Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #581 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
But when was the last time you or your "3D jocks" jumped on a Bridgeport or lathe to create parts you needed that could not be bought to mod a machine up?
My friend snemi00 creates parts on his CNC tools all the time for his machine and ours when we ask really nicely. I've seen guys CNC their own main gears and pulleys for machines were the stock parts just weren't cutting it.
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #582 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Let me clarify a point or 2 here,
First being, if you believe you or any other here has the capability to upset me .. your quite and sorely mistaken.
Secondly....

Some seem to have all of these opinions, but you’ve never even personally seen HD operate. I have not only seen it, I’ve used it. So, if you think that you are so smart that you are better equipped to analyze how HD works never having touched it, then it would seem your agenda is to make me look dumb. I have used HD for 1000’s of recoveries. I have helped countless people in this forum set up FSU’s and become successful pilots. I am well versed in the latest technologies and I have a very good sense of how new pilots think and fly. To the average person reading this thread, your opinions and speculations should mean very little. Not because you are not smart, but because you have never seen HD work, and you have never used it. I have assured the readers of this thread over and over that HD works as said, I have used it, and the video is further proof. Proof is in the pudding, and hands on experience is everything. So many people seem to be trying to come up with all of these reasons to fear this new technology, to put it down and condemn it not even having seen it. Why? Because HD does something that has never before been achieved, and it’s hard to believe. But I can tell you, there is no reason for all of the fear and speculation. It works so well, that it will quickly become just another accepted piece of electronic hardware that many people will depend on in a very short time. It’s fun to speculate and to try to find holes in new technology, to doubt and to argue. Comments about how HD would do the reverse of what is intended and cause a new pilot to crash easier are pure speculation; based on nothing. It’s actually very easy to learn the rules of HD recovery and in time this will be very clear to the masses. Soon, once hundreds or thousands of units are in the air saving new pilots every day, all of the mystique surrounding it will go away. People will see, it just plain works. So what if a newbie has to fly a little higher than he thought he wanted to? Why is that the end of the world? Learning complex 3D should be done from a higher altitude, unless you’re the type who likes to eat dirt and rebuild all the time. Once it starts saving them hundreds of $ a pop, they’re likely not going to worry about if they’re flying at 50 feet or 30 feet. They’re just going to enjoy this new technology and let the rest of you guys fight about why they shouldn’t use it. And as for comparing CPII HD to any standard form of FSU (CPII alone or HC, etc), it’s like comparing apples to oranges. There are many good FSU’s out there, but if you have to worry about centering a stick or flipping a switch to stabilize the model, it’s nothing like HD. When a new pilot gets into trouble, thinking is what gets him deeper into trouble. HD takes all thought out of recovery. It’s like an automatic do over! As long as it works reliably (meaning every time), then the customer will be happy. And it does work every time, provided there are no mechanical issues with the heli. There are at least 50 recoveries in the video posted. That’s only one short flight!
I've read and re-read through this thread and I'm confused by this post. Nightflyer, are you saying that you personally have had thousands of recoveries using this system?

Quote:
I have used HD for 1000’s of recoveries.

I'm pointing this out because just a few posts down from this one, McKrackin posted a screenshot of an email from a different user (philipfrank) with the exact same text on it. So I would like to know WHO is the person that has had thousands of recoveries. From your post to McKrackin, it would have appeared YOU personally had the thousands of recoveries.

The fact that you have a lot of experience building custom models and getting on a lathe to manufacture parts has little relevance to testing a gyro. I'm an accomplished woodworker, and have hundreds of hours on multiple woodworking machines, but that doesn't make me more qualified to test out new cyclonic dust collectors any more than the average carpenter.

If your response to my original question here is that you yourself have not had the thousands of recoveries, then you have misrepresented what someone else has done and passed it off as if you yourself did it... If the opposite is true, then the other user phillipfrank is guilty of the same. No way both of you are right simultaneously.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #583 (permalink)
Registered Users

McKrackin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #584 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Guess I'm old school...
Never really learn to trust anything I couldn't make with a hands on machine. but that's just how I was taught.

