipo direct to the beastx.
I set my throttle curve to 0-50-100, end points at 30 on high and low, full throttle on the stick, plug in Rx pack, plug in main pack. I get the 12 tones for cell count, increase high side end point and listen for a tone but I get to the top range of end point and still hear no tone. I made sure I have no sub trim, no throttle hold, and my trim is in neutral possition, I even rebound the transmitter. What am I missing here? Is the issue with the beastx? can I just use a seperate Rx for calibrating then plug back into the beastx when calibrated?
#1 Goblin 770 Pyro 800-48-480kv, HW V4, Ikon 2
#2 Goblin 500 Xnova 4020-2Y-1200kv, HW V3,Ikon 2
#3 Goblin 380 Quantum 880kv, HW 100 V3, Ikon 2
snoshoe62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick question. Do you calibrate throttle in fixed endpoints checked on castle or governor?
zosek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

You do it with endpoints and with a linear throttle curve. Most of the time it will see 100 percent throttle without needing to change endpoints but if not add until you get the tones. To see 0 throttle you will most likely need to add at the bottom until it is happy, most of mine end up around 120 or so. After calibration you can change your normal throttle curve to 0 30 30 30 30 or whatever you like …

Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine recognizes the high throttle endpoint at 106%, then as I lower the stick it recognizes the low throttle endpoint at 94%, but still on the top half of the throttle range (meaning 94% of the high throttle side, with the stick barely below top maximum. This can't be correct?! It does play both tones to indicate that it recognizes those endpoints at both 106% and 94%, but the motor won't spin. Any suggestions??
naturaly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My low and high end points are 70% low and 94% high. That's when I get the tones.
Brianp82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Castle Ice2 HV 120 and want to use the set rpm in governor mode... Do I have to do this calibration as well then?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Castle Creations Quick Tip videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHuygen View Post
I have a Castle Ice2 HV 120 and want to use the set rpm in governor mode... Do I have to do this calibration as well then?
You only need to set throttle endpoints on initial setup. After that you can change anything you want in the software without affecting calibration setup....

Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpilot View Post
You only need to set throttle endpoints on initial setup. After that you can change anything you want in the software without affecting calibration setup....

And I can do that just out of the box, without any pre-programming of the ESC?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Pretty much... calibrate esc throttle endpoints using a linear throttle curve. After that use the castle link software to enter your motor and gearing info desired headspeed(s) etc. Then reset your throttle curves as the software requires. Most people use "set rpm" mode gives you 3 different governed speeds....

Old 05-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Pretty much... calibrate esc throttle endpoints using a linear throttle curve. After that use the castle link software to enter your motor and gearing info desired headspeed(s) etc. Then reset your throttle curves as the software requires. Most people use "set rpm" mode gives you 3 different governed speeds....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in