Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Not impressed

3 flights out of a 300 hundred dollar heli. The tail slider broke just doing some hovering.
kinosoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinosoo View Post
3 flights out of a 300 hundred dollar heli. The tail slider broke just doing some hovering.
I gotta disagree. I'm on probably my 30+ flight with my 130X. It's been bullet proof, until tonight. I got disoriented, hit the TH and dumped it in from 15+ feet on to hardpacked grass runway. The only damage was a fractured canopy post. I turned the post 180 degrees and put it back in the air. It still hovered hands off and flew great.

Now if I could just figure out how to get those canopy posts off, I'd be in good shape.
whodothevoodoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Architect of Ugh

This thing can definitely be frustrating. Several have had slider issues early. Others, no problems. Call HH and you'll get a replacement and try to keep the book open on the little guy. It really is a joy to fly when right.
Phoenix Sim, DX8, Gibson Les Paul, AMA #987871
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." Thomas Jefferson
Maypole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodothevoodoo View Post
I gotta disagree. I'm on probably my 30+ flight with my 130X. It's been bullet proof, until tonight. I got disoriented, hit the TH and dumped it in from 15+ feet on to hardpacked grass runway. The only damage was a fractured canopy post. I turned the post 180 degrees and put it back in the air. It still hovered hands off and flew great.

Now if I could just figure out how to get those canopy posts off, I'd be in good shape.
they pull right off. If you fly with out a canopy on they will fall right off too!
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodothevoodoo View Post

I gotta disagree. The weather has been hot.
Drivinfast247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just reporting...I fixed the tail so I could fly for a couple whole pax. Then a sick noise like a baloon releasing out the blow-hole - and down she comes with a red hot FET and a warped 3-in-1 with melted looking plastic covering. I thot that crap was cured when I threw away the first 130x. I guess they all want to burn themselves up!

At least the 300x is still cookin'
hiwattheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was pretty disappointed when mine started breaking. Took out a pitch slider,servo, "a" gear, all the common stuff. Got replacements and have been flyin it like I stole it. It's really amazing when it flies. But I just have my fingers crossed that it'll keep flying well instead of being a maintenance nightmare.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maypole View Post
Several have had slider issues early. Others, no problems. Call HH and you'll get a replacement and try to keep the book open on the little guy. It really is a joy to fly when right.
I was recently in the same position as the OP. When I contacted HH, they wrote back to me with the following:

"We have not reports of the pin breaking in mid flight"

They went on to infer that it must have been crash related! Thankfully A Main Hobbies came to my rescue and provided me with the support that HH should have.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spackermen View Post
I was pretty disappointed when mine started breaking. Took out a pitch slider,servo, "a" gear, all the common stuff. Got replacements and have been flyin it like I stole it. It's really amazing when it flies. But I just have my fingers crossed that it'll keep flying well instead of being a maintenance nightmare.
plus one on the crossed fingers. Mine has been superb after the initial sort-out.
stablehover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine threw a tail blade and the tail pitch slider pin broke on the third battery pack. I landed without any trouble. Heli has never crashed or a hard landing. I ordered replacement KBDD tail blades but didn't find the broken pitch slider until I installed the tail blades. Pretty bummed about the heli myself. I bought it against my better judgement. This is my last blade heli, I won't buy another one ever. Most of my friends know at least to wait till the second version comes out.
wacojoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I thought HH would have learned a lesson from the MCPX problems. I admit the heli flew great for the first two flights but I'm really disappointed that I have to worry about finding a suitable part to fly this heli. Does HH actually do any Quality assurance checks on the final product coming out of China.
kinosoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in