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #585 (permalink)

Quote:
Guess I'm old school...
Never really learn to trust anything I couldn't make with a hands on machine. but that's just how I was taught.
once again....
helihaven is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #586 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
I've read and re-read through this thread and I'm confused by this post. Nightflyer, are you saying that you personally have had thousands of recoveries using this system?

I'm pointing this out because just a few posts down from this one, McKrackin posted a screenshot of an email from a different user (philipfrank) with the exact same text on it. So I would like to know WHO is the person that has had thousands of recoveries. From your post to McKrackin, it would have appeared YOU personally had the thousands of recoveries.

The fact that you have a lot of experience building custom models and getting on a lathe to manufacture parts has little relevance to testing a gyro. I'm an accomplished woodworker, and have hundreds of hours on multiple woodworking machines, but that doesn't make me more qualified to test out new cyclonic dust collectors any more than the average carpenter.

If your response to my original question here is that you yourself have not had the thousands of recoveries, then you have misrepresented what someone else has done and passed it off as if you yourself did it... If the opposite is true, then the other user phillipfrank is guilty of the same. No way both of you are right simultaneously.
If I were to reply to this as it should be.. and point out certain facts and obvious trends by some it would surely lead to me getting banned for pointing out the truth.

So lets leave it at that those who have flown the platform, have more flight time and experience invested getting this platform to operate as it should.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #587 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
If I were to reply to this as it should be.. and point out certain facts and obvious trends by some it would surely lead to me getting banned for pointing out the truth.
We don't ban people for speaking their mind as long as you keep it respectful.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #588 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered combo 3 and the Led module.
MichiganFlyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #589 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

So lets leave it at that those who have flown the platform, have more flight time and experience invested getting this platform to operate as it should.
It was a simple question, and goes to the heart of the matter. Have you in fact had thousands of recoveries with this system as you stated in that post or not?

What are you talking about when you say "obvious trends by some"? What exactly are you implying?

It is obvious that "those who have flown the platform, have more flight time and experience invested getting this platform to operate as it should". Of COURSE they do! I believe you have plenty of modeling experience and also experience with this product, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you stated some facts as if they were yours and led us to believe something else until a different user posted an email from someone else with the exact same text.

Its almost as if I was selling a used heli and put a video to show the heli of some pro flying an identical model, but never disclosed that it wasn't in fact my heli on the video.
AMA #934662
Old 06-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #590 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by khogan View Post
The video was neat, but I can't wait to see someone really trying to crash it to see what happens. I can imagine hard to make a video of this device because no one wants to purposely crash their heli, and when you try to crash you are not really out of control.

What I really want to see is the heli hitting the hard deck when its under full pitch and bogged and see how long it takes to recover. I am guessing that type of situation is when you need the high hard deck becasue in the video it looks like it recovers pretty quick, but its hard to tell whats going on since its so high up and not zoomed. Best recovery is around 4:35 and it looks like it takes a far drop before recovering.

What size heli is it in the video?
Hi khogan,

I was flying a Trex 500 HK knockoff with an Align 3G flb system

We are planing to shoot more video this weekend. I will try to give you some video with this type recovery at full pitch. Will also try to get some closer zoomed shots. Harder than it sounds.

I have done many 50 + mph dives nose down, tail down, left side down, right side down, on edge tail spinning, etc. and have as yet to crash with the current version being flown.

As far as out of control, I have looked away, throwed the cyclic stick all over the place until I heard the helicopter enter emergency recovery at the hard deck then look up and it recovered. Will it do it every time, I hope so. Would I stake my life on it, probably not. It does really work good however with in it's operating parameters.

Yes, as you can see in the video, a high speed descent does take time to slow the descent of a 5 pound helicopter with negative pitch, roll the helicopter and apply positive pitch to start assending. Yes you are going to drop a considerable distance below the hard deck. Yes, those are the time the 50' is required. The system does have it's limitations and drawbacks.

