Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swapped servo controls on DX6i

Hi!

I just bought a DX6i and it is driving me nuts. The servos control is swapped, so when I push the right stick up or down (forward and backward movment) only the left servo moves up or down. When I move the stick left or right only the right servo moves. I looked in all menus and I just canīt find how to swap the servo controls. Thank you.
Portuense is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your servo control is not "swapped". What you have is the correct operation.

Looking at the heli from the rear, forward/backward movement of the cyclic stick moves the left servo. Right/left movement of the cyclic stick moves the right servo. There are pictures of this on page 8 in the 120 SR manual.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I changed the stock swash for the Xtreme at the same time I tried the new DX6i. It was so uncontrolable that when I saw the servos working that way I assumed it was the Tx. I guess I will try the stock swash back. 20€ for an useless aluminium part. Thanks anyway.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't give up too quickly on it, perhaps with some trimming, and fine tuning of the servo lengths/ leveling the new swash etc. you will be able to "dial it in" as it were.

Good luck!
Howetzer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Portuense - I had problems with the xtreme swash as well. The servo arms need to be manually extended. I gave up on it and switched back to stock after an hour of frustration. I purchased the RKH swash just yesterday and I'm hoping that I have better luck with it!
FMpro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for a newbie input but it sounds like your dx6i settings may not be correct. Try the settings as instructed HERE
nartac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 06:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you everbody. This hobby really takes a lot of patience and time. I got the correct settings on the DX6i (mostly using the stock settings but will give it a try with the settings nartac posted) and will now try the xtreme swash again.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

For what it's worth, I installed the Xtreme swash as well and was having all sorts of problems. Then I looked into getting that swash level and thought that was impossible. I extended my servo arms all the way out and it leaves the swash sitting really high. When I take the leftstick to the far upper left the swash guide had a habit of jumping out of the guide in the frame. I extended the swash guide arms on the frame with two small peices of CF and that took care of the problem.

Once it's set up...it's amazing. That was all with the stock transmitter which I dropped and broke last night. So....I bought a DX6i. I'll be needing help with that...no doubt about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in