Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters

Gasser Helicopters Gasser Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Engine mounts on Rex 700

Alright guys I am going to do my best to explain the problem without a video.
Facts: I was sold an HBC-7 V2 KIT.
I own a 700n pro.
I purchased dfc nitro frame mounts (these are what I saw in pics on the 700 helibug conversion).

Problem: The steel bracket that bolts to the engine does not protrude far enough outside the frame to connect the dfc mounts that attach to the frame.

I'm aware that the engine mount from the standard HBC-7 kit (solid plate with a hole for the crank case, and braces to attach to frame) sounds like an easy fix.

The side frames on the v2 kit have a higher cotout for the engine it appears, so it doesn't look to be thick enough for the braces to reach the frame.

It's a g290rc engine. Is the 4 bolt pattern on the top side of case too narrow to support the engine mounts I have?

Please tell me someone else has ran into this problem and has a solution. I cannot afford another HB kit or engine. Also, the heli is assembled and ready for maiden, minus this obstacle. YIA
sausageoverdose is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2016, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope someone has some insight for you buddy... i know you want to get that beauty in the air !!

Hitec Aurora 9x,180cfx, 300x, Goblin Leviathan 700 Competition
Thaiboxer04 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2016, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageoverdose View Post
Alright guys I am going to do my best to explain the problem without a video.
Facts: I was sold an HBC-7 V2 KIT.
I own a 700n pro.
I purchased dfc nitro frame mounts (these are what I saw in pics on the 700 helibug conversion).
It is a little hard to tell what your problem is without photos but it sounds like you might have the wrong kit for your frame. You need to be very specific about your 700N and your HB kit.

Do you have a 700N or 700N DFC?

Is your conversion HB7-RC-DFC or HB7-RC?

You need the proper conversion to match your donor frame. I have build both an HB7-RC and an HB7-RC-DFC.

You could also get in touch with Helibug directly. They are usually very responsive via email.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default mounts

Thanks thaiboxer! I am indeed.

rhodesengr, thanks for the response.
I have the 700n pro.
I was sold the HB7-RC DFC V2 KIT (USED)
The guy told me it would work.
This HB kit came with the 2 seperate mounts. Kind of half circle shape. From build thread pics I noticed there are basically two different kits.
Mine was forward mount, by the way.

Since I had that style kit (DFC), I purchased the nitro dfc engine mounts, when I realized I was missing a way to attach HB mounts to my frame.

Problem is, is that it almost seems like the entire components on the 700n pro are built wider (main bearing blocks, tail case, nose case, even the tank.

The only reason I say this is because

A: Build thread pics for DFC conversion show clutch bell flush, if not protruding from the outside of frame.

B: The Nitro DFC mounts stick out close to a quarter inch past HB engine mounts. So the bolt holes frome frame to engine do not match up.

I should have gotten the kit with the plate and braces that sit inside the frame.

My fix for this was to grind down the lobes that sit against the frame to allow the holes to align.

I don't believe the plate from the NON-DFC kit would work, because the cutout on side frames of this kit are larger above the engine. Leaving no pace to drill four holes on either side to mount it.

I'm not very satisfied with my modification, but see no other way without buying the correct kit
Old 01-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Rhodesengr. These are the 2 pics he sent me the other day... 1 shows the way it should line up... and the other shows what is currently going on where his engine plate isn't coming far enough out of his frame to line up with the mounts. I believe he has a NitroPro non-DFC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_944291965606708.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	627996   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_944292522273319.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	627997  

Old 01-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageoverdose View Post
I have the 700n pro.
I was sold the HB7-RC DFC V2 KIT (USED)
The guy told me it would work.
Well the guy was basically steering you the wrong way as your heli and conversion do not match. The DFC frame is more narrow as you have observed.

It been too long since my build to recall all the differences. Maybe you can make it work. I still think you should email Helibug and ask (Ali) if you can make your combo work but you have basically incompatible stuff.

Maybe you can sell your DFC conversion and get the right one for your frame.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the help! I think he may have gotten the mounts to work by customizing them a little. If they become too weak then I'm guessing a call to Helibug will be the next step. Cheers!

Old 01-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default solved

Thanks for the support. Like thaiboxer said, I think I have it sorted. I'll post some pics when I get the time. Now, just as long as she starts lol. Guess I should've bench tested it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in