Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #801 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a HK 450 v2 on order but what Rx do I need to be able to use my Dx6i (or anything else)?

PS- First time builder and new to the sport
Neo Blade 120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #802 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Blade 120 View Post
I have a HK 450 v2 on order but what Rx do I need to be able to use my Dx6i (or anything else)?

PS- First time builder and new to the sport
I bought an AR6100e and for backup, I ordered a ar6100 from dealextream in China for about $9. It takes about a month for delivery.

I have not finished my build yet because I got a Phoenix flight sim thats eating up my time.
Im glad I did cause I don't think I would have made it to "hover level" without breaking up a lot of parts.
wiseold1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #803 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My 2c

I'm very happy with my cheap 450 (CopterX 450 pro TT from ehirobo). Like the thread starter, my kit came with a 401 clone gyro which was junk and got replaced with a quark. The only other criticism I could make is that the stock tail was slightly sloppy, but that's pretty common. I bought a turnigy 9x tx/rx which makes for a seriously cheap total package, even with a high-end gyro.

I have severely abused the stock hardware and I am really impressed at how it has held up. The blades were perfectly balanced out of the box and the thing flies smooth, quiet and stable.
avrflr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #804 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.oomodel.com/receiver-spektrum-c-142_145.html

There are MASSIVE savings on spektrum rx at this link.
$25 for a $80 AR6200 RX
$8 for a $25 AR6100 RX

There is also a brand called Orange that makes cheap RX for various brandes of Tx inc. Spektrum.
Gerken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #805 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile First time builder

Thank you--- that is some great info.
Neo Blade 120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #806 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default even cheaper deal

Hey guys check out this even cheaper deal on 450 clone

https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001226921

https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001224540
michaeldepeza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #807 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The PDF's do not work.

The PDF's do not work.
jbaber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #808 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Cheap knock off Spektrum RX's

I noticed a few pages back of some people (myself included) using the orange rx's. There is another that I also use that is far cheaper than the orange ones and works just as well. I've never had any issues. I like to buy as many of these in one sitting as possible. AR6100E for $3.99 each.

http://www.targethobby.com/spectrum-...p-4161774.html
BoozinFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #809 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi I have 2 of these helis and oddly enough the quality is superb
very happy
jerry1711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #810 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wow

On Jan 19 2009 Racer38,had a vision, build the 450 starter, here we are july 4 2014, and it still works, and still makes sense, Thanks so much all of you. I'm days away from receiving my HK450GT. 49.95, HK900 servo's for cyclic, Typhoon 2215 motor,
More to come. Thanks again, I' gonna see it done, yes sirree.
kriswithak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #811 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriswithak View Post
On Jan 19 2009 Racer38,had a vision, build the 450 starter, here we are july 4 2014, and it still works, and still makes sense
I wish you luck with this project... I've just given up on trying to get mine airborne, despite having invested countless hours into putting it together... A complete waste of $50, IMHO.
mike_a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #812 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question...

Anyone have the PDFs they can upload somewhere so others can still download them? The original links dont work.

Also I looked at the HK450 V2s kits and it says most of teh parts are compatible with the TREX450. Which parts arent compatible?
Greywolf74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #813 (permalink)
Registered Users

You sure dug up an old thread. What are you trying to do, build a cheap 450? Things have changed a lot since 2009 and there are some other great options out there for a cheap build. As far as I know the newer HK kits are fully align compatible. They are made by a different company now than in 2009 and as far as I know the quality has improved. If you are looking for a build thread the Officially Unofficial Tarot 450 build thread is fairly active and the videos are great and still work. It's also a newer flybarless pro build so covers the advances in technology.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #814 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm doing a HK450 build as well, slow process though. I don't plan to rush it and it is going to be an extreme budget build. Decent stuff but not complete garbage. So far I got

5x towerpro 90 servos for $12 to the door. Three will be used for cyclic and two as back ups

Emax es08de digital servo for the tail. $6 to the door

I have not ordered anything else and still deciding on my battery power. Either 4s or 3s. I don't want to do 6s for the main fact of the old saying "more power, more problems". I'm leaning towards 4s. With 4s ill be using a 2700kv motor and a dynam esc. Maybe castle if I went 6s.

Anyways the heli is still in pieces but I must say for as cheap as the kit looks it's impressive. My canopy was broken but other than that not a big deal. Will update soon. Any input of battery power wise will be appreciated!
Dstaks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #815 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I were starting my first 450 I would build a 6s setup. They don't have to be insanely powerful. You can set them up to be as gentle as a 3s setup by using a lower tooth pinion. I find a 12 tooth straight pinion or 10 tooth slant to be a nice head speed for sport flying using the popular 3500 ish kv motors on 3s or the 1700 kv motors on 6s. You will save in the long run by not buying batteries twice if you go 6s. You will already have the power setup you need if you decide to stretch or buy a gaui X3, mini protos etc.

YEP 40's are a decent budget ESC. I also have a castle talon 35 and it works well with FBL as well. Another popular option is a hobbywing platinum 50av3.

Your tail servo is not ideal. It is slow and small and underpowered. You will want something faster and stronger. The Emax ES9257 or 9258 is more appropriate or if you like the smaller servo the 9256 is very good. It's is similar to a Tgy-306hv or Kst 215mg.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #816 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Wow, still some interest in this. I have uploaded all of the original files and videos to the following link.

http://phantom-rc.com/hk450

These are all original from way back when and I have done no updates.

I am sure many of the items have been upgraded and there are probably better options for some of the items listed.

I'm still in the Hobby but haven't been very active, maybe I should change that !
Racer38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 06:56 PM   #817 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I for one think somebody should do an updated 'budget 450'. Maybe for under 400 sans Tx, Rx, charger and batteries. More room to play with

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in