Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2015, 06:21 AM   #881 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Did test flight of Spirit FBL on my TDR, and WOW so stable and predictable, feels very close to VBar that did duty since 2009, seriously impressed with the Spirit, rock solid rescue and so easy to set up and tune. All this for $220

I just got a Spirit and have been thinking about what heli to put it on. My main three helis are the TDR, the Faifa and the Triabolo and all three fly great with the Spartan Vortex. I want to put the Spirit on one of them and I am leaning towards the TDR mainly because the wiring is much easier as it will simply fit right where the VX1e is now. (my TDR is a totally stock 2009 model)
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2015, 06:57 AM   #882 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian View Post
I just got a Spirit and have been thinking about what heli to put it on. My main three helis are the TDR, the Faifa and the Triabolo and all three fly great with the Spartan Vortex. I want to put the Spirit on one of them and I am leaning towards the TDR mainly because the wiring is much easier as it will simply fit right where the VX1e is now. (my TDR is a totally stock 2009 model)
I have the Spirit on my TDR and my Diabolo 700.
I have another unit which I will be fitting to my Dune in due course.
Spirit is a great FBL gyro! You will be happy no matter which heli that you decide to install it on I am sure.
Roebellini is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #883 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have now HV2BEC, because the old one, Gryphon Quasar died and also killed Outrage tail servo.
Replaced with MKS 980, the rest of the electronics seem to be fine.
I spent the weekend on tuning the tail and partially Vbar gov.
I still get unequal stop forces on the tail and rotor overspin on descend.
But the MKS servo is better then was the Outrage, still i rate BLS251 as the best.

With my friend (stock TDR) we started flying F3K (DLG) as we wanted something more relaxing, we are both on DX7/DX7SE and the lack of glider programming will probably result in getting DS-16/14...
I noticed the Spirit system can be programmed from Jeti radio, so i am thinking trying the Spirit if we get the Jeti.
From what i seen on the net, the Spirit is quite good (also Czech, nice).

I was not active on HF recently, because i was not flying very much (10-14 starts this year) and work and other hobbies.
But i see everything is fine here.
- TDR #2, Scorpion 4525LE, PowerJive, MKS HBL950/980, Vbar
- TDR #1 (stock, sold at 700+ flights), e-Revo, Protos 500, Jeti DS14
jointer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 03:20 PM   #884 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Anyone share pictures of Spirit fbl installed on Tdr please
I have almost converted My whole fleet from Fut. sbus to Jeti rsat2/r9/rex7 system. I got 2 spirit gyros and trying to figure out were to put them, as all of my servo leads are shortened for vbar😟
Old 07-23-2015, 10:45 PM   #885 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJo1 View Post
Anyone share pictures of Spirit fbl installed on Tdr please
I have almost converted My whole fleet from Fut. sbus to Jeti rsat2/r9/rex7 system. I got 2 spirit gyros and trying to figure out were to put them, as all of my servo leads are shortened for vbar��
Look at my pictures on post #437 page 22 of this thread

It is a BD3SX but it is the same size pretty much and the same pin orientation as the Spirit
Old 07-26-2015, 05:06 AM   #886 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took the TDR out to a local fun-fly yesterday. I was expecting to spend a little time tweaking the FBL settings because my memory of the last time I flew it a few months ago was that it was not as dialed-in as my other big electric helis.

I was wrong, it's perfect. The conditions were quite windy, mostly a steady wind that was sometimes around 20mph at a guess. The TDR cut right through like it wasn't even fazed by the wind. And it got some attention from a few of the other heli flyers, much to my surprise because the TDR has been around a while now but here it's still a bit exotic.

Once again I flew with the old style standard Radix 690s and honestly I cannot imagine how it could be improved upon, it's so darn good, I'm spoiled :-)
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:33 PM   #887 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Once again I flew with the old style standard Radix 690s and honestly I cannot imagine how it could be improved upon, it's so darn good, I'm spoiled :-)
I used to fly Radix V2 on my TDR. Decided to try a set of Halo blades on my Logo 600. Couldn't believe how much better the heli felt and flew. Put a pair of 715's on my Diabolo..... damn, just as good. Have a set of 715's on the TDR now to. Absolutely love them.
whytlotus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #888 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytlotus View Post
I used to fly Radix V2 on my TDR. Decided to try a set of Halo blades on my Logo 600. Couldn't believe how much better the heli felt and flew. Put a pair of 715's on my Diabolo..... damn, just as good. Have a set of 715's on the TDR now to. Absolutely love them.
Well, I have a pair of Cyclone 695s I think I tried once so I really should try them again. I haven't bought any of the Halos but I have heard only good things.

