Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The rebuild

Tearing down and rebuilding the used frame makes me feel sorry for the old B400 I learned on. Up, crash, repeat lol. Learning with no ine around sucked. Back then I didn't know a 2 hour drive would have me flying with the likes of colin bell to learn from.

The rebuild is going pretty good and I am on track to being able to test it on sunday. I am looking forward to rebuilding my original frame over the winter. A bad maiden did not sour me on synergy, the heli is well machined. Parts fit nice, and having the ability to get answers from Matt himself is nice. He deserves some props for taking the time out a busy life to answer, help diagnose what went wrong, etc emails from us little people. Chris has been a geat sounding board as well. Don't get me wrong, I am not happy a new build needs a rekit, but I still believe it is well machined, well designed, and has great support. We can't go wrong as hobbiest with those attributes from the company and support people.

Thank you matt and chris for taking the time to answer my many emails and pms.

Now back to the rebuild now that the used frame is tore down, cleaned up, and ready for a new life with me.

James.
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That exactly what makes building and owning a Synergy just that much more special. I have sent many a message to Chris for help/advise, and it's always felt a personal response, and I've emailed Matt a few times as well, and nothing but felt like part of the family with such great help and advise.

So much so I've sold all my other birds and all I own now are Synergy's. IMO no reason to won anything different.

Keep us posted on how the rebuild is going!
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Heli just needs to be set up now. Installed the last of the electronics tonight. I have to wait on some EC5 connectors and a rx pack but it should be good to go by the time they show up. I really can't wait to see this thing log some flights. As it is I logged another 9 on my 500 yesterday breaking the 200 flight mark on that model. Not bad for an align.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm looking forward to you getting some stick time on this one.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 03:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dennis is sending out what I need so sometime next week I should be able to test it.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent. Just had a nice conversation with him last night on the phone. LOL
Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I seem to be on the phone alot with him. Normally I call about a part or equipment I am looking at and end up shooting the crap for an hour. Makes me glad to have canada wide calling on my home and cell phones.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah. I hear you.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is pretty cool the way everyone who flys synergy helps each other. I love it when I see a new face at the fun fly's with their brand new synergy and you are able to talk about what they have done different with theirs
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Frequency is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2014, 03:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey James, sorry for your unsuccessful maiden. What happened?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2014, 04:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Link broke. I picked up Matt C's airframe. Just waiting on ec5's, and rx pack to show up then I will be ready to try again for a second maiden. Last I spoke to matt he is also planning on attending the event in sept. If this second build stays in the air I am planning on attending. If it don't stay in one piece in the air then there won't be a 3rd rebuild of a new heli. Hoping to avoid any issues this time as I want to actually save some money for a new radio. After reading some poor reviews on the 14sg I am thinking jr xg14 or maybe save more and go jeti.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sucks, hopefully everything goes well this time and you make the fun fly in a couple weeks. I have Jr xg8 that you can check out if you make it down. I love the tx and it has a much better feel than my dx8.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Xg8 hmm. A few less channels. Other than that does it have the same features as the 14? My dx7s is getting other now and I find I want more features and channels as more settings can be assigned to a channel with my sk540's. Truth be told once set it is just bling having the extra channels as I just lock in the gains as I find the optimum setting for my amatuer flying.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure of the differences but the xg8 is all I need. To me it's about the feel of the tx, it just fits well in my hands and thumbs.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks like a nice radio. I watched a video review of it before I came into work. I never got far enough in to see if it was xbus or not but I am assuming sk is going to fix it so that the newer white sats work with their units. Right now only the black colored ones are working according to threads in the sk forums. I am all for just using the sats and saving the weight and space of a full size rx.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly / sell the XG8 and it's awesome. Yes it has XBus, and when I last flew Skookum, they supported the SATs for it.
The SATs and RX are clear, not sure what you mean by this black/white thing.

I would still recommend the full sized receiver for it though if you want to make use of the telemetry and get the best range.

If all you fly are helicopters, you really don't need more than 8ch in almost all instances.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

The boards in them jeff. There is an issue with the white boards not working with skookums at the moment. From the post the older black boards still work. The ones with the white boards are not giving input but I wonder if it is a similar issue to the dsmx with the last update. For dsmx the gyro needed the bind plug reset to get it to communicate with dsmx.

It may be a nice xmass present from my wife this year. So I hope anyway.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, pretty sure when I flew SK that my PCBs were all white. Maybe something in the latest FW update?
Old 08-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Probably. My dsmx stopped giving input with it until I did the bind plug reset. After that all was good again. Over 400 flights with no fbl related crashes on both my sk540's now. I hqve had 4 crashes since going fbl though. One a servo burned out and drew crazy amps causing a brown out, swash plate pivot ball came out, forvot to put loctite back on a servo horn I had off, and my e5. Not bad really when I look at it in the number of flights vs crashes. Err forgot I had a ball pull the threads out of a swash on the same heli the pivot ball came out of. Still pretty cheap per flight lol.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rebuild other than rx pack and a couple of ec5's is now done. Those should be here this coming week. Then it's time to test it for a second time, well first on the used airframe. If it flies well then I plan n rebuilding my original kit. Otherwise I will have to move on to another heli. Rather hoping it just works with no links breaking this time. I want to get some of ralphs turnbuckles as the closest I can get to zero pitch at mid stick is
-.3 deg. Yes .3 bugs me. I am extremely picky on any build or setup I do.

If anyone has some main frames they are going to throw out, I could make use of them for my original kit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in