Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default UPS man came today...Postman too!!!

Well, yesterday but no time to post yesterday. I'll get right to the point as this is an eflite/blade thread. UPS delivered my DX6i from being serviced for the recall. I grumbled on another thread about being without a week ago today. An hour after I grumbled on the HF thread, HH had it serviced and in the mail. When it came, I opened the box and on top was a 6115e RX. I saw another box, it was a 6210 complete satellite RX. I'm thinking, mistake? Belong to someone else? Then I read the letter. A very nice letter from HH explaining they know how hard it is to go without one's transmitter and they included a free gift. Wow. I have no idea what I'll use them for, but I went from grumpy a week ago to really happy with horizon hobby.

Ten minutes before the DX6i showed up, the postman delivered my HK250GT kit. Wow, that box is really tiny. The screws are really tiny also. The box is small enough to hide on the book shelf until you start building it. I confessed and showed the box to my wife. New helicopter, honey. She said maybe I should go back to playing internet poker.

I own all HH products up until the HK250GT kit. But if you want the challenge of building your own.... I guess that could be a HH product also if I threw the 6115e in it. Between the Phoenix sim, mCPx (2), and the HK250GT I think I have a fun and challenging winter ahead.

Edit. Oops. Wrong thread. I meant to post this under the eflite/blade thread.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is how to do business. Good for you. Good for HH. Pity they don't deliver out here but I've no real complaints (very happy) with our local boys

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I love it when the mail-man brings gifts! But what is a HK250GT?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
I love it when the mail-man brings gifts! But what is a HK250GT?
Cheap Trex 250 clone. A controversial purchase. Stong emotions about these. See Trex 250 threads for details.

For me, however, it is not a Trex 250 substitute. The intent for me is first to do a build, and second to get a CP SR120 or slightly larger size helicopter without TBE or pendulum effect. If I can get it built, just the build process will be cheap entertainment. If it flies, that will be a bonus. I gave up on the blade 120SRCP coming. If it does, I'll probably buy that also.

In a few months I'll post whether I'm really happy or regret the HK250GT purchase.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Walkera M120 comes to mind for that size. Mines perfect with no TBE and looks like a mini 250 as well! Good luck with the bird and dont forget to post pics!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawhacker View Post
Cheap Trex 250 clone. A controversial purchase. Stong emotions about these. See Trex 250 threads for details.

For me, however, it is not a Trex 250 substitute. The intent for me is first to do a build, and second to get a CP SR120 or slightly larger size helicopter without TBE or pendulum effect. If I can get it built, just the build process will be cheap entertainment. If it flies, that will be a bonus. I gave up on the blade 120SRCP coming. If it does, I'll probably buy that also.

In a few months I'll post whether I'm really happy or regret the HK250GT purchase.
I just took a look at the price of it and I see what you mean, a relatively cheap way to experiment I guess. What are you going to kit it out with? I might consider doing it myself - looks cheap but the bird's gonna be quite twitchy I suspect.

If you're going to detail this elsewhere, could you post us a link? Thanks

Old 10-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

ID Description Qty STATUS
9974 HK-250GT Electric Helicopter Kit (Alloy/CF w
*JIT-Item (this item takes 3-5 days to dispatch)
1 Reserved
8144 Turnigy 2627 Brushless 300-Size Heli Motor 4 1 Reserved
4950 HXT900 Replacement Gear Set 3 Reserved
9333 X-BLADE Spare SK-5 Steel blades (10pcs/set) 1 Reserved
9332 X-BLADE Precision knife with replaceable SK- 1 Reserved
662 HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo 3 Reserved
2163 TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller 1 Reserved
2169 TURNIGY BESC Programming Card 1 Reserved
9173 Turnigy 800mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack 1 Reserved
11965 OrangeRx R610 Spektrum DSM2 6Ch 2.4Ghz Recei 1 Reserved
10113 Hobby King 401B AVCS Digital Head Lock Gyro 1 Reserved 14279 HobbyKing HK-922MG Digital Metal Gear Servo 1 Reserved 10245 HK-250GT Feathering Shaft (2pcs/set) 1 Reserved
Shipment International (Registered) Air Mail 751g - 1kg $17.95 Taxes $0.00 Total $122.76
Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many have posted build lists for the HK250GT. I went with items that seem to be pretty standard-for an inexpensive build. Sometimes 3 or 4 commonly used components exist, and if my first choice was sold out I purchased my second choice.

It has been widely accepted in the past that several components are sub-standard and need to be replaced with Align for safety reasons. The feathering shaft is one such component. I cannot think of any good reason why I ordered an additional of an item that has to be tossed out (feathering shaft), brain dead I guess.

Questions I still have are what battery to use and what blades to use. I want cheap plastic blades. I ordered 1 Turnigy 800 mah 20C to get started. Currently I plan to purchase Tarot plastic blades.

In the 3 weeks it took for this to arrive I've discovered Tarot brand. If I were ordering today, I think I'd seriously consider skipping the 250 and just building a Tarot 450. I expect a Tarot 450 to be my next project. (See night flyer's 450 vs 450 thread under Align 450 Pro).

I currently expect my replacement parts and upgrades to be Tarot. I noticed that Tarot sells an entire line of 250 parts. I don't really understand this. No Tarot 250 kit that I know of and yet they advertise tons of 250 parts. O.K., I understand lots of manufactures make parts for what they do not sell kits for, but it seems Tarot sells so many 250 parts they may as well just make it another kit like the 450 and 500.

I am starting this fully aware that the well traveled path to this is replacing clone parts with Align parts until it becomes more expensive than just purchasing the Align Super Combo. I don't intend to follow this path. I intend to keep mine cheap.

It may be awhile before I give feedback from experience. I have mCPx (X2) with broken tail (X2). I have about 50 bucks worth of new bright colors (KBDD blades and new green stock canopy) for the two mCPx and new carbon fiber solid rods. My SR120 repair parts are here. (You see UPS man has been coming ALL week). Between fixing and flying the mCPx and sim it could well be a couple months before the HK250GT box gets off the shelf.

Again the goal here is not a super duper 3D machine. The goal is learning and progressing beyond the SR120 and a CP machine a little different than the mCPx.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, thanks for all that info. I have my B450 waiting for me as my next step up, but have always wondered about clones. Thought it'd be nice to think of a 250 if cheap enough, but I think I might save for a 500. Msh or align/clone will be my future question. I suspect I will want a protos. We can all dream I guess!

Old 10-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought one of the HK450 kits just because it was cheap but sadly some key areas are not so good and will take some work and dollars to get it all working properly, that said the kits are very cheap and the basic bits are pretty good as replacements for my Trex.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is an excellent thread in Align 250 forum on clones. The thread starter speaks with the experience that I do not yet have.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=285761

This thread is also worth looking at for those that have purchased 3 or 4 assembled blade helicopters and are looking for information or ideas on what to do next.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=268932

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in