Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Quick of Japan

Quick of Japan QJ Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 03:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FINALLY

Finally, a forum for the Quick of Japan helis.

I need to finish modding my frame for the long 6S Outrage packs I have for it.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, I just found our Forum, Thanks Heli Freak!!!

Hey Terry, I am just fixing to decide which batteries to get from Charles. He is going to carry the 6 cells like you have. I will fly the EX and I am going to get me an EP 9 soon and put the 470mm blades on it for auto contests.
I would like to get me a motor like I use to run, Medusa 1300KV, 36mm dia. 50mm long. I run it with a 5 cell battery, 2100 mah. I flew it for over 5 minutes each time.
I may have to go with the 6 cell. I can run the 60mm tall motor then. I hate to put extra wt. on the heli for the auto contests.

Glad to be on the forum.
HL
quickfighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Terry, I need some specs on the Outrage pack you have. That must be the best choice we have.

HL
Old 02-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rumors about Quick of Japan

I would like to post a statement about QofJ rumors. Mr. Iyobe of Japan has been getting and returning my emails. He has told me he makes many parts for many helicopters. He does all his design and machine work himself. He does not have the time to return every email we send him. He does all his setup work on his tooling to make parts.
He has emailed Charles for a shipping address to send Charles's Purchase Order. I thank Mr. Iyobe for his hard work. His design, machine work and the Japanese ball bearings are the things that make the helis give high performance for along time.

HL
Old 02-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default EP 8 and 9 changes?

Terry or anyone, what changes do you think needs to be made that would help the way the 8 or 9 flies?

HL
Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Wanted to say hello...again..lol..

So glad to see we got a spot on the Freak.. Nice to see you made it on here harold..
BB-64 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Randy! I know you can help us get the 8 flying the way we want it. Glad to see you. I will be trying to put some pictures up on the forum soon. I may have a part I need you to help me with.
I think the first thing we need to work on is the head damping on the 8. Mine does good, but I would like to get it a little stiffer for the 3-D I am fixing to learn from you!!

Harold
Old 02-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Randy and Harold in one forum, is that even legal? ;-) Good to reconnect with both of you guys. I've got shots of you boys playing at Joe Nall a couple of different times and when we did the QJ8 review, it was Randy's that was shown upside down.

Mine was upside down once, but it wasn't my intent and it wasn't supposed to land that way either...oops :-)
Old 02-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Greg! Man, I would not say anything if I were you, we have proof how high you can fly, I saw the pictures of you flying the EP8 in the magazine article! And it was not upside down!
It is so good to hear from you, someone mentioned you name the other day and proably will be in touch with you.
The RC people are lucky to have you working in the hobby. You are First Class, I really enjoyed meeting you at the Joe Nall.
We thank you for all your hard work, you make RC equipment better!

HL
Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfighter View Post
I saw the pictures of you flying the EP8 in the magazine article! And it was not upside down!
Well only because the photographer was smart enough to run in time :-)

Quote:
someone mentioned you name the other day and proably will be in touch with you.
Uh oh, I must owe them money :-)

Quote:
We thank you for all your hard work, you make RC equipment better!
Well it's fun to get to test things both pre-production and actual production gear to see what's out there. It really is amazing how much good stuff is available. I think we are living in the "good ol days" now compared to years past.

The other thing I've found is how willing manufacturers and distributors have become to accept constructive criticism when they know confidentiality and honesty are involved. I've enjoyed being candid with them and they're not afraid our private conversations will end up in print. The change in attitude from both the print media and manufacturers have brought us great equipment much sooner than in the old days.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hey Greg, glad to hear from you, hope all is well.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

Go figure me and Harold on the same site.. almost scary isnt it..lol..
Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-64 View Post
Go figure me and Harold on the same site.. almost scary isnt it..lol..
It's a brave new world :-)
Old 02-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

To improve the QJ EP8 EX.....

New much stiffer head damping.
Sloping battery tray to allow new style packs. This would also mean changing some things on the chassis to get correct c of g.
Thrust bearings in the tail grips for high rpm
Carbon or G10 frames
Larger servo mounts to allow for new digital high speed servos
Less weight
Lower price point, yes I know that one is hard, but cheaper = more helis sold= more profit and sustainability long term.
Internet ordering ability
Perhaps a change in gear ratio to allow running 8s 2200 lipo, this would mean that even though the heli is a bit heavy, it would still perform the new style of 3d
Carbon booms and fins as an option
Make the boom and belt long enough to run 430mm blades as standard.

Now I know the list is long, but lets be real, QJ has not changed the design in years, and has fallen behind IMO.
Yes I still like these helis quite a bit, but if even some of these things I listed became standard fitment....
Well then I might have one.

I modded mine a fair bit, and in the end it did 3d better than I thought it would.

Just my thoughts anyway
Old 02-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gorn, I think you are dead on!! That was a good post. We have alot to work on. I like the word Perform, I think that is what we are looking for here. I am going to look at the battery setup. I think we need some design work here. I think we need to make actual wt. comparisons along the way as we go.
We are looking for one thing, "Performance".

that is my opinion.
HL
Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree, Harold. I am looking forward to getting my new QJ8 and start from scratch again. As I build, ideas will flow. Should I share them with you and Charles Pierre??
Henry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Of course, the more input we can get the better. Charles is suppose to get in some new batteries soon which have more mah of power for the room. That is going to extend our run time. I am putting my CC80 ESC in mine now. I am looking for the best servos to go in the EX. I have the 85bbmg in there now. I am going to look today for something the same size, faster and stronger.

Harold
Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Harold
The only decent servo that I got to fit the QJ, was the Ino-Lab 251mg.
Digital, torquey, decent speed, and tough.
They are also a good price compared to JR and Futaba etc etc.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, tonight i just got my EX hovered! I put a new Scorpion HK3026-1000KV performance motor in it. I put the CC bec on 5.2 Volts. It hovered pretty good. It is a little nose heavy and i will trim out the swashplate tomorrow. It weighed 2lbs. 10oz. on and electric digital scale. The motor has alot of power. I had to turn my throttle curve down from 85 to 65. I used the same pinion that i had on the other motor.
I will move my radio batt. back some on the frame tomorrow.
Gorn, I am ready for some good servos now. The only problem is I can not run 6.0 volts on the Futaba 401.

Harold
Old 02-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad to hear all of your work came to a successful flight. I will be working on mine tomorrow and making a list of what will be needed to get it airborne.
Henry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in