Have I haven't crashed version of the system I am currently flying. I started testing this system over a year ago and have went through many revisions and updates. Each time things were learned and slowly progress was made. It didn't happen over night. I am sure as beta testing continues more tweaking will be done. Some tweaks resulting form ideas presented by pilot on the different forums. That is good.

I would be happy to address any other question you may have to the best of my knowledge.
Jack
PowerLab 8
jdd1 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #591 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

After seeing what has transpired on this thread...
And perhaps some should re-read it carefully from the very start to see exactly what is driving certain individuals.

I think it time for me to say farewell to HF, (as Mckrackin giggles like a little girl)
You don't need anyone like me here to help anyone just starting out in this hobby or give experienced sound advise.
Or show "how to" to folks
And as I once said I am a man of my word, I was taught that any man is only as good as his word given.
I hide nothing from anyone, and will stand toe to toe with anyone when I know what I know is the truth

I'll let those who think they have it all covered go and spread their own points of view.

I have more important things in my life to attend to than trying to help those that are too blind to see what is placed right in front of them.

You can all know speculate as to why and how and who..
Just be dam certain of this.
I didn't leave because any of you think you scared me off, Just tired of the foolish nonsense this thread brought out.

I do hope that one day you all learn to have an open mind when it concerns a new idea..
At this point I do believe you would have burned the Wright brothers at the stake for trying to fly.
Pity

Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #592 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
And perhaps some should re-read it carefully from the very start to see exactly what is driving certain individuals.

I think it time for me to say farewell to HF, (as Mckrackin giggles like a little girl)
You don't need anyone like me here to help anyone just starting out in this hobby or give experienced sound advise.
And as I once said I am a man of my word, I was taught that any man is only as good as his word given.
I hide nothing from anyone, and will stand toe to toe with anyone when I know what I know is the truth

I'll let those who think they have it all covered go and spread their own points of view.

I have more important things in my life to attend to than trying to help those that are too blind to see what is placed right in front of them.

I didn't leave because any of you think you scared me off, Just tired of the foolish nonsense this thread brought out.

I do hope that one day you all learn to have an open mind when it concerns a new idea..
At this point I do believe you would have burned the Wright brothers at the stake for trying to fly.
Pity
So rather than stay and discuss like a grown-up engineer, you will take your ball and storm off the court like a cranky kid?

Pity indeed...
AMA #934662
Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #593 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, its not the first thread with disrespectless.....
Do understand why night is fedup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
So rather than stay and discuss like a grown-up engineer, you will take your ball and storm off the court like a cranky kid?

Pity indeed...
Old 06-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #594 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by runesb View Post
Well, its not the first thread with disrespectless.....
Do understand why night is fedup.
I don't believe I was disrespectful when I asked him my original question or in my follow-up.
AMA #934662
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #595 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Pity
Don't do that… I've seen your postings in other areas and you have been very helpful to others many times. I have joked around abit on this thread but the technology itself is very interesting although I personally would rather just crash as opposed to using any of the copilot systems…
HF needs guys like you!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #596 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Pity
You too.
If a system needs improvement,like the manufacturers admit,accept it and see what can be done to improve it.
I have said all along it's a good idea with a couple limiting features.
An open mind to a new idea means hearing the idea with no prejudice...not blindly accepting it.
It is what it is I guess.

I think you're making a mistake to quit.
McKrackin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #597 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, I guess the sun wouldn't give off the green hue
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #598 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Pity

Night, you have always been willing to help others and offer no nonsense advice to new people. With you leaving HF will become just a little less of an enjoyable community.

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #599 (permalink)

My HF Map location

It's too bad for the majority of us that you feel the need to leave HF, nightflyr. I can't say I blame you being how you were treated in this thread by certain individuals.

I hope you change your mind.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #600 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
Night, you have always been willing to help others and offer no nonsense advice to new people. With you leaving HF will become just a little less of an enjoyable community.
Quoted for truth.
Go back through Nights posts through the years.
You won't see anything other than a helpful, decent guy who's spent more time than most helping out on HF.

To have people rag him on a product designed to help and encourage this hobby is atrocious and I'm embarrassed for, and about those who joined in with the pack mentality.
Cascade is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in