I'm running my TDR at a moderately low headspeed, about 1350, so maybe some blades are better at different headspeeds as well.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:54 PM   #889 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew my TDR at a 3D flyin at my local airfield today. It's all I brought. Anything smaller would have gotten lost. My local club members are looking forward to seeing/hearing my TDR2 wind up

The plane guys like big air, so flew real big and real low inverted.

They asked me to come back and fly when the flood lights were running at night.

It looks like I'm completely surrounded in this picture. There were a lot of 102,104,106 inch wing span 3D planes. with 120's and one had a 150cc motor.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:13 AM   #890 (permalink)
Registered Users

Changed setup from 4530 and K200Cool to Pyro700Comp and Jive120, 12s, 15z pinion, helix 715 blades for dabbling in 3D instead of speed.
Bit windy for tuning today (25-40km/hr), and batteries where getting hot, but still an enjoyable day out!
Old 08-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #891 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a very cool looking canopy :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsyWA View Post
Changed setup from 4530 and K200Cool to Pyro700Comp and Jive120, 12s, 15z pinion, helix 715 blades for dabbling in 3D instead of speed.
Bit windy for tuning today (25-40km/hr), and batteries where getting hot, but still an enjoyable day out!
Old 08-17-2015, 04:11 AM   #892 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been going through all my helis, working out the main blade to tail blade ratio... yes, I know how to have fun! The element that varies the most is across main blade grip bolts. To achieve the same main disc size between the TDR and Faifa, the TDR needs to run 696mm and the Faifa 710mm.

I think 690mm will be even better, as I'm starting to prefer smaller mains for windy days and also keeping the tail ratio higher.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2015, 06:45 AM   #893 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadders248 View Post
I've been going through all my helis, working out the main blade to tail blade ratio... yes, I know how to have fun! The element that varies the most is across main blade grip bolts. To achieve the same main disc size between the TDR and Faifa, the TDR needs to run 696mm and the Faifa 710mm.

I think 690mm will be even better, as I'm starting to prefer smaller mains for windy days and also keeping the tail ratio higher.
I've been running Cyclone 695mm blades on my TDR and like them quite a bit.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:07 PM   #894 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
I've been running Cyclone 695mm blades on my TDR and like them quite a bit.
I swapped to Rails 696mm/116mm tonight and really liked how they feel. They're lighter than the Cyclones, but it doesn't feel like the main blades are over powering the tails any more, compared to the previous Radix 710mm/110mm.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #895 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you get that canopy from Rob Barnes? I got one and it was Ben Varley's, I just put a bit of black vinyl over his name :-) It's so bright and bold!

I had previously tried a few different blades on both the Faifa and the TDR and it was interesting how they both reacted a bit differently, the TDR didn't really like Zeal 700s and wanted to pitch up in FF flight, both did well with the Cyclones but I should probably try them on the TDR again.

As I happens I never got round to measuring the space between the blade bolts on them but just ended up really liking Edge 713's on the Faifa with Rail 106 tails and the last few times I've been flying the TDR with the Radix 690s and it has always worked fine with Radix 105s.

Last time I took it out a couple weeks ago, I couldn't get enough it was just so nice, I could have kept flying the TDR for hours but we have to stop at 6PM out at Boxhill.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050354.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	603372  
Old 08-18-2015, 05:02 AM   #896 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Did you get that canopy from Rob Barnes? I got one and it was Ben Varley's, I just put a bit of black vinyl over his name :-) It's so bright and bold!=
Yes, it's another of Ben's old canopies. I bought it with the intention of painting with the one of the stock colours and comet stripes, though like you say it's very visible!

With the 116mm tails I like the fact you can use full sticks all round, even down to 1,400rpm and the tail is solid. I just need to tweak the Demon settings for the main blades now.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:39 AM   #897 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, it's another of Ben's old canopies. I bought it with the intention of painting with the one of the stock colours and comet stripes, though like you say it's very visible!
I have a plain white blank canopy I got a while back if you want it. I got it very cheap with the idea of maybe having it painted but then I got the Opti canopy and now I have 5 canopies for the TDR!
Old 08-20-2015, 07:48 AM   #898 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have a plain white blank canopy I got a while back if you want it. I got it very cheap with the idea of maybe having it painted but then I got the Opti canopy and now I have 5 canopies for the TDR!
Thanks for the offer, though like you I've got a collection that I'm not likely to use! I obviously need to try harder and crash more...
Old 08-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #899 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the offer, though like you I've got a collection that I'm not likely to use! I obviously need to try harder and crash more...
Yeah what I'd really like is either (or both) the original yellow with red comet or black with bright stripes in the style of the TDR2.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:27 PM   #900 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have three original canopies. Yellow with black windshield/red comet, white with red windshield/blue comet and a red cano with sparkly silver windshield/yellow comet. Fly almost exclusively with the red cano as the silver lights up when the sun hits it. Really like the neon hues on your custom painted lids.
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in