Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC > Outrage G5

Outrage G5 Outrage G5 Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you sure not the one-way bearing+hub+sleeve causes the problem? Every main gear I have used, by any brand, wobbled a bit. I wouldn't hurry to buy other gears just for now, make sure you don't have other problems first.
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Odd thing for sure. And just a thought, have you tried a different main shaft? I know it would suck to have a slightly tweaked one out of the box...but its possible. That would induce more side to side movement of the gear though, not so much up and down to where it would hit the frame. Just thinking out loud. Keep us posted. I know what you mean about just wanting it in the air. I spent an hour last night covering my servo wires with black mesh thinking "oh this will look cool and wont take but a few mintues..."
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ok, here is what I got and I would like for someone to let me know if this seems normal. Got some new parts from HD and I don't have the main gear and tail gear rubbing issue any more. I still have some wobble in the main gear that I would like to reduce since Im going to be FBL. I have a mini titan and when I spin that main gear it is very smooth with little to no wobble. If I grab the main gear and try to wobble it up and down it moves enough and the main shaft spins from me holding the main gear and moving it up and down. Is that normal?
rmalt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxSXh4MP1Gc[/ame]

It was a bad oneway bearing!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ask me how I knew. Good that you've figured it out. Not great that your G5 came with a bad one-way, but sometimes you get bad parts with any brand. Whenever I had problems with parts in my G5 or O550., HeliDirect and Outrage were there and sent me replacements

You'll see the G5 is such a well-behaved heli in flight and it's all worth it. Let us know how you like it.
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalt View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxSXh4MP1Gc

It was a bad oneway bearing!!!
Weird! Glad you got it straightened out. Im going to check mine when i get home just to be sure
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I still don't have this built yet. So helidirect sent me some new parts so I could rebuild the small tail gear and after I was done putting it together with the red locktite on the shaft the gear wouldn't spin free. It would spin just a small amount then bounce back. So my thought was that I got some red locktite in the bearing. So I ordered some new bearings with the blocks and before I put any locktite on them I checked the bearings with the shaft and they didn't spin free at all. They felt very bumpy and didn't spin nice and free. So now it is a bearing issue. I now have helidirect programmed on speed dial on my cell phone and talked to them and Larry is going to send me out some new bearings. So I get a box in the mail and they sent me some Outrage goodies, a hat, neck strap and towel. They also sent me some bearings but they sent me the bearings for the main shaft. If I didn't already solder connections onto my 3 outrage 6s batts I would have sent everything back to helidirect.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I have moved forward with trying to finish my build. All the issues I had are all good now. There is only one problem left. My kit did not come with the servo/swash rods. Off to the hobby shop in the morning to try to finish this up. I hope that align rods will fit. My goal is to get this thing in the air this weekend! SK 720 all mounted and all wires are all neat!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

rmalt, is it for real??? The swash and servo rods did not come with the kit??
Not an asuring sign when it comes to Outrage in my opinion.....
Rupi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in