Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The MacDonald Straw Antenna Drainpipe Mod v.0.2

After much deliberation, and given the unerring support, the extreme encouragement and the boundless enthusiasm from certain fellow members of this "Belt CP Forum" (They will unfailingly recognize themselves); I have faced great danger & grievous bodily harm in order to obtain yet another straw from MacDonald's! I have come back for afar!!!

Gentlemen, please, hold your breath ......................... for a glimpse at the latest development in one-piece, Italian cut, full-coverage ................................ Antenna Drainpipe Mods!!

Taraaaaaaaa.

1. Take one drinking straw with the little accordion bit 3/4's of the way down the length of it.

2. Pleat all the longer section with two folds to reduce the overall diameter/section.

3. Poke the antenna wire through that (or even before pleating it).

4. Go to MacDonald's and get a few of their slightly larger diameter straight drinking straws.

5. At 4-6cm & 14-16cm down the length of the straw, cut out exactly half of the section of the straw;

6. Poke the little pleated straw through the first stage of the bigger one and use the first 'window' in the bigger straw to pass the little straw through the ring on the landing gear.

7. Poke little pleated straw further.

8. When little straw reaches the second window do same as above to attach the whole thing to the landing gear

9. Poke little straw further again till it looks cool.

10. Poke antenna cable back and forwards till your hearts content through the straws. Over, under and back and forth kind of thing.

11. Take another MacDonalds straw and cut into appropriate lengths to cover the whole kit and kaboodle.

12. Slit appropriate lengths of straw lengthwise from one end to the other.

13. Hide the whole kit and kaboodle with these lengths of slit straw. Or you could actually leave the 'cover straw' in one piece.

Oooh! almost forgot! You'll need a balsa knife to do the cutting.

A similar version of the "drainpipe' is under development and will be used on the starboard side of the bird to shoot peas. I am actively searching for the donation of a 7, 9 or 12 channel Tx. (and if you guys think I'm kidding, well I'm not!)
wibble is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We're not worthy!

I still think it needs to be perforated and chromed, though. I can see you've already left space on your canopy for the flame decals

We've been waiting for you. You're going to love DierWolf's new avatar.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you're going to make a pea shooter out of your heli? I don't know what to make of that.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 07:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwizard View Post
So you're going to make a pea shooter out of your heli? I don't know what to make of that.
OK, confession time... a few months ago I actually *did* look into the airsoft mechanisms they mount on 1/16 RC tank turrets

On the whole, it's probably best I never found out exact weights and sizes... Also saves the weight of the MP3 player and speakers for "The Ride of the Valkyries"
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been thinking about this. (Probably not a good thing to do, and sometimes it hurts)

One of my sons is a copper and they have airsoft like guns they use for training. They fire tiny little paintballs.

The mechanism is probably too heavy for a Lama. But for a Belt? Hmmm....

Imagine yellow splats on the neighbor's deck.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've also have been cogitating this one; either a good old servo-actuated rubber band plunger type firing mechanism or using the downdraught from the blades and funnelling the compressed air to a gate-valve
Old 04-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibble View Post
I've also have been cogitating this one; either a good old servo-actuated rubber band plunger type firing mechanism or using the downdraught from the blades and funnelling the compressed air to a gate-valve
Perhaps a tiny, little air compressor...
Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wibble, I flatly refuse to go inta a MacDonalds, no way. Do they do them to the same tolerance in Burger King?????

Mike

[a pi55ed off pilot who can't play with his chopper]
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furious, Ooh that I had had the choice . We poor souls from 3rd world developing countries can only dream of having such things as a MacDo. and a Burger Thing in the same 160,000 sq. miles. Send samples please for extensive testing and quality control!

Location - maps.google.com> -17.531951,-149.556262> satellite view> under the mango tree
Old 04-08-2008, 04:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess that I could say that me going into MacD's would be the last straw!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I rather Mc Donalds, BK makes me poop 10 minutes after eating...

Cant be a good sign.
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nope!!!!! Maybe it would have to be TGIFlydays!!!!!!?????????
Futaba 14SG,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in