Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 500/570

SAB Goblin 500/570 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 500/570 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default custom canopy and boom....with some prices for you

ok...well the canopy and boom selection for the 500 is very slim....and turns out pretty expensive even if replacing them with stock ones...even with 15% off from helidirect it will still cost you a pretty penny to get one.....like all the others...

the PF canopy is a bit cheaper but looks like helidirect is clearing their stock...(more on this in a sec..)

After looking around I decided to contact canomod to get some pricing and timing on a custom canopy and boom with a design I provided (thanks Blink 182) ....

this was their reply...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We can paint similar 80% for that design .
Shipping cost is 65USD for UPS ( 3 days to deliver, tracking number ) .
Goblin 500 canopy costs 85SUD and boom costs 65USD for that design "

Canomod
TOTAL...210.00!!!!.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SO after looking around I find heliwow.com....turns out they are the ones that make the "PF" canopies ...and they too do custom canopies as well ...and even have a template page to get you started designing your own ..... ...

So, I shoot them the same email and this is their response...

Heliwow
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Goblin 500 canopy AND tail boom custom Price $80
+ Standard Shipping to USA (10-20 days): $25
USPS shipping with tracking number (3-5 days): $35"

time it will take to have it painted.......About 3 days (from the time of of your receive money).

heliwow

TOTAL...(with 3-5day shipping)...115.00!!!!

Note...don't know if the boom is CF or FG...I should have asked but didn't and doesn't really matter to me but will let you know when I know
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
they will put the pilots name on for free and within a couple of hours and s few emails we finalized the design and it was ordered..

So just to let you know it turns out to be less expensive to get a custom canopy and boom than to get a stock one....go figure...

I should have it in a couple of weeks I guess.....will post a review of it then,,,,
PTFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info. I have been shopping around. When I emailed canomod 3 weeks ago, they never even emailed me back...

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK...well they don't screw around...

they just sent me a picture of the paint job to do any adjustments before they clearcoat it.....I might have it by the end of the week at this rate..

my choice of canopy design might not be every ones taste but I love it....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gpaint1.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	469132  
Old 12-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Canomod and Fusuno do very nice work, the only issue is that they ship directly from Vietnam and they only ship airmail. It adds a lot to the price. But the stuff they do is quality and they keep you updated about your order status with photos throughout the process, which is great.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

not too bad....ordered on Saturday and they are shipping it out to me today...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	custom canopy g500.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	469433  
Old 12-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please be aware that only Canomod is the authorized GOBLIN trademark user and authorized Goblin boom original user.

Goblin tail boom is a patented product and we are now seeking legal action toward Heliwow who is unauthorized to user our patented product. Goblin tail boom is made of full carbon fiber with proper calculation to avoid possible boom strike. Heliwow tail boom is made from soft and heavy fiberglass not carbon fiber so this is a difference in price.

Heliwow is also from Vietnam so shipping cost is even higher than Canomod. If you want to save money, order directly from SAB distributors such as Helidirect, World of Heli, Fastlad, or dealers from SAB such as Amainhobbies, Experience RC...

Let's support the company that create good products not copy cat.

SAB HELI DIVISION USA
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	goblin boom.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	469574  
SAB GOBLIN USA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB GOBLIN USA View Post
Please be aware that only Canomod is the authorized GOBLIN trademark user and authorized Goblin boom original user.

Goblin tail boom is a patented product and we are now seeking legal action toward Heliwow who is unauthorized to user our patented product. Goblin tail boom is made of full carbon fiber with proper calculation to avoid possible boom strike. Heliwow tail boom is made from soft and heavy fiberglass not carbon fiber so this is a difference in price.

Heliwow is also from Vietnam so shipping cost is even higher than Canomod. If you want to save money, order directly from SAB distributors such as Helidirect, World of Heli, Fastlad, or dealers from SAB such as Amainhobbies, Experience RC...

Let's support the company that create good products not copy cat.

SAB HELI DIVISION USA
Sorry don't want to correct you, but you also make a FG tail unit for the 500. Also your statement is a great ad for us all to order really quickly to Heliwow before it is shut down lol! Also the patent pertains to the boom being made of CF. So unless a new patent was put out for FG your out of luck!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

just curious of this statement....

" Goblin tail boom is made of full carbon fiber with proper calculation to avoid possible boom strike. Heliwow tail boom is made from soft and heavy fiberglass not carbon fiber so this is a difference in price"

as stated you have a GF boom...and exactly how do you know theirs' is soft and heavy.....

Fiberglass can very rigid and I believe GF weave cost less than CF so maybe that might be the price difference....not the quality...

You should check out post 1....it shows what each charge for shipping.....

If canomod would have given me a decent price for what it is maybe then I would have went that way....

Maybe a note to SAB
It will be hard for you to justify 150$ for a "stock" canopy and boom for a 500 to me......just sayin....

BTW.....38 for a 1.5mm CF side frame is a bit much too....don't you think

I know...we can upgrade to the stronger 2.mm but that one will run you 46 a side....come on....really!

There....I said it....
Whatever
Old 12-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Merse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Precipitate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hey FG was strong enough in the 80s to build LongEze airplanes and fly them(I still fly one sometimes) so why would it not be good for a tail boom?

OH and lets not forget Trademark isn't good in another country, this is why the Chinese can copy items like DA and make a DLE engine.
mu300pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually later he uses the wording " unauthorized to user our patented product" Patents are protected in about every country, but maybe China lol! but China has been coming around when it comes to much larger legal issues, but I don't think SAB fits that level lol!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Actually later he uses the wording " unauthorized to user our patented product" Patents are protected in about every country, but maybe China lol! but China has been coming around when it comes to much larger legal issues, but I don't think SAB fits that level lol!
Yup just ask YGE.....lol
I feel SABs pain though its kinda shady to make copies of someone else's work and get paid for it.
But on the other hand it's how the game is played...how many of you guys crying "foul"
have music from an artist you didn't pay for!!!!!!
Guiwee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

come on....it's not difficult for a company to make it's own plugs and bang out canopies and booms.....

and did they really come up with the tapered square tube shape all by themselves???

I kinda remember that shape from geometry class in high school

It's not rocket science .......

It's like Harley telling me I have to use "their" tanks and fenders and only have them painted by their "authorized" painter.....(and pay what ever they say to pay).......

For half the price I'll take my chances....

but I digress....back to topic........

I will post pics when they arrive......
Old 12-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I gave your concern about shipping to Canomod and they will have free shipping for orders more than 150usd. Hope this will help. Or you can always buy in your country with distributors everywhere.

We are working with law enforcement to bring these copy cat to the court.

SAB HELI DIVISION USA
SAB GOBLIN USA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

go get em tiger....

sorry I'm the one that let the cat out of the bag ....
Old 12-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I gave your concern about shipping to Canomod and they will have free shipping for orders more than 150usd. Hope this will help. Or you can always buy in your country with distributors everywhere.

SAB HELI DIVISION USA
Good luck with that! unless your apple. Align did get a hearing and a stay, but it seemed to not amount to much as Tarot is still making most of the clone parts they were.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

SAB HELI DIVISION USA
I think that would be awsome if the did that! Sounds a lot better to me!
Merse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

SAB HELI DIVISION USA
I like they way he put words in my mouth..."my concern"...

All I was doing was trying to get a replacement canopy boom for a reasonable price for what it is.....

My choices were slim to none from SAB/Canomod and I thought if I had to spend that much to get a canopy and boom, the same as every other goblin owner, I might as well check how much a custom set would be...

Then was just sharing my findings here...... thinking others might be of the same mind as me.

It was YOUR concerns about finding out I was able to get a set made and shipped for less that sent this tread sideways...I'm glad canomod stepped up and is offering free shipping....I might have ordered from them if that was their offer...it wasn't until this thread that that happened....

So you are welcome guys....

BTW....I really don't have a dog in this fight...I just wanted a custom canopy...
Old 12-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like everyone should go get some custom canopies from heliwow cause SAB are going to be fighting a loosing battle.
Id have thought once a person purchased a product (goblin 500 for example) it was their choice what gear to run and how they want to mod it out.

Guys dont forget that if heliwow does end up getting this action taken against them im sure theyll still make them for you, youd just have to email them requesting the product
NevErSn0w is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in