Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea I gave them photos and the chance to make it right. There was plenty of space for an extra battery. They told me they wanted 30-60 days to investigate and see if a battery turns up misplaced in the warehouse... (right). I had problems with this order from the start. it went through fast to the picking/packing phase and sat for 4 days. I am assuming someone needed a pack for another order saw mine sitting there for so long and took it out as mine had been waiting for something.

Who knows filed a claim with paypal earlier today. We will see what hobby king does. I asked for a refund for the cost of the battery. I would much rather just have the battery sent to me but figured it would complicate things to much.
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you try telling them that 30-60 days was unacceptable and you wanted the batteries you ordered shipping right away? The 'first level' of HK customer service seem to be drones who just trot out standard generic responses that usually have little relevance to your problem. You need to keep at them until you get someone who can talk sense.

Maybe the paypal claim will sort it out quicker, i hope it works out.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did tell them waiting 30-60 days was unacceptable being that they had my money. But they told me thats their procedure. They denied my refund on paypal saying they are investigating it and will provide feedback in 30-60 days. I escalated it with paypal and left it in paypals hands now. We will see what happens.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man! And I was about to order a few LiPo's from them. Now I'm nervous about.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

In my personal experience, hobby king has been a perfectly reliable source of cheap hobby parts.

Out of circa 5 orders that I've placed (I'm only a young university lad, not many orders as of yet!) two of them had issues.

First one: Aside from ordering a bunch of 1S batteries of which I got a couple for free, my HFP100 FS came with very chatty servos. So chatty that one ended up burning up inside a the first week. I recorded a video for HK costumer service and inside a week a replacement was sent with no further questions asked.

Second one: Ordered a bunch of 2S and 3S batteries, as well as parallel charging boards and a turnigy reaktor/power supply. One of the batteries developed a faulty cell inside the 30 day warranty period. I filed an RMA with pictures of the battery hooked up to the charger showing an "input error, voltage low" or something like that. A week later I get a message saying a replacement has shipped (monday) and tuesday morning a shiny new battery was at my front door. They shipped it by FEDEX!

So in my limited experience with Hobby King, even when mistakes have happened they have stood behind their products and sent a replacement inside a week's time.
GodsLt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in