Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Walkera support

I bought my GCP from walkeraofamerice.com also known as walkeradirect.com. They are warehouses and offer no support or returns. Would Walkera not warranty there products ? Two days and it's electronically trashed. Does anyone know how to reach someone that may give me some direction ?
harleynhelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

There is no warranty for any Walkera products in the US that I know of.
Walkera does warranty their products in China though.

Tom

Last edited by CX2Pilot; 04-11-2012 at 12:27 PM..
CX2Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleynhelis View Post
They are warehouses and offer no support or returns
Ouch!

As CX2Pilot mentioned, Walkera, outside of China, relies on vendors to support the products they sell.

I've not looked at WalkeraOfAmerica but would it be a safe guess that their prices are somewhat cheaper than other vendors? If so, not having to provide support or take returns could be why.

As much as I wish it were different, it looks like you are on the hook for this one.

Bummer!
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well that sux Time to order a BNF I guess. Sometimes we have to learn from the school of hard knocks, but rest assured, this will be my last Walkera product from a massive warehouse just to save a few bucks. Thanks for all your help folks.
harleynhelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sometimes one wishes one got what one paid for and sometimes not.

When desperate, I'll be bitten by the same thing time and again so don't feel bad.

In the end though, you puts your money down and you takes your chances even with places that do provide full service.

Sometimes, usually more often than not, one gets lucky but the law of averages is a bitch sometimes.

At least the problems you had brought you here one way or another so there is that at least! You aren't flying alone anymore.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well that sux Time to order a BNF I guess. Sometimes we have to learn from the school of hard knocks, but rest assured, this will be my last Walkera product from a massive warehouse just to save a few bucks. Thanks for all your help folks.
Sorry to hear that, man. Try one of the four US-based retailers for any Walkera products:

www.helircstore.com
www.wowhobbies.com
www.cubheli.com
www.helidirect.com

From what I've read, helircstore seems to have the best customer service. Wowhobbies seems to have the best prices, for the most part, and clubheli and helidirect are both great sites. All of these stores will have cheap shipping, using USPS priority (I always select usps priority mailing), and will get to you in 2-3 days.

Well, if you order another genius, at least you will have a spare bird for parts. I think over the long run, you would have spent the money on repairs anyway... May as well just get another bird on hand. You won't need to purchase any spares/repairs for a while

Good luck with the new heli. Do you have a devo? If so, have you considered the Mini CP?
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I bought my GCP from walkeraofamerice.com also known as walkeradirect.com. They are warehouses and offer no support or returns. Would Walkera not warranty there products ? Two days and it's electronically trashed. Does anyone know how to reach someone that may give me some direction ?
If you get no help from the vendor just contact your credit card company and file a chargeback or open a PayPal dispute.

Beats any warranty as you will get your cash back minus return shipping without question.
Username. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

walkera support? the manual is barely in english. 3 out of 4 walkera rx that I own saw the business end of my soldering iron inside of a week (1 broke due to operator error). The one that hasn't had any problems looks like it was assembled by a drunken 5 year old (crooked connectors, solder blobs, black flux/carbon residue on batt. connectors. That said, the devo7 is a hell of a radio for the money, the mini cp is the best in its class, and I will absolutely be buying more walkera products. They have a lot of great ideas but piss poor manufacturing quality. Bottom line, this is the best stuff coming out of Guangdong. I don't bother with warranties or customer service anyway.
zzyzx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username. View Post
If you get no help from the vendor just contact your credit card company and file a chargeback or open a PayPal dispute.
That's not a good idea. Although there are a few other reasons as well, Walkeraofamerica has a publicly available policy that they don't provide support or accept returns.

As far as they or the credit card company are concerned, their responsibility ended when the product left their door.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
That's not a good idea. Although there are a few other reasons as well, Walkeraofamerica has a publicly available policy that they don't provide support or accept returns.

As far as they or the credit card company are concerned, their responsibility ended when the product left their door.
I don't know how it works in the US, but here in the UK if something doesn't work as described or isn't delivered the chargeback works fine.

I've proceeded and won a Visa chargeback on at least 6 occasions over the last 5 years or so.

I bought a faulty expensive car stereo just 3 Weeks ago that was malfunctioning, and as I was having problems with the shop I bought it from doing an exchange I pursued a chargeback and Visa instantly refunded me.

I suppose banking with a decent bank helps as well.

We also have distance selling regulations here where you can return something for an immediate refund if you don't want it. It's one of many trading laws.

Anyway, I wish the OP good luck with His problem.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't know how it works in the US, but here in the UK if something doesn't work as described or isn't delivered the chargeback works fine.
That may be but none of that really applies.

If a company says they don't provide support and accept no returns and one agrees to those terms, that's a legally binding contract for purchase with the terms laid out.

A mutually agreed to contracts a still legally binding in the UK too or there would be no real sense in having purchasing agreements.

If that is not the case then contracts of any kind are pretty much worthless if one can change one's mind and decide one doesn't want to abide by what one agreed to.

On a different front, who can say that the birds didn't work as described or more importantly, would not have worked as describe if in the hands of someone knowledgeable in their usage?

Not to knock on HelinHarley but all bets are off once a bird is crashed as to how it performed initially.

Otherwise one could buy a car, smash it up, take it back and ask for one's money back. That wouldn't seem to make much sense either.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
That may be but none of that really applies.

If a company says they don't provide support and accept no returns and one agrees to those terms, that's a legally binding contract for purchase with the terms laid out.

A mutually agreed to contracts a still legally binding in the UK too or there would be no real sense in having purchasing agreements.

If that is not the case then contracts of any kind are pretty much worthless if one can change one's mind and decide one doesn't want to abide by what one agreed to.

On a different front, who can say that the birds didn't work as described or more importantly, would not have worked as describe if in the hands of someone knowledgeable in their usage?

Not to knock on HelinHarley but all bets are off once a bird is crashed as to how it performed initially.

Otherwise one could buy a car, smash it up, take it back and ask for one's money back. That wouldn't seem to make much sense either.
If a company insist they don't accept returns, it's entirely illegal practice here.
Distance selling regulations will completely overrule that, as will Paypal and the Visa chargeback scheme. I've done it.
Here are some consumer laws which vendors MUST adhere to. Again, this is UK law. I don't know if the US is the same.
The returns/refund clause is printed near the lower part of the page.
http://www.consumeradvice.net/pages/faq.htm
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The returns/refund clause is printed near the lower part of the page.
http://www.consumeradvice.net/pages/faq.htm
There is also this listed under "Are there any times when I will not be entitled to my money back or to exchange the goods ?":
Quote:
Or if you did the damage yourself either by ignoring advice about using the goods or through lack of care.
Again, not to put blame on HelinHarley but it wouldn't be that hard to make the claim that crashing the product into the ground or even taking off if it didn't seem stable could be cause for a claim of 'lack of care'.

HelinHarley could still try to make a claim to his credit card company